Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 26th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1608931475843.png v. 1608931485175.png
EPL Week 15 - Saturday 26th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-everton.523/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 21.26.51.png

We are so lack-lustre these days, whats happened to our intensity of last season.

Burke isn't right for sure, he needs to come off at half time, we've got 3 strikers on the bench

We just aren't very good. Simple 2, 3, 4 pass moves break down due to poor control or misplaced passes. The technical ability of our players isn't up to PL standards.

I thought we looked much better than usual there, was that a foul on Burke?

Horrendous conditions. Matching Everton but lacking quality in the final third. Need to get it forward quicker and hold it up. We look weak in the centre. Iwoba strolled through us.

I feel ( or fear) Wilders hand will be on the McBurnie trigger, but, yes please, if Burke needs to come off, I really hope he goes for the Moose. Everton have been surprisingly deep, but they will want to push on second half and we need to have that pace in behind available.
Moose on for Burke at half time please Chris

Can’t work out if it’s his positioning or the service?
Probably both, but he never seems to be in dangerous positions. I’m not knocking the lad but he’s not offering too much. He’s got a good eye for a pass though I’ll give him that

I thought he looked better. Competing more.
Agree but he is still the least of our attackers, I'd replace him with Mousset (who should've been on from the start or dare I say it McBurnie, I'm no fan but he offers more than Brewster right now.

Commentator says Baldock has been a stand out performer this season... er?
Positives - Basham as always, glad Osborne’s playing at least he looks up for it, McGoldrick trying his best to link up play...

Bit scrappy, but tried to play through the press rather than going long, and their pressing is making it difficult.. Not much service for the front lads though.

Look up that word, there is a massive difference between a confident keeper who makes mistakes and one who is frightened.
He's frightened/ not confident... not bothered which word you prefer but it is leading to constant bad decision making.

Hate to say it, but I’m not sure what Brewster offers at the moment. Positionally, he’s quite poor.
He lacks any purpose, floats around quite a lot. Does a few neat give and goes and the occasional through ball but not what why we have him in the team. Im sure we have bought him for his shooting ability nothing else so wilder needs to tell him to crack shots out on sight and stop trying to be some hybrid link man, we have didzy for that.

He lacks any purpose, floats around quite a lot. Does a few neat give and goes and the occasional through ball but not what why we have him in the team. Im sure we have bought him for his shooting ability nothing else so wilder needs to tell him to crack shots out on sight and stop trying to be some hybrid link man, we have didzy for that.
I wonder if it’s a confidence thing, coming deep rather than being in a position to miss a chance. Hopefully a goal skyrockets the lad

Back
Top Bottom