Match Thread Sheffield United v. Luton Town - 26th December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LUT
LUT
LUT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1703367383893.png vs. 1703367390232.png

Premier League Matchweek 19 - Tuesday 26th December 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-luton-town.675/

Officials:

Referee: Sam Allison
Assistants: James Mainwaring, Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Derek Eaton

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park? -

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 21.35.29.png

They remind me a little bit of the old Bassett team.. unfortunately. This could be a tough afternoon. Hopefully we can catch them at a good moment of their emotional Lockyer rollercoaster.

No this fella Sam Allison is not a Luton Town player he is a totally inexperienced referee for this fire cracker of a game.

1703415439998.jpeg

I don't know why but it's difficult to not feel like there's 3 points coming. Not to say Luton won't be making it difficult and this has potential to be a great game but the lads should definitely be riding fairly high in terms of confidence and they certainly have ability.

I'm also banking on Luton being a bit less disciplined and still feeling a bit full from all the food and booze tomorrow.

Think this one will end up a draw but realistically 1 point isn't going to be enough for us.

A win (and a big win at that) is the only thing that will be of any use

Been looking forward to this match since the full time whistle at Villa. Nervous excitement. A win and strong performance could mean a lot.

Weird isn't it, like the season was done and we know we're down, but there's a growing part of my brain which doesn't realise it.

As some have said were down and so we should be after that start but deep down inside i still believe we can stay up and this game is the start of the magical journey, 2-0 blades

I wonder if CE will put Adam Davies in goal to counter Luton's expected bombardment of crosses, he's not a brilliant shot stopper but better than Wes at dealing with crosses

Already tired of hearing about this ref story in the media,our game is becoming a sideshow to this 'event'.Have a feeling that VAR will want to become part of this story so it's imperative we keep 11 men on the field for 101 minutes,it's going to be highly charged, physical and our friends in the control room are going to be watching everything like hawks,the jostling and holding in the box at dead balls could be under close scrutiny,and I can see lots of lunging tackles going in so plenty of chances that cards and penalties,or not awarded penalties are going to play a part here

Already tired of hearing about this ref story in the media,our game is becoming a sideshow to this 'event'.Have a feeling that VAR will want to become part of this story so it's imperative we keep 11 men on the field for 101 minutes,it's going to be highly charged, physical and our friends in the control room are going to be watching everything like hawks,the jostling and holding in the box at dead balls could be under close scrutiny,and I can see lots of lunging tackles going in so plenty of chances that cards and penalties,or not awarded penalties are going to play a part here
Surprised it's not live on bbc tbh

It’s on BBC Breakfast at moment

Agreed. Our blocking and holding of opposing players at corners and set pieces into our box is mind blowingly stupid. VAR are sure to punish us at some point.

Had to change the order in which I stuck stickers into an album due to superstition. Thank me later.

Back
Top Bottom