Match Thread Sheffield United v. Liverpool - 28th Sept 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LIV
LIV
LIV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1569585379131.png v. 1569585388008.png

EPL Week 7 - Saturday 28th September 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-liverpool.471/

Officials:

Referee:
Anthony Taylor
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Oliver Langford
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 12.53.38.png

Fucking incredible performance! We just need to learn how to clear the ball properly so it doesn’t set the oppo up for volleys 😂

Egan Fleck Norwood McBurnie fuck it everyone was class but Stevens is a world class left back. 😍

Hilarious to watch the European Champions resorting to time wasting against us.

Fantastic effort, we matched them nearly all game, created chances but couldn't find a finish.

Cruel way for us to lose, by a wet ball going through the keepers hands (and legs!), and a shocking miss for Leon, in front of goal.

A point from that game would have been justified.

Can't fault us. Outstanding performance, bit of a howler for the goal, but shit happens! Roll on next week I say.

we knew coming into today. we got play well, get some luck, hope Liverpool are on an off day. we knew that 99 out of 100 we lose as they havent dropped a point for 6 months. i thought it was fantastic game. surpassed all expectations i had, even though we lost around 55mins i cant tell you the last time i was enjoying a game as much that. going toe to toe with such world class opposition. with fantastic atmosphere

i thought we were great ok we needed ride our luck from a few mistakes that let mane in & great save 1 on 1 from salah. but the fact that best team in europe were never comfortable all game. & klopp thought what media talk about best front 3 in the world Mane Salah Firmino wasnt enough, that he needed to bring on 4th striker in origi.

in a way im disappointed because we had the chances to win fleck shouldve hit it instead of turning inside & ref hadnt given that ludicrous red card sharp wouldve buried that chance clarke had. i dont blame Henderson kept us in the game so many times today & season. with the amount of rain that fell im surprised that was the only handling mistake

Jurgen klopp in his post match interview when asked about Sheffield United said that liverpool will play here next season, and quite frankly that is all this season is about. If we play consistently like we did today klopp will be right and we'll give it another go next season

Went with a mate that’s a Liverpool fan, and dissected the game afterwards back to London. Don’t think he’d seen much of us before, but fwiw his views: their toughest game so far this season, thought while VVD was decent McBurnie was a menace, and felt that Fleck was superb – amazed he’s not in the Scotland squad based on today.

I was going to say something similar. I bet that’s the toughest match Liverpool have had so far.

I just hope that puts enormous confidence into our team because if we play to that standard every week then top 6 is a reality - never mind staying up.

An absolute credit to our club those lads were today.

And the following from the BBC website report sums it up perfectly:

And although they were cruelly denied a deserved point for their efforts in this match, there's much to hearten the Blades. The legacy of this performance should be that lazy stereotyping of Sheffield United as being tactically basic from some pundits must end”.

Well, I stayed in the pub all match and had sunk 3 pints of Theakston's before half time, it was all right.

Really like this post. How come you support the Blades then mate? Of all the teams in England that a bloke growing up in a small Polish village could choose...why us? I can understand why someone in that situation may choose to support one of England's top 6 clubs, but Sheffield United? m fascinated to know why?
I started following SUFC just after the first Polish TV emission of "When Saturday comes". But up to 06/07 season, I checked the results only. 2006/07 it was the first time I have seen the Blades on TV (in Poland on C+). Heroic play, some superb wins and fatal last loss against Wigan... After that SUFC became my second football love (the first one is Górnik Wałbrzych - Polish sports club - that one, we call "from the cradle to the grave"). I love English football and I'm very glad about seeing the Blades in the best league around the world.

I started following SUFC just after the first Polish TV emission of "When Saturday comes". But up to 06/07 season, I checked the results only. 2006/07 it was the first time I have seen the Blades on TV (in Poland on C+). Heroic play, some superb wins and fatal last loss against Wigan... After that SUFC became my second football love (the first one is Górnik Wałbrzych - Polish sports club - that one, we call "from the cradle to the grave"). I love English football and I'm very glad about seeing the Blades in the best league around the world.

Fascinating!

Reight! ! I’m going to start supporting Górnik Wałbrzych as my second team from now on.

(How do you pronounce it btw? Just need to know for when I break into a chant). 😲

Fascinating!

Reight! ! I’m going to start supporting Górnik Wałbrzych as my second team from now on.

(How do you pronounce it btw? Just need to know for when I break into a chant). 😲
Ha, ha. Super. I have to notice that after three bankruptcies, Górnik Wałbrzych is playing now in 7th level in the Polish league :(. Below is the link. To hear the pronunciation, please click on the symbol of the microphone (?). That one in the left bottom corner.
UTB!

Ha, ha. Super. I have to notice that after three bankruptcies, Górnik Wałbrzych is playing now in 7th level in the Polish league :(. Below is the link. To hear the pronunciation, please click on the symbol of the microphone (?). That one in the left bottom corner.
UTB!

I had a listen to that. Think I’ll just call them “Gornik” as the other bit is a bit hard to pronounce. I think if I had a mouthful of duck and cherries and was drinking Spirytus Rektyfikowany I could manage it maybe?

Funny language Polish I reckon. No disrespect intended. But you don’t seem to pronounce the letters the same as us see? There’s your problem. 😯. When I was looking to take the train from Warsaw to Łódź I had a hell of a job. Until someone told me Łódź is pronounced “Wudge”!

I love your taste in football. But I can't understand your taste in films. ;)

UTB!
I am sure there was a Gornik that played Man Utd during their successful European Cup campaign in 1968. Is this the same team?

I had a listen to that. Think I’ll just call them “Gornik” as the other bit is a bit hard to pronounce. I think if I had a mouthful of duck and cherries and was drinking Spirytus Rektyfikowany I could manage it maybe?

Funny language Polish I reckon. No disrespect intended. But you don’t seem to pronounce the letters the same as us see? There’s your problem. 😯. When I was looking to take the train from Warsaw to Łódź I had a hell of a job. Until someone told me Łódź is pronounced “Wudge”!
1. "Gornik" is OK. I'm sure that after one glass of 96% spirytus you can manage even sentence: "w Szczebrzeszynie chrząsz brzmi w trzcinie"
2. Of course, the pronunciation of the letters isn't the same. Besides in my native language, there are a bunch of letters which are dedicated to Polish only (like "ź","ż", "ę", "ą", "ó", "dź", "dż", "ł". Yeah, in Łódź, there are Polish letters only. A lot of people find Polish as one of the hardest languages to learn.

1. "Gornik" is OK. I'm sure that after one glass of 96% spirytus you can manage even sentence: "w Szczebrzeszynie chrząsz brzmi w trzcinie"
2. Of course, the pronunciation of the letters isn't the same. Besides in my native language, there are a bunch of letters which are dedicated to Polish only (like "ź","ż", "ę", "ą", "ó", "dź", "dż", "ł". Yeah, in Łódź, there are Polish letters only. A lot of people find Polish as one of the hardest languages to learn.

Been trying but its all Polish to me. 😁

Back
Top Bottom