Match Thread Sheffield United v. Watford - 26th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WATF
WATF
WATF
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1577269928409.png v. 1577269941793.png
EPL Week 19 - Thursday 26th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
-

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Ben Toner
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

This match is live on Amazon Prime, if you are going to sign up (and take advantage of a free trial), please go via our link, which will give the forum £3.00 per signup - http://www.amazon.co.uk/tryprimefree?tag=s24com05-21

Screenshot 2019-12-25 at 10.35.29.png

MOTM or king of the match whatever it is, has to be Ben Foster. Without him we win 3-1.

That save from Fleck was unbelievable.

Think Moose comes back in for the next one, McBurnie was good first half but it wasn't the game for him, he's better when we're lacking possession.

Still, I'll take that point happily, keeps the total rising and to be fair, they had less of the ball and less shots but very dangerous.

Baldock great for us today I think, Norwood our star though. Quality delivery and a goal.
You don't think we'll be lacking possession in the next game?

Love your optimism!

today was not a bad performance but not great 1. we were unlucky denied by some great saves from foster like the fleck save, we did give ball away easily causing our own issues at times & passes that normally come off didnt today. but its still 1 point from a game we couldve easily lost

i think some credit should be given to Watford for me they look like a team transformed under Pearson & technically Deeney from Quice sanchez Flores but also could be said that they couldn't get worse & if i was 1 of the rivals in that relegation battle. i would be very worried because good v Liverpool. outplayed man utd & were decent today they have a fighting of avoiding the drop

also stat if your interested. we have ended the decade how we started it with a 1-1 comeback draw v a london side
Screenshot_20191226-180011.jpg

Scrappy, messy, still feeling the turkey. I can see Watford having a bit of a run so not a bad point. Henderson's indecision and lack of awareness of his near post wasn;t great but that's the second fairly easy head on we've conceded from. Centre backs are too far apart. Still, another point towards safety.

End of the day Watford are still an established premier league side with a bigger wage bill. Another point to staying up :)

Thought we played too much long ball today and had a lot of misplaced passes, especially in the first half. However, I was watching it at the in laws and they all thought that we played well. Maybe we've been spoilt over the past few years.
Nope, that was the worst performance of the season, if not the last as well. Why did we suddenly think lumping the ball forward from Henderson was a good idea? Fleck and Lunstram couldn’t make a pass, McBurnie back to bambi legs, being bullied in every 50:50. Mousse comes on and immediately, bar a world class save from Foster and the game is ours. McGoldrick was dire and Sharp should have had 20 mins in place of him at the end

today was not a bad performance but not great 1. we were unlucky denied by some great saves from foster like the fleck save, we did give ball away easily causing our own issues at times & passes that normally come off didnt today. but its still 1 point from a game we couldve easily lost

i think some credit should be given to Watford for me they look like a team transformed under Pearson & technically Deeney from Quice sanchez Flores but also could be said that they couldn't get worse & if i was 1 of the rivals in that relegation battle. i would be very worried because good v Liverpool. outplayed man utd & were decent today they have a fighting of avoiding the drop

also stat if your interested. we have ended the decade how we started it with a 1-1 comeback draw v a london side
View attachment 67302
Seriously? We played lump ball all game. Every time Hendo wasn’t banging it upfield to players who were out challenged all afternoon, we played it 10 yards into their half and then launched balls into the final quarter - awful to watch

That save from Fleck’s shot though. Jesus Christ. Was sat right behind it. Still don’t know how it happened.

In 95/100 other games, that goes in and we win and are 1 point off Chelsea in 4th. Small margins.

Frustrating game but pinch myself and reflect on being 6th after Boxing Day

UTB

Seriously? We played lump ball all game. Every time Hendo wasn’t banging it upfield to players who were out challenged all afternoon, we played it 10 yards into their half and then launched balls into the final quarter - awful to watch

im not saying we did try hoof ball because there were times we were route 1 & times we were playing long diagonals to try & find a way through the organisation of Watford but they were many time when we were trying to play football but passes that would go where just that bit too hard to bit too short. but that happens cant be great every week

We were not at our best, and Watford were quick on the break.

Foster is a great goal keeper and will have no end of suitors, should Watford go down (which I don't think they will), but for me, the most annoying part, yet again, is a great free kick from Norwood, in front of the kop, near the end of the game. He curls the ball round their defenders and it runs a straight-ish line along the goal line (from where I was watching), and it just needs a Blades player, any one of them, to stick a foot forward and tap the ball into the net, but all of them just seemed to watch it roll past.

Frustrating that we couldn't find a winner, but a point is better than none.

UTB.

Just battered Villa with 10 men for about 40 minutes.

On the up, not a terrible point.

Back
Top Bottom