Match Thread Sheffield United v. Nottingham Forest - 4th May 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
NOTF
NOTF
NOTF
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1714598290444.png vs 1714598299212.png

Premier League Matchweek 36 - Saturday 5th May 2024 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-nottingham-forest.692/

Officials:

Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Sam Allison
VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 22.21.26.png

So let me get this right, we start two strikers who won't be with us next season, bring on one of the few younger lads we were playing for another attacking player who won't be with us next season (tbf Brooks was poor and did need to come off), then take off a striker for a DM, and never use our final sub window despite having two strikers on the bench while losing? If we can't be bothered to try to either get something from the game or learn something for next season, then idk if I can bother going to the Spurs game. Fuck that "management"

As an aside 6/5 on MGW to score or assist was free money

So let me get this right, we start two strikers who won't be with us next season, bring on one of the few younger lads we were playing for another attacking player who won't be with us next season (tbf Brooks was poor and did need to come off), then take off a striker for a DM, and never use our final sub window despite having two strikers on the bench while losing? If we can't be bothered to try to either get something from the game or learn something for next season, then idk if I can bother going to the Spurs game. Fuck that "management"

Tactically inept. We learn nothing from game to game.

Sunderland won the league with 105 points after going down with 19 points.

We’ll have a new team next season, and unlike Burnley and either Leeds or Southampton, the pressure will be off because the fans will just be grateful to have a team not getting pasted week in week out
I really hope so

i felt in 1st half it felt like Newcastle last week. as joke goes you can write our match report before the game, playing well. should be well in front, missing chances have to buried & i hoped 2nd half isnt the same dejavu. but it was

i get the complaints with the defence, conceding the 100th goal & speaks of the defence. but we had 17 shots its criminal that we didnt score from open play. i said that i would annoyed only to be 2-1. the oldest cliche in the book, goals change games forest were clinical we weren't. if forest had the chances we had. they wouldve disappointed to not scored 5. wasnt it BBD, archer twice, someone else Brooks or bogle were all 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper

gus hamer has been fantastic today. for me easily man of the match. feel sorry for him to be a part of this team. he only reason why i stayed to shout some encouragement & praise to him at full time

Tactically inept. We learn nothing from game to game.
Definition of insanity mate. Picking Trusty and Anel but expecting them to not be fucking revolving doors for attackers.

Picking Diaz and Archer when they'll be no where near here next season. Same for McAtee.

This is as close to gross misconduct as you can get.

Well, the best bit about the match was getting a thumbs up from Laroucci before the game. Oh yeah 🤘

Same old story played well took the lead missed a bucket load of chances, then gave a goal away then a lot of defensive errors cost us yet again.

Listened on Radio Sheffield. Weird adjusting to it. I had to assume when they were chatting shit we had a lot of the ball but weren't doing much.

Sounded like you had a lot of good chances but we scored out of nowhere.

Asaba was straight up giving a lot of players shit which I found interesting. Calling souza and someone else "pointy one and pointy two" which made me laugh.

is this the point he's snapped or has he been doing that for a while?

hes not wrong, i was saying i would've been disappointed to be going into half time only 2-1 up,

XG 2.27 v 1.49

Didn’t deserve to lose on play and chances created but just shows how bad we are in both boxes.
i dont like XG but it interesting on games where youve missed many chances. wasnt the last home game 1.4 v 0.5 but lost 4-1

Listened on Radio Sheffield. Weird adjusting to it. I had to assume when they were chatting shit we had a lot of the ball but weren't doing much.

Sounded like you had a lot of good chances but we scored out of nowhere.

Asaba was straight up giving a lot of players shit which I found interesting. Calling souza and someone else "pointy one and pointy two" which made me laugh.

is this the point he's snapped or has he been doing that for a while?
Yes I heard Asaba crying, 'Oh no..oh nooo..Grbic' and laughing during the Man United match when Foderingham looked injured and other keeper Grbic was warming up. I think he's just realised he's allowed to be caustic now.

Back
Top Bottom