Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 26th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1608931475843.png v. 1608931485175.png
EPL Week 15 - Saturday 26th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-everton.523/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 21.26.51.png

MATCH PREVIEW VIDEO:

This video includes: - Brighton de-brief - Team News - Score Predictions - Memorable Matches - Player Connections

Blades 2 - 0 Everton

Burke to score one, and to earn a penalty which Osborn smashes home.

So after encouraging signs in the last couple of games can we finally chalk up our first win, which would actually start to make the table look a little more respectable. Obviously however any team that was sat on 5 points (if only) after the boxing day games would pretty much look like a write off for the season... We'll see..

Anyway..

Any team news? :)

McBurnie back?

Lundstram 3 match ban?

Berge out for 4 months...

JOC out for the season..

I'd like to say go with the same team that started v Brighton but Lundstram has put paid to that. So who takes up that role? Barsham perhaps? I can see Jagielka getting a game today lol.

Anyway whoever pulls on the shirt I hope we can get the result today. 3 nil Blades win. With Burke and Brewster scoring. OR 4 nil home defeat with DCL getting another hattrick. Richarlison may be missing for them. Do your own research as to how good that may be for us.... :)

UTB

So after encouraging signs in the last couple of games can we finally chalk up our first win, which would actually start to make the table look a little more respectable. Obviously however any team that was sat on 5 points (if only) after the boxing day games would pretty much look like a write off for the season... We'll see..

Anyway..

McBurnie back?

Lundstram 3 match ban?

JOC out for the season..

I'd like to say go with the same team that started v Brighton but Lundstram has put paid to that. So who takes up that role? Barsham perhaps? I can see Jagielka getting a game today lol.

Anyway whoever pulls on the shirt I hope we can get the result today. 3 nil Blades win. With Burke and Brewster scoring. OR 4 nil home defeat with DCL getting another hattrick. Richarlison may be missing for them. Do your own research as to how good that may be for us.... :)

UTB
If Brighton Fulham and West Brom lose (all have tough matches) and we win, then we're right in the mix again and the players will hopefully start to believe an escape may just be possible.

We will lose 0-3.. our lack of not scoring coupled with their good attack will be too much.

Ramsdale
Baldock
Basham
Egan
Robinson
Stevens
Ampadu
Fleck
Norwood
Didzy
Burke

Same old same old....

no change in formation no change in tactics and a severe lack of pace.

it will be a gutsy, battling performance but lacking quality.

We will lose 0-3.. our lack of not scoring coupled with their good attack will be too much.

Ramsdale
Baldock
Basham
Egan
Robinson
Stevens
Ampadu
Fleck
Norwood
Didzy
Burke

Same old same old....

no change in formation no change in tactics and a severe lack of pace.

it will be a gutsy, battling performance but lacking quality.
None of this ^^^^ today Jan!
Let’s get those positive vibes out there!!... Today’s ‘this teams’ 3-2 Forest win! UTB

Love Boxing days games would have been a reyt atmosphere today if we had fans in especially after a day on the ale.

Remember the 3-1 win over Derby 18/19 season, amazing atmosphere and really turned our season.

We went on to win the next 3 games and only lost another 2 all season from there, something we need to replicate this season starting today.

I’m going for a 3-1 blades win.

50 years to the day since my first game.

Can still remember going through the gate on Bramall Lane on my Dad's shoulders and ascending the steps to the BLUT. Then squeezing together in between my Dad, Granddad and brother on their 3 three season ticketed seats. Nothing so fancy as a ticket required for a 5 year old back then it would appear !

We beat a team in solid blue (Foxes) that day 2-1. Could be an omen for today?

2-1 is 14/1 with B365. Not overly generous odds , but I'll have a quid on and a quick chat upstairs with Dad and Grandad to see if they'll have a word.

Merry Christmas and UTB.

They're without Rodriguez, Allan and presumably Richarlison (surely concussion protocol).

Prays Come on you Blades

If Brighton Fulham and West Brom lose (all have tough matches) and we win, then we're right in the mix again and the players will hopefully start to believe an escape may just be possible.
Agree, we have Burnley Palace & Newcastle next a win today and we go into those games with so much more confidence & belief.

Also have to put Arsenal in that mix too. Have a very tough game v Chelsea.

Agree, we have Burnley Palace & Newcastle next a win today and we go into those games with so much more confidence & belief.

Also have to put Arsenal in that mix too. Have a very tough game v Chelsea.
This is what made last week so devastating, we could have been going into today knowing a win and we'd be back in it. Oh well hopefully get it today. Great having to wait till 8pm for kick off on boxing day game 🤥

Play mcgoldrick no10 behind brewster burke
We know what those 3 offer offensively but defensively, Brewster works hard and tracks back, Burke presses like a wildman and although Dids can lose the ball in dangerous areas he does press and win the ball back quite often.

I'm all for it, especially with our midfield looking so threadbare

After drinking heavily yesterday and getting an early start in today, I would be the bloke behind you with a huge grin on his face from merriment, that suddenly turns to deranged psychopath after greasy chip Butty to shout “come on you fucking blades smash the second rate scouse wankers” Roll on kick off I can’t wait.

So after encouraging signs in the last couple of games can we finally chalk up our first win, which would actually start to make the table look a little more respectable. Obviously however any team that was sat on 5 points (if only) after the boxing day games would pretty much look like a write off for

Anyway..

McBurnie back?

Lundstram 3 match ban?

JOC out for the season..

UTB

Oh I say Barsham sounds very posh 😜

I’m glad it’s on BT Sport as I ain’t got that channel.
We play same old tactics 0-2 defeat
We play 4-3-1-2- we win 2-1
We play 4-4-2 we win 3-2

Just need to remember that if they win they go 2nd.

I’m glad it’s on BT Sport as I ain’t got that channel.
We play same old tactics 0-2 defeat
We play 4-3-1-2- we win 2-1
We play 4-4-2 we win 3-2

Just need to remember that if they win they go 2nd.

Well, if you fancy finding a dodgy stream you can still watch and be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom