Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 21st October 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1697661040672.png vs. 1697661048774.png

Premier League Matchweek 9 - Saturday 21st October 2023 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.665/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Lee Betts, Dan Cook
Fourth Official: Andy Davies
VAR: John Brooks
Assistant VAR: Akil Howson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 21.30.05.png

We’ve lost to two bullshit goals! I thought we was good tonight. I’ll take that every week so long as we give everyone a game. The wins will come if we play with belief

Thanks Mr lasso ;)

Respectable performance but no threat. Nothing down the wings at all. Nothing on the bench to change things. Injuries racking up even more as well. Still looks pretty bleak for dem Blades.
We can't possibly have anything down the wings when we stupidly play Hamer & McAtee on their weaker side

Can we get 50 bob and a carrot for Bogle please.
Good job rashford doesn't seem interested in playing for them

Can we get 50 bob and a carrot for Bogle please.
Good job rashford doesn't seem interested in playing for them

I think it's unfair to single 1 player out. Only Robinson, Mcburnie and Archer impressed me today. I said this a few seasons ago, but we need to look at offering Mcburnie and Robbo a some serious cash before their contracts are up. My list of players I'd have instead of Robbinson is getting shorter on every appearance he makes.

I think it's unfair to single 1 player out. Only Robinson, Mcburnie and Archer impressed me today. I said this a few seasons ago, but we need to look at offering Mcburnie and Robbo a some serious cash before their contracts are up. My list of players I'd have instead of Robbinson is getting shorter on every appearance he makes.
My view on Bogle is king standing.
But I agree on our 3 best players Robinson was outstanding

Is Roy Castle still alive?

Dedication is what we need unless we want to be record breakers for the wrong kind of reason.

I thought there was a marked improvement in the first half despite the loss. It looked like 4 at the back although we seemed to give Rashford way too much room to invariably get crosses in and Wes seemed glued to the spot for some of their shots.

Second half we let them come at us and gave the ball away so often it seemed like we were playing a system we don't understand with team mates we don't know either.

Anyone else a bit underwhelmed by Man Utd though?

I noticed that after the game ten Hag didn't even shake Hecky's hand, just ignored him. He's a proper arrogant cunt and I hope he gets sacked.

Noticed our players mostly headed for the tunnel at the end rather than come to the fans. I hope that was because they were angry at losing rather than depressed at losing. We need them to have some belief like they showed in the first half.

My view on Bogle is king standing.
But I agree on our 3 best players Robinson was outstanding

Sounds like I keep pulling his todger, but Robinson is by far our best player this season so far, not just because the rest have been bobbar, but because he has been exceptional. I can only imagine the team with him and Mo Besic. Two horrible bastards that fully commit to tackles.

I saw Brewster have a shot on target in the 2nd half🥸
Yeah, have to hold my hands up on that one. It came up as a stat during the Sky coverage but I’ve since seen the BBC stats and we actually had a fair few shots on target.

Sounds like I keep pulling his todger, but Robinson is by far our best player this season so far, not just because the rest have been bobbar, but because he has been exceptional. I can only imagine the team with him and Mo Besic. Two horrible bastards that fully commit to tackles.

I can imagine it - for the one game per season where neither is suspended

Brewster has looked ok when he's come on but my god he needs to press people properly. It frustrates me to see him just stand there 6 foot in front of people.

You probably won't get the ball most of the time but it's not about that as such, it's about pressuring them. They're less likely to do an inch perfect pass if they're pressured.

Brewster has looked ok when he's come on but my god he needs to press people properly. It frustrates me to see him just stand there 6 foot in front of people.

You probably won't get the ball most of the time but it's not about that as such, it's about pressuring them. They're less likely to do an inch perfect pass if they're pressured.
He’s another one, like Larouci, who has no positional sense at all.

In fairness, weren't we dropping off when he came on? So instructions may have been to let the defenders have it?

Just mentioned in SB but I'm very unimpressed (I didn't notice at the time)...

One of my mates just sent me a video of McBurnie penalty. Hardly anyone near us on BLUT celebrated 🙈

Great in the first half/rubbish in the second half. Man Utd were crap and were there for the taking.

Backed Wes to the hilt but losing confidence in him sadly.

Just in last few games just felt he's been a bit flat footed and slow to react.
This is a mad take. The sheer amount of shots hes been facing means it’s inevitable some will go in.

Back
Top Bottom