Match Thread Sheffield United v. Watford - 26th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WATF
WATF
WATF
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1577269928409.png v. 1577269941793.png
EPL Week 19 - Thursday 26th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
-

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Ben Toner
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

This match is live on Amazon Prime, if you are going to sign up (and take advantage of a free trial), please go via our link, which will give the forum £3.00 per signup - http://www.amazon.co.uk/tryprimefree?tag=s24com05-21

Screenshot 2019-12-25 at 10.35.29.png

1 point is no good for them they need points.They will have to come out and attack.
Big chance to win today Blades with that loud, sold out crowd to make the difference!

Fleck in for Freeman it seems. Obv Fleck needs to come back in but didn't think Luke played too bad, might have given Lunny a breather

Skybet have us to win in the super boost for the first time this season (I think).

To pass the time before Kick Off...

Players who played for both.

I've come up with a few: Paul Devlin, Darius Henderson, Jon Harley, Rob Page, Jordan Stewart, Marlon King, Lee Williamson, John Joe O'Toole, Will Hoskins, Mark Yeates, Matt Spring, Bruce Dyer, Danny Webber, Tommy Mooney, Stephen McGinn, Nyron Nosworthy, Craig Beattie and Steve Kabba...anymore?
Some shockers on there 🤮🤮

Delay owing to we have Found some pigs in the sewer shouldn’t take long to flush em out

15 mins
Post update
Sheff Utd 0-0 Watford
David McGoldrick is flagged offside as he puts a chance over the bar. He has had more shots without scoring than any other player in the Premier League with 34 before today.

Similar to Newcastle game. They have 11 men behind the ball and we r struggling to break them down. Like Newcastle they look dangerous on the break. I'd be tempted to bring Moose on and go with him and McB up front with McG just behind.

If there’s one thing that this game confirms it’s that Didzy simply cannot play as a striker. He’s been woeful. Get him in the 10 spot where he does damage.

MOTM or king of the match whatever it is, has to be Ben Foster. Without him we win 3-1.

That save from Fleck was unbelievable.

Think Moose comes back in for the next one, McBurnie was good first half but it wasn't the game for him, he's better when we're lacking possession.

Still, I'll take that point happily, keeps the total rising and to be fair, they had less of the ball and less shots but very dangerous.

Baldock great for us today I think, Norwood our star though. Quality delivery and a goal.

I only listened to first 10 mins on radio then came home ill (though I did know it was 1 all at HT). Only just seen the score, so based on this alone, the pre-last 3 games I said I would take 6 from the 9. And last week after seeing they got a new manager, I thought this game looked tougher (especially as every one will be rewatching the Newcastle match to see how to try and kill the game). Then seeing them do over Man U. Glad they got them first. New managers is always a bad time to play someone.

I think if we got nothing/or little from the last 2, this would look worse. 7 out of these 9, is good, and given our position, at New Year I would have snapped hand off at beginning of season.

Not Didzys day today whatsoever but all in all we should have won... 16 shots, 9 corners, 2 top saves from Foster and a partridge in a pear tree.

ah this doesn't sound bad at all.

I'm talking from outsider point of view here, as I only listened to 10 mins. If we made 16 shots and had 9 corners, then, just keep doing this. Keepers will miss some. Lots of good keepers in the prem, that's a big difference to lower leagues. Hope we get to keep ours. (the side issue was DeGhea was terrible against them, and they'll be watching Hend keenly)

10 points from the last possible 12 is a perfect buffer going into the next 2 defeats ;)

Lack of subs was an odd one. Mousset not starting today will be because he needs to be 100% fit against Man City, but unless McGoldrick isn't playing on Sunday there was nothing to be gained by leaving him on for the last 15 minutes or so when the game passed him by entirely. Not enough creativity or movement from a few of the players

To pass the time before Kick Off...

Players who played for both.

I've come up with a few: Paul Devlin, Darius Henderson, Jon Harley, Rob Page, Jordan Stewart, Marlon King, Lee Williamson, John Joe O'Toole, Will Hoskins, Mark Yeates, Matt Spring, Bruce Dyer, Danny Webber, Tommy Mooney, Stephen McGinn, Nyron Nosworthy, Craig Beattie and Steve Kabba...anymore?

Glyn Hodges, Mark Morris, Tony Agana?

Thought we played too much long ball today and had a lot of misplaced passes, especially in the first half. However, I was watching it at the in laws and they all thought that we played well. Maybe we've been spoilt over the past few years.

Lack of subs was an odd one. Mousset not starting today will be because he needs to be 100% fit against Man City, but unless McGoldrick isn't playing on Sunday there was nothing to be gained by leaving him on for the last 15 minutes or so when the game passed him by entirely. Not enough creativity or movement from a few of the players

Having listened to Wilder, I find it even more strangle that we only made one substitution.

Think we dealt with the weather poorly today, a lot of ground passes weren't judged correctly after seeing a few zip away, so we went loftier, but when we actually had a player on in Moose who can reach even an overhit pass, we started doing the big diagonals.

Bit of a iffy game, for me if it was Moose on and McBurnie coming on it would have made more sense, but we must've been keeping Moose safe knowing we'll be playing on the counter more in the next 2.

Watford a decent team though and now they have a manager who knows how to get them playing they'll be safe I reckon.

Good attacking players and an excellent keeper.

Back
Top Bottom