Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 10th Jan 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WHU
WHU
WHU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1578568510359.png v. 1578568517069.png
EPL Week 22 - Friday 10th January 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-ham-united.486/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 11.17.10.png

Much better last 30min.

McBurnie for the McGoldrick role?

Fuck me, absolute gift. We were shocking.

Lundstram for Besic should have happened after 20 minutes.

"His second name is Lundstram, got him in from Oxford, he always gives the ball away."

Final half an hour/40 minutes I'd say we were about 60% effectiveness, but the rest we were abysmal, reminded me of Norwich away first half, or Watford away. Just poor.

Got the three points though so that's all that matters.

Moose has had plenty of chances, should have done better, and he looked good with McBurnie.

What a horrible game of football that was but we got the job done...just...despite them having the ball in the net more times than we did! Better in the second half but wasn't difficult to improve on the first. Besic in for Lundstram who was crap tonight

Phew! Can I take a breath now . Finally var is in our favour for once .

Much better second half , thought McBurnie played well , his work rate has definitely improved and his tracking back was superb .
Nice 3 points against the shammers and with the gaffers new contract it’s time to sink a few jars . UTB

Why the fuck did Moyes not start Snodgrass? As soon as he came he was their most dangerous player with his first touch.

Has to be one of the most underrated in the league, always quality when I see him but he's always off the bench or something.

When you look at some of the players in the league that have the media up their trumpets he's miles better than some of them.

Put it this way, I'm glad we don't have to play against him again this season.

Why the fuck did Moyes not start Snodgrass? As soon as he came he was their most dangerous player with his first touch.
Glad to get one over Snodgrass this time, he always seems to score against us, was it him who buried a late free kick a couple of seasons ago?

I really hope we haven’t used all our luck for the season in that one goal. Mistake for our goal, including a finish by McBurnie where he seemed to try his best to miss it, two errors by Egan leading to goalscoring chances, one of which leads to a goal that VAR overturns.

We were much better second half – Fleck was as good in that half as he was bad first half. McBurnie, who I thought was one of our better players first half, was excellent that half. Lundstram if anything though got worse – Besic for me should start the next one. But we worsened with Snodgrass’s intro – panic stations with every one of his free-kicks. Another Henderson save kept us in it.

Delighted with the win. But we’re a lot better than that.

Always rated snodders since he was at Leeds... Be a good reserve for us now 😉

In sunmary
  • Our midfield was shite most of the game (fleck played a decent last 20)
  • Besic was really good the second he came on
  • we are better with the ball at our feet than smashing it long
  • Mcburnie was really good, (i hadnt rated him too much before today) he was better than didzy at linking play although his goal was a little flukey (almost had an open net to hit and got through the smallest gap under the keeper)
  • Snodgrass is still a bloody classy mid
  • shit first 70 mins and we finished strong
  • the disallowed goal was the most satisfying way we could have finished after how often VAR had gone against us (celebrated like we had won promotion)

In sunmary
  • Our midfield was shite most of the game (fleck played a decent last 20)
  • Besic was really good the second he came on
  • we are better with the ball at our feet than smashing it long
  • Mcburnie was really good, (i hadnt rated him too much before today) he was better than didzy at linking play although his goal was a little flukey (almost had an open net to hit and got through the smallest gap under the keeper)
  • Snodgrass is still a bloody classy mid
  • shit first 70 mins and we finished strong
  • the disallowed goal was the most satisfying way we could have finished after how often VAR had gone against us (celebrated like we had won promotion)
If we had any doubt about our manager, then listening to the post match interviews sums it up: Mr Wilder: honest, dignified and accurate.
Mr Moyes: I really don’t know what game he was watching!

i thought we were alright but not at our best. west ham gave us all of troubles at times when the scored i wasnt too surprised because was worried for most of the time we were 1-0 that the trait of giving the ball away so easily & being so sloppy in possession would come back to bite us & but for VAR it wouldve. we have to better at that we have to keep the ball better because as i said on simliar point on different thread we architects of our downfall at times in the last 2 home games like watford & west ham. this tje premier league if you keep giving the ball away they have players that will hurt you

I really hope we haven’t used all our luck for the season in that one goal. Mistake for our goal, including a finish by McBurnie where he seemed to try his best to miss it, two errors by Egan leading to goalscoring chances, one of which leads to a goal that VAR overturns.

We needed all that luck just to get 1 point never mind 3. If it's the entire season's worth of luck then so be it, puts us incredibly close to safety and it's not even February yet.

Back
Top Bottom