Match Thread Sheffield United v. Leeds United - 27th September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEEDS
LEEDS
LEEDS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1601033343834.png v. 1601033353824.png
EPL Week 3 - Sunday 27th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leeds-united.511/

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.28.28.png

The anger and frustration of this season just gets worse. Need to try something different, this no scoring business is getting embarrassing.

Time for the board to get Wilder those 2 strikers we need.
If not then we're in for a long season.

Striker and RCM. If Berge is going to play through the middle then Lunny needs to be relegated to second choice RCM. Wonder if Liverpool have anyone they’d throw in on loan if the Brewster deal ever goes through.

It's alright, we'll pick up the points at Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea in the next 5!

Didn't deserve to lose that at all, but we're screaming out for quality at the top of the pitch

Berge and Baldock linked up well going forward I thought today, I'd take Sturridge right now tbh

WE NEED STRIKERS.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We played well in the most part today, without a proper striker though we are gonna struggle all season.

It will really hurt if we throw away all the good work from last season, kinda feels like its heading that way.

Relegation fodder absolute dross, can't score cant create wont win games simple.

We'll be fine, some really nice play. Like the balance of Ozzy, Sander and Lunny. Burke looks intelligent 70% of the time and excellent pressing again. That Leeds goal came from tiredness. Remember, we will sort it out up front and then we're laughing.

Just relax 😁

We should've won the game. Missed massive chances and their keeper played a blinder.

Leeds being top 6 and us dead bottom is not fun

McBurnie did well when he came on, Berge suited that role more than his previous. If we end up getting a striker he'll have a lot of pressure to score our first goal ffs.

Unfortunately the loss of JOC will be immense. We lacked aerial prowess at the back today on a number of occasions and the goal showed why we need to bring in a replacement on loan. Other than that I actually thought going forward we looked much better but we do need to get a forward in. We lost momentum dare I say it when Lundstram went off. We didn't deserve to lose to-day and it could have gone either way but thats what happens when you're down at the bottom.

Since when did we revert to a side that just whacks it forward? After posting for others to remain calm, I must admit I’m getting concerned now

You know something, I'm sick fucking fed up of the wank reffing in games, virtually every 50 50 was given Leeds way, looked a blatant foul to start the build up to their goal and the ref just let's it go.

We need to catch a bit of fucking luck, played very well all things considered, created plenty of chances and their keeper has had a worldy.

Still making little mistakes, but without getting any decisions, players getting cards for winning the ball, we can't seem to build any momentum. I don't worry, still early, but we need to find more attacking threat and fast, we show we can play fast and dangerous, we just can't seem to string it together for a variety of reasons.

I'm fucking pissed off losing, trying to take the positives and know that Wilder will get it sorted, we need a bit of luck to go our way instead of getting fucked over with shitty decisions, just fucking hate losing, especially when i think we should have had a foul.

Since when did we revert to a side that just whacks it forward? After posting for others to remain calm, I must admit I’m getting concerned now

For the 25 mins that we played it out from the back we were the better team and looked dangerous. When we went long they were better and controlled possession.

We can play football so why don’t we?!

Look what happens when you actually get a half decent early cross in.

Will a new striker fix the issue that all the chances are falling to midfielders and defenders. Non strikers get a lot of chances in the way that we play and they have to take responsibility to score like they did last season.

Should have had 3 goals today

I must say there was a lot to be encouraged by in that performance. A lot of really good performances across the pitch.

i think we are a little unlucky to go away with no points as we matched leeds and had a few spells where we took the game to them but thats football. Overall there wasnt much in it apart from the quality at the top end of the pitch.

We are looking more like ourselves on the ball and in possession which was one thing that concerned me from our other games. our ability to play through the middle a bit more today was the difference. Like others have said Berge was immense today but he ran out of steam at the end and should of closed the ball down in the build up play that lead to the goal.

Once we get a couple of goals under our belt things will change. If its arsenal next then in ways i think that could be an easier game than leeds.

UTB

Last edited:
Trying to be rational. We bottled 3 games (Villa, Man Utd, Newcastle) post lockdown without scoring a goal & without JOC and we were fine in the end. Let’s hope this is just a similar blip & we pick up asap. Much better performance today just lacking confidence and/or ability around the box

We had the chances to win it but couldn't take them.

Leeds fully deserved the 3 points.

Back
Top Bottom