Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 21st October 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANU
MANU
MANU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1697661040672.png vs. 1697661048774.png

Premier League Matchweek 9 - Saturday 21st October 2023 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.665/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Lee Betts, Dan Cook
Fourth Official: Andy Davies
VAR: John Brooks
Assistant VAR: Akil Howson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 21.30.05.png

Enjoyed last weekend and more than a bit irritated that this one will be ruined by the inconvenience of feeling obliged to attend this on Saturday night.

4 weeks on from the Newcastle disgrace, I feel like I don’t really want to see any of those players again. That surrender was unforgivable. That wasn’t ‘a Sheffield United team’.

Same team set up as Fulham, i.e. 352, we get thumped. 442 or 451, I think we have a chance. Midfield has been a problem since the relegation season. Three man midfield does not and WILL NEVER work with the current squad. Two up front Will never work with a three man midfield with our current squad. Please Paul change the set up. For the love of all things good in this world change. Surely with only 2 fit centre halves we play a back four. I'm ready to be disappointed. Up the Blades, sigh

Bit of a dive into my what happened to the team from our last game against Newton Heath:

this match frightens me, i wasnt worried v man city, because i had confidence in the defence, i was certain we stay up after everton the last home match i was able to attend. but this team is unrecognisable from that game or even 6 months ago with burnley Away, when we great with 10 men & bombardment. in hindsight Newcastle was ok. they put 4 past PSG have very good players,

But being outclassed by fulham just felt like the end, if shouldnt be that easy for them we should be on the same level as them but the L1 team in 2014 put up more of a fight. until we can become more defensively solid this is going to be painful

Would not be surprised to see a back 4 at the weekend. Playing all those who are able to play centre back in the 11 is too much of a risk.

Just think - we are playing Man Utd at Home in the Premier League no one seems that bothered!

You would have believed that!

The 2-1 win in 2021 had totally slipped my memory i couldnt remember anything about it but after viewing highlights it all came back, so if we can beat them with bryan and burke in the side anything can happen tommorrow, starting to believe

From BBC Sport website

Head-to-head
  • Sheffield United are winless in six home matches versus Manchester United in all competitions since a 2-1 victory in the FA Cup fifth round in February 1993.
  • The Blades have won two of the 10 Premier League meetings: 2-1 at home on the opening day of the inaugural 1992-93 season and by the same score at Old Trafford in their most recent encounter in January 2021.
  • Manchester United have scored in 24 successive league and cup games against Sheffield United since a 1-0 top-flight defeat at Bramall Lane 51 years ago
Sheffield United
  • Sheffield United have one point this season, the joint-lowest tally by any Premier League side after eight matches. They could become the first team in English top-flight history to have no more than one point after nine games on two occasions, having started 2020-21 with a draw and eight defeats.
  • The only team to have one point after nine top-flight fixtures and go on to avoid relegation is Leicester City in 1983-84.
  • This is Sheffield United's first match at Bramall Lane since a club record 8-0 defeat against Newcastle United.
  • Paul Heckingbottom's side have conceded two or more goals in each of their past seven league games, shipping 21 in total.
  • They have faced 176 shots in their eight Premier League fixtures this season. The highest tally on record after nine matches is 196 by Hull City in 2016-17.
  • Heckingbottom has lost 14 of his 18 Premier League games in charge, which equates to 78%.

From BBC Sport website

Head-to-head
  • Sheffield United are winless in six home matches versus Manchester United in all competitions since a 2-1 victory in the FA Cup fifth round in February 1993.
  • The Blades have won two of the 10 Premier League meetings: 2-1 at home on the opening day of the inaugural 1992-93 season and by the same score at Old Trafford in their most recent encounter in January 2021.
  • Manchester United have scored in 24 successive league and cup games against Sheffield United since a 1-0 top-flight defeat at Bramall Lane 51 years ago
Sheffield United
  • Sheffield United have one point this season, the joint-lowest tally by any Premier League side after eight matches. They could become the first team in English top-flight history to have no more than one point after nine games on two occasions, having started 2020-21 with a draw and eight defeats.
  • The only team to have one point after nine top-flight fixtures and go on to avoid relegation is Leicester City in 1983-84.
  • This is Sheffield United's first match at Bramall Lane since a club record 8-0 defeat against Newcastle United.
  • Paul Heckingbottom's side have conceded two or more goals in each of their past seven league games, shipping 21 in total.
  • They have faced 176 shots in their eight Premier League fixtures this season. The highest tally on record after nine matches is 196 by Hull City in 2016-17.
  • Heckingbottom has lost 14 of his 18 Premier League games in charge, which equates to 78%.
League head to head

Man U 42 wins
Blades 36 wins

Back
Top Bottom