Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 10th Jan 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WHU
WHU
WHU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1578568510359.png v. 1578568517069.png
EPL Week 22 - Friday 10th January 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-ham-united.486/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 11.17.10.png

Be careful..some of their top-boys out tonight
93248430-E74B-454D-89FD-E0B68D545EB6.jpeg

Well , you're top billing Friday night , we'll all be watching live on TV from around the Globe ..a new modern day rivalry if you like , thanks to the Carlos Tevez affair .. so for those of you actually going , can we expect a nasty , hostile reception for the horrible hammers ?

I do hope so ..it's what the punters want , its why its got a prime viewing slot , no accident ..bit of decent old agg to get things lively from the off sounds good to me
Come on United !!!

I think, no matter how many Blades will say to the contrary on this particular forum, there'll be some needle to this match and the atmosphere will be a good'un. Especially given its a Friday night and it's the first time they've been to the Lane since the Tevez debacle.

If the ref starts acting up like he did when we last played you Derby lot at the Lane, the fans will be right at it.

Really don't understand how WHU can be so low on the ranking. Should be a really tough match. 2-1.

Important game this. Hate to mention it but if we lose we are potentially 6 points off the relegation places (unlikely though, as Villa would need to beat Man City). Win and we are up to 5th, at least until Saturday.

As I mentioned, I would be fine with a draw, which would keep our "cushion" intact.

The losses away at Liverpool and Man City mean nothing, they are easily the two best teams in England and among the top 5 in Europe. Liverpool are the best team in the world. They outclassed us but City didn't.

We can hopefully get a result tonight, but West Ham can be decent on their day, and anything can happen with VAR. I expect them to sit back like Newcastle did, and try to catch us on the break, so we must make our chances count. Only dilemma is which strikers we start with. Probably Goldie and Moose, with McBurnie or Sharp coming off the bench. Luke Freeman could play a part if needed.

Really don't understand how WHU can be so low on the ranking. Should be a really tough match. 2-1.
I can, mate.
Until wins against L1 Gills & injury/form ravaged Bournemouth, we were in an uncontrolled tailspin, under Pellers.
Sheffield United are not the Gills or Bournemouth..

Important game this. Hate to mention it but if we lose we are potentially 6 points off the relegation places (unlikely though, as Villa would need to beat Man City). Win and we are up to 5th, at least until Saturday.

As I mentioned, I would be fine with a draw, which would keep our "cushion" intact.

The losses away at Liverpool and Man City mean nothing, they are easily the two best teams in England and among the top 5 in Europe. Liverpool are the best team in the world. They outclassed us but City didn't.

We can hopefully get a result tonight, but West Ham can be decent on their day, and anything can happen with VAR. I expect them to sit back like Newcastle did, and try to catch us on the break, so we must make our chances count. Only dilemma is which strikers we start with. Probably Goldie and Moose, with McBurnie or Sharp coming off the bench. Luke Freeman could play a part if needed.
I really don't know how we're likely to play tonight. Mic Ant is a big miss.
Totally agree about your Livarpool/ManC matches. Losing 2-0 at both of those is not relegation form. Many will do worse against them.

I can, mate.
Until wins against L1 Gills & injury/form ravaged Bournemouth, we were in an uncontrolled tailspin, under Pellers.
Sheffield United are not the Gills or Bournemouth..
Haven't watched lots of WHU games this season, but with players like Fornals, Anderson, Diop, Balbuena, Rice & Haller you have no business in being in relegation trouble. Even with the worst coach on earth. But okay, time for you to underperform one more time tonight and then go on a nice run :)

Just been on their forum to have a gander of their thoughts. So many posts about us being up for it cos of the Tevez saga and how we hate them more than Millwall.

It's ridiculous, nobody gives a shit anymore apart from them. Wonder how many of them will actually wear those fucking masks again, or bring Tevez shirts.... but we're the ones that still bear a grudge!?

Haven't watched lots of WHU games this season, but with players like Fornals, Anderson, Diop, Balbuena, Rice & Haller you have no business in being in relegation trouble.
We've been thinking that...out of that list, only really Rice has been partly performing this season.

Just been on their forum to have a gander of their thoughts. So many posts about us being up for it cos of the Tevez saga and how we hate them more than Millwall.

It's ridiculous, nobody gives a shit anymore apart from them. Wonder how many of them will actually wear those fucking masks again, or bring Tevez shirts.... but we're the ones that still bear a grudge!?
It is bonkers. Mind you, it's your fault for not being Millwall..we obviously like bearing a grudge but we rarely can play them!

If only they realised that we don't have an issue with Tevez personally, never did. He was a fine player no doubt about it, and he didn't cheat anyone. If they were to wear Duxbury or Scudamore masks, then they might be closer to the problem.

I'm actually glad I don't have to watch the game as I know it'll be 90% dedicated to fucking Tevez trying to stoke the game up.

I think it's really important not to lose. There's a good chance we'll lose the next 2 games and losing 5 in a row is bound to have a negative affect on any team.

Reactions: Feo
Mousset didn't rip Liverpool apart so he deserves to be dropped to be fair.

Zabaleta's pace would only neutralise him anyway.

this is the big game that we knew would be back when the fixtures came out & we need 3 pts out of this to get us very tough next 2 games even though i think we can pick up points as arsenal are got outplayed by leeds 1st half & players can only take confidence from ehithad. as it was easy to go 6 games without a win through no fault of our own. when in june we knew we had a spell of fa cup finalists, PL champs twice, Euro champs, West Ham, Arsenal,

im really hoping the west ham that turned up v Gillingham on sunday. because if so easy 3pts

Bout 100 of em drinking in Broomhill.. All seem a bit overconfident to me.. Not that I'm about to suggest owt else to em😏

Back
Top Bottom