Match Thread Sheffield United v. Millwall - 19th October 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MILL
MILL
MILL
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1634588687799.png v. 1634588695745.png
Championship Week 13 - Tuesday 19th October 2021 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Millwall

Officials:

Referee:
Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Assistant Referee: Paul Hodskinson
Fourth Official: Peter Wright

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 21.26.41.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

The more referee toke role the more dangerous it looked out there for the players.
It's always frustrating and sad when sports are decided by the non-playing people.

Is there any way for 'average Joe' to make an official complaint?

Olsen 3
Bogle 5
Egan 5
Davies 5
Stevens 5.5
Fleck 5
Hourhaine 3
MGW 5.5
McGoldrick 4
Osborn 5
Sharp 4
NDiaye 5.5
Bash 5
Norwood 4

Looked a dive and a 2nd yellow to me, but the ref was atrocious, their man should have gone and ndiaye must have had four fouls not given against him

The first one wasn't a yellow though for me, strong tackle and a foul but only worth a word that early on, even if the second was a dive (only seen it live).

The first one wasn't a yellow though for me, strong tackle and a foul but only worth a word that early on, even if the second was a dive (only seen it live).

Thought they were both yellows to be fair but still one of the worst referees I've ever seen, he gave their player the benefit of the doubt and sent ours off with no hesitation

I have to say the manager has to take responsibility for this by dropping 2 players, ok that's in hindsight but you don't do it to a team that's just won, putting hourihan in just screwed us and gave all the momentum to millwall, mcgoldrick was awful, I'll be kind and say he missed 2 sitters, fleck ? One match I think he's turning a corner and the next game back to rubbish. I don't know about Gibbs whites first booking but I think he deserved the second one, and finally can the coaching team give some time during the week to the taking of corners and free kicks even if it's just 10 minutes because it's clear we don't do that

The more referee toke role the more dangerous it looked out there for the players.
It's always frustrating and sad when sports are decided by the non-playing people.

Is there any way for 'average Joe' to make an official complaint?
I don’t know the answer but there certainly should be. It must be a difficult job as a referee, but the FA and them shouldn’t be above recourse… which they currently are. Obvious bad decisions (like tonight) should require an explanation, at the very least. Managers and players are accountable, so why not officials?!

Appalling refereeing was the difference tonight. After the first half substitution we were the better team.
Agree, very inconsistent refereeing, frustrating, played better with 10 men

Olsen 3
Bogle 5
Egan 5
Davies 5
Stevens 5.5
Fleck 5
Hourhaine 3
MGW 5.5
McGoldrick 4
Osborn 5
Sharp 4
NDiaye 5.5
Bash 5
Norwood 4
Would love to see what Mark you gave Norwood if he got sent off for a dive and cost us the game..... Minus 3 maybe

yeah whatever ...I wonder what your marks would have been if we had drawn?
The same, we were shit. Had 5 minutes before half time and 5 minutes after that was literally it. Stay positive mate I applaud you for it but what I’m seeing is dross

Thought they were both yellows to be fair but still one of the worst referees I've ever seen, he gave their player the benefit of the doubt and sent ours off with no hesitation

Even if it's a dive, why book MGW and not Bogle for going down like a sniper had got him in the first half? Inconsistency is as bad as incorrect decisions.

Wtf can Slav do with wilders shite ?
He knew this coming in! How long do we all blame wilder for? He refuses to sub a consistently knackered Sharp. We’re defensively terrible. Players can’t stay fit. Norwood is his go to guy in all situations. It’s the same shite with a different formation

Even if it's a dive, why book MGW and not Bogle for going down like a sniper had got him in the first half? Inconsistency is as bad as incorrect decisions.
I agree he was a terrible ref as I said both bookings

Let’s face it, even with the ref we’re just shit, and some of that has to go on the management, they still don’t know what the best 11, 1 upfront with all the options we have is criminal, heading for a mid table season in just about the worst championship for years. So frustrating…..

He knew this coming in! How long do we all blame wilder for? He refuses to sub a consistently knackered Sharp. We’re defensively terrible. Players can’t stay fit. Norwood is his go to guy in all situations. It’s the same shite with a different formation

Why are you blaming Norwood ffs, conor Hourihane was so much worse... Surely you can see that....

How many subs can we have ?
You’re just on a knocking mission , log out ffs !

It’s funny we all thought that we’d walk the league forgetting the campaign we’d had the season before and how we’d been let down, it takes takes a few seasons to get rid of players from start to finish.

Why are you blaming Norwood ffs, conor Hourihane was so much worse... Surely you can see that....
Yes, I’m not blaming Norwood for tonight. I’m blaming Norwoods form for the past 12 months and managers still picking him! My post was about Slav. I gave CH 3/10 the worst on the pitch in my other post ‘ffs’

Carl Asaba was absolutely raging, it's the first time I've properly watched the Blades after show and Asaba was bang on with everything.

FWIW:
Norwood was OK, people already singling him out is laughable (set pieces still awful)
Ndiaye is raw but an incredible talent, love watching him
Fleck needs to go, can't keep putting up with the odd good game amongst all the shite
Can't not love Osborn despite his limitations
Billy needs resting
Kevin Gage needs to go too. At around the 75 minute mark he commented on how he thinks we shout get Mousset on for the last 10 mins

Let’s face it, even with the ref we’re just shit, and some of that has to go on the management, they still don’t know what the best 11, 1 upfront with all the options we have is criminal, heading for a mid table season in just about the worst championship for years. So frustrating…..
Agree with all that but i dont think we are shit. Just average at best. When we are on we are top 4-5 in league. When we arent we are 14-15th in league. And its very much 50/50 makes sense to me anyway 🍺

For me, there’s no point in blaming either manager at this stage. Slav is trying to get something different out of the players but some seem to be struggling to adapt. I doubt we’d have been in this position if he’d have got the players he wanted in the transfer window

One thing I don't understand is why, when Norwood's corners CONSISTENTLY hit the first man, do we not have someone making a near post run for the flick on? If the ball always drops short to the first man, why don't we put someone there?!

It’s funny we all thought that we’d walk the league forgetting the campaign we’d had the season before and how we’d been let down, it takes takes a few seasons to get rid of players from start to finish.

Everyone except me
I knew

How many subs can we have ?
You’re just on a knocking mission , log out ffs !
What have you seen tonight that’s positive? Tell me? What have you seen from 80% of our home games & 90% of our away games that’s keeping you positive about Slavs ideas?

All I’m saying is Billy was completely knackered, like he was before the international break. At nearly 36 resting him tonight ahead of Sunday would have been beneficial!

Do me a favour and read properly without just picking the points you don’t like

Back
Top Bottom