Match Thread Sheffield United v. Liverpool - 6th December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LIV
LIV
LIV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1701722958346.png vs. 1701722967703.png

Premier League Matchweek 15 - Wednesday 6th December 2023 - 19:30 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-liverpool.671/

Officials:

Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Simon Long, James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Tony Harrington
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Richard West

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near Bramall Lane? - CLICK HERE for Parking

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 20.46.16.png

Thought he was fantastic tonight but definitely a couple of occasions when he should've taken it on with his left. The 1v1 against Van Dijk and the ball through from McAtee
Has Archer even got a left foot ?

Overall , a big improvement on recent performances but we need to try and keep possession a little more.
Hoping CW can implement a plan of how to progress up the pitch without giving the ball away.
Obviously couldn't expect that to happen straightaway versus a top team.

it was nice to see the old united back

it likely part of the disappointment recent hecky performances, that we knew what these players were capable of. as we seen v everton, man utd 1st half & wolves 2nd half. more of tonight & the improbable might be possible

it was shame with archer at times. as there few parts where he shouldve hit it 1st time. instead of taking a touch & losing the opportunity

1. We were more organised and more communication between players.
2. Brooks looked promising hopefully with more experience from playing he will develop and claim a spot.
3. Hamer is back where he should be playing.
Good to read the game and to get to the breaking ball.
4.A bit better from Souza.
5. McAtee worked hard just needs more match sharpness.
6.Osula worked hard but has a bit to go yet to be a starter.
7. Archer got a lot of ball in the wrong areas he doesn't have the pace to get away clean.
8. Robinson made some great tackles
9. Anel and Trusty okish.
10. The speed of movement from Liverpool and the weight of some of the passes was really impressive. Its an area to work on for us.
12. If we are to have a chance to be competitive in PL. We need 2 signings in Jan. A big strong centre forward like Beto who Everton picked up. A bit of size and maturity will help hold up the ball and win some hoofs. The second signing is someone up front who has pace. We will getaway with everyone else in games where we don't have much possession. But it you want to grab a draw or sneak a win those to types are vital. Archer is a great finisher but can't run from the halfway line and get a shot away. Osula in time can be the physical one

Overall, an enjoyable game with plenty of tension. That ref.. . .. ......... hopeless

anyone on the kop, why was the young kid being held by 2 stewards at the end, near the disabled exit

He ran on the pitch at the end. He came on from the Kop. When they brought him back to the Kop, the stewards seemed to be dealing with him in a reasonable manner (kid gloves?), but then he seemed to be arguing with them. All I could think was, "Young 'un, keep your gob shut and you'll get away with just a clip round the ear."

There was also the bloke on the Kop who seemed to think it was a good idea to let his 9-year-old unfurl his Liverpool scarf at the end. We know he was nine because his dad kept telling everybody. Mate, nobody was calling your kid a knobhead, they were calling you a knobhead.

Well called out - that’s outrageous and shameful as far as I’m concerned- it happened in our city ffs - I know people there on that day working at the ground - never been to a football ground again since that day.
It looked like he was confronted by stewards shortly after. Not sure if it was for that or something else. They left after a few minutes.

He only had eyes for the away end, stood up on his own baiting them even when everyone around him was sat down and nothing was happening. Proper sad sack behaviour

Much better against a pacy Liverpool team who give you no time on the ball. My only grumble is that we dawdled on the ball in front of goal.

I wish the match officials an unsafe journey back on the Liverpool team coach.

He ran on the pitch at the end. He came on from the Kop. When they brought him back to the Kop, the stewards seemed to be dealing with him in a reasonable manner (kid gloves?), but then he seemed to be arguing with them. All I could think was, "Young 'un, keep your gob shut and you'll get away with just a clip round the ear."

There was also the bloke on the Kop who seemed to think it was a good idea to let his 9-year-old unfurl his Liverpool scarf at the end. We know he was nine because his dad kept telling everybody. Mate, nobody was calling your kid a knobhead, they were calling you a knobhead.
that makes but rules are rules. you cannot enter the pitch regardless of age, is adults a 3yr ban or was it increased after forest fiasco. not sure about youths. but its happening to often running to get selfies. & rightly its not safe

& that guy with the scarf, i dont understand the sense, because like the norwich fans that got knocked out. if you start pushing your luck. there is 6,000-7,000 people on the kop. it only takes you to pick on the wrong 1 & youve got no one to blame

It looked like he was confronted by stewards shortly after. Not sure if it was for that or something else. They left after a few minutes.

He only had eyes for the away end, stood up on his own baiting them even when everyone around him was sat down and nothing was happening. Proper sad sack behaviour
He is on our row, they came on and spoke to him, left him in place then took him away at full time.

I didn't hear it, but someone said he was shouting "murderers" to them.

By the way I presume it will be all quiet on the media front about the clear foul on Bogle for the second goal? There will be no post mortem, no cries for changes to VAR, no apologies from PGMOL, it’s just another little club who they will be glad to see the back of. Oh, and Steve McManaman and Klopp cleared it up after the game, nothing to see just another great win for the mighty Redmen.

Subs were a step backwards!

Traore would really benefit for a loan to league 1 and play every week to better learn game management
Tired legs, and CW wants to see what he's got .
I think Traorw did ok. He pressed them pretty well, and broke up their build up from the back. He's got to come some way, but let's see.

Actually enjoyed the game for a change. Which I haven't said many times over last 12 months, it's so different to watch when the players actually put some proper effort in
Said the same to a mate for the first time this season

Watched from home as I've got another bout of fucking Covid.

I was far from in favour of bringing CW back, and I'm cautious that there'd have been a bit of a "new manager effect" whoever it was, but....that was chalk and cheese from the last few performances. Thought we acquitted ourselves well against a team that are on another planet to us in terms of resources and available talent. It is enormous credit to the management team and the players that we can even discuss the possibility that we were "robbed" by some somewhat dodgy officiating.

Against all but probably 6 teams in this league, we get something last night. Their defence are just monstrous. Archer is quick, but Gomez effortlessly caught up to him, leading to a bit of a fluffed pass to McAtee, whereas a slower defence would have given Archer more time to pick a better pass. VVD is a prick, and a bully, but he is also an absolute man-mountain, and an accomplished and world-class defender, who showed Archer out wide, then stepped in at exactly the right moment to block the shot.

In a way, it's almost a shame that CW came in in time for that game, and starts with (albeit an encouraging) defeat. If we can recreate that on Saturday, we might well get 3 precious points.

Well played Blades, and well done Chris Wilder for a team selection that was brave on paper, but worked really, really well. It's insane to say given we're on 5 points in December, but on the strength of that, and given how utterly shite the bottom end of the league is this season, if he can galvanise them and keep up that level of performance, while hopefully adding a bit more bite up front, we might actually have a chance.

Watched from home as I've got another bout of fucking Covid.

I was far from in favour of bringing CW back, and I'm cautious that there'd have been a bit of a "new manager effect" whoever it was, but....that was chalk and cheese from the last few performances. Thought we acquitted ourselves well against a team that are on another planet to us in terms of resources and available talent. It is enormous credit to the management team and the players that we can even discuss the possibility that we were "robbed" by some somewhat dodgy officiating.

Against all but probably 6 teams in this league, we get something last night. Their defence are just monstrous. Archer is quick, but Gomez effortlessly caught up to him, leading to a bit of a fluffed pass to McAtee, whereas a slower defence would have given Archer more time to pick a better pass. VVD is a prick, and a bully, but he is also an absolute man-mountain, and an accomplished and world-class defender, who showed Archer out wide, then stepped in at exactly the right moment to block the shot.

In a way, it's almost a shame that CW came in in time for that game, and starts with (albeit an encouraging) defeat. If we can recreate that on Saturday, we might well get 3 precious points.

Well played Blades, and well done Chris Wilder for a team selection that was brave on paper, but worked really, really well. It's insane to say given we're on 5 points in December, but on the strength of that, and given how utterly shite the bottom end of the league is this season, if he can galvanise them and keep up that level of performance, while hopefully adding a bit more bite up front, we might actually have a chance.
Enjoyed it tbh, came out saying as much to a mate, this was Liverpool don't forget. Hope you go on ok mate🤞

Back
Top Bottom