Match Thread Sheffield United v. Southampton - Saturday 6th March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SOUT
SOUT
SOUT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1614976665546.png v. 1614976674553.png
EPL Week 27 - Saturday 6th March 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-southampton.535

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 13.42.26.png

We just create nothing. Build up play is horrendous. We rely on our overlapping centre backs to create chances, at what point do we realise that we can’t just rely on that happening and we need more flair
Seems not mate... it’s been apparent to us since game 6 that we need something different tactically yet here we are towards the end of the season and the management would have us believe there’s nowt wrong... I’ve watched just as much football as them in my life and I know different

You would think Lundstrum would try to put himself "in the shop window"

Lundstram doing his best to give away a third goal.

We've had some great times last few seasons, but this has been a tough watch .

We're just not very good at this level are we.

No pace. No power. No technical ability. No creativity.

Most are trying really hard, I don't blame them, but the majority aren't up to it.
This in a nutshell!

Hi Stegosaurus here

Wilder has to go. He's tactically deficient. Honestly, can see us facing the drop next season too. We're wank.

Hate Southampton, some decent players but top of the class for engineering free kicks. Well played Rammers, Fleck, Bogle.

Positives

Brewster - Made a nuisance of himself took up some good positions lots of tenacity and was unlucky didsy didn’t play him through in the first half.

Bryan - competent if not spectacular certainly looks a solid centrehalf option

Baldock - see above played well in an unfamiliar position

Ramsdale - not at fault for either goal some smart saves and assured performance all round.

Honourable mentions

Mcburnie - linked the play well after coming on in a deeper role if we stop lumping it to him he’s got something about him.

Norwood - solid if not spectacular no mistakes and the game changed when he went off.

Negatives

Lundstram - isn’t fully committed can’t hate him for it he’s protecting his earning potential in the summer but shouldn’t be playing in those circumstances.

Didzy - a bridge too far for a very good player today hopefully he’s refreshed for the next game.

Wilder - one of his worst tactical performances imo. The change at half time didn’t work exposed Lundstram and completely killed the game for us. He can’t persist in playing Lundstram now accept it’s over and let him go regardless of which body he chooses to fill that hole with I’d imagine most fans would support the decision.

Last edited:
I know we are down anyway, but I'm genuinely gutted by that performance.
Completely inept and I can't see any real hope going forward. Have we genuinely got no one better than Lundstram in the reserves to blood for next season?
I hope CW comes out 'says it like it is' because if he doesn't I would hope the owners are looking at their options for the remainder of the season and into next.
Completely unacceptable. No one is bigger than the club. No one.
UTB

First time I've been really angry this season.
Between Lundstram & his arrogance, Moose wearing gloves in summer & Brewster producing zero nothing zilch in 23 games ... I fuckin despair. If he doesn't bollock'em Wilder can fuck off
Agree but Whats the point in bollocking them ? Isnt gonna make them play better- they are down and out literally. With the players we had to pick from and after playing with 10 men midweek (they last played Monday) we should have seen this performance coming but it’s the hope that kills you.
I did think a few showed some fight today - mcburnie fleck and Bogle, Baldock plus Ramsdale ok for me but time up lundstram and mousset - shouldnt get another game this season- but perhaps wilder waiting until we mathematically relegated

We're just not very good at this level are we.

No pace. No power. No technical ability. No creativity.

Most are trying really hard, I don't blame them, but the majority aren't up to it.
Agree but CWAK never give them a chance playing 3-5-2. Southampton were truly awful first half hour and still they dominated midfield. Bizzare tactics not to compete in the midfield and then to revert to hood ball when game has gone is tactically so god damn poor

Back
Top Bottom