Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 26th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1608931475843.png v. 1608931485175.png
EPL Week 15 - Saturday 26th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-everton.523/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 21.26.51.png

Who was the last successful permanent signing we have actually made? Probably John Egan. Cant think of any other that's come in and increased their value.

Logging off - from everything. Hearing so much vitriol and I think a moment of reflection is needed before making rash decisions for fans and anyone else for that matter. Come back in the morning with a fresh head.

First half we ran around a lot and made a nuisance of ourselves.

Normally after establishing a solid foothold in the game you change tactics and personnel to grab a goal.

We stuck Didzy out on the wing and went 442 - mistake 1

Then put Mcburnie on which slowed down the frontline - mistake 2

Then put Norwood on which basically gave us 11 static players - mistake 3

Result = 1-0 loss.

Let's admit it we just aren't good enough.

Oh and we love passing backwards when in positive situations

McBurnie showed his class again. Two massive chances in the box - both off target - check. Horrendous embarrassing dives - check. Can't hold the ball up - check. Can't play a through ball - check. Looks like he is running in tar - check.

Has there ever been a worse trio of big money signings as McBurnie, Brewster and Ramsdale?

Can somebody please also explain to me how Bogle doesn't make it on to the pitch today yet Norwood is given chance after chance to show us just how shite he has become.

The worst thing for me tonight was that they look like they’ve never played together ....but at just 1-0 we’ll just paper over the cracks say we were unlucky and play the we’re up against world class quality card, when in reality a depleted Everton were there for the taking tonight

Nowhere near good enough for this level.

It's disappointing after our fantastic season last time but whatever your thoughts or agenda we're clearly not fit for this level.

We need to reset and Wilder and the Prince need to look at what we need to do to challenge next season.

Thought we were just getting more control of the game, more possession and then they get the goal, but we didn't create enough, to many bad touches when in good positions..frustrating.

Brewster for God sake! And he will be in the team next week 😡

That was disgusting. We can't even pass 5 yards to a team-mate.
From start to finish. These players are humiliating our club.
Apart from Egan, Basham, Didsy, and Baldock, every one of them can fuck off for nothing.
Wilder may be sacked, and you could argue that he might deserve it, but no one could work with stupid, mindless, talentless, brainless shit like McBurnie, Brewster, Stevens, Norwood, and Burke. Osborn, Ampadu, and Ramsdale..useless, one and all.
Everton were dreadful. The worst team we've played this season, and they were still comfortably better than us.
I'm sure it'll be the weather conditions that are to blame tonight.
UTB

IMO last season's success is what's costing is this season. Yes we've spent a fair amount of money but all players are on average wages.

We got beaten to Watkins because we though we'd be "ok" with what we have. We didn't build on last year that's clear for all to see.

Now got Billy’s wife tweeting

Attachments

• 681EA4C1-85FE-43F7-BFA1-EBCAC4C018E0.png
    681EA4C1-85FE-43F7-BFA1-EBCAC4C018E0.png
    886.3 KB · Views: 96
When Egan got fouled by Calvert-Lewin watch where Egan heads the ball. It went straight to Brewster unmarked in front of goal. Why didnt the referee not allow advantage ? Thought some of the ref decisions were rubbish.

The thing is, Wilder spunking £130 million on utter crap that no one else will now buy, will put our club back ten years. Would you honestly keep any of his signings? I wouldn’t. I’d rather give the youth players a go now. Eager to prove a point. I’m also starting to get fucked off with the gravy train now. Sharp, Jagielka, Rodwell given new deals? It’s a fucking joke, no wonder there’s rumours of up and coming players being fucked off watching players slower than a snail on ketamine being given lucrative deals. Starting to remind me of the mid eighties side with old farts looking to us for a last big pay day because of the soft cunts in charge of the club.

Their goal - watch McBurnie it was his man.

Regan Slaters tweet 🙈

know he’s out on loan. But seems like tweets like this show a fractured squad/harmony
I agree with him some of the fan base has become toxic and embarrassingly fickle. Normally we’d have the sanity of mates on match days who’ve been through thick and thin with you and the away day blades who you bump into from time to time whatever league we’re in to keep you sane. Now we just have fickle fuckers behind their keyboards.

Been saying this for a while. The team that finished the Sept 17 derby is much better than this one.

I share the same opinion fellow blade. When we got promoted the plan was to play really well one way and sign players for that system, even getting rid of players that didn’t fit in “the system“. Our short sightedness has created a problem in which “the system“ cannot be changed to a huge extent and that injuries to players who play well in unique roles have no premier league level backup. Leaving us unable to adapt or be flexible.

The league one side could play in all sorts of ways and did. I know the mentality of teams we faced was different back then but at least we had options. He can’t make the excuse of not having money, or that the players he personally requests aren’t good enough, he’s requested them. That Everton on paper side containEd only 1 of their 4 star players, a 19 year old kid, a defender from a side that was relegated last season and player in sigurrdson who was deemed surplus to requirements 3 months ago.

That was disgusting. We can't even pass 5 yards to a team-mate.
From start to finish. These players are humiliating our club.
Apart from Egan, Basham, Didsy, and Baldock, every one of them can fuck off for nothing.
Wilder may be sacked, and you could argue that he might deserve it, but no one could work with stupid, mindless, talentless, brainless shit like McBurnie, Brewster, Stevens, Norwood, and Burke. Osborn, Ampadu, and Ramsdale..useless, one and all.
Everton were dreadful. The worst team we've played this season, and they were still comfortably better than us.
I'm sure it'll be the weather conditions that are to blame tonight.
UTB

Fred, you're missing the point, Wilder signed all those players you lambasted. He's the one who's culpable and he's the one who should go.

When Egan got fouled by Calvert-Lewin watch where Egan heads the ball. It went straight to Brewster unmarked in front of goal. Why didnt the referee not allow advantage ? Thought some of the ref decisions were rubbish.
Yes you are right but you are catching at straws, that performance wash shockingly embarrassing! When you buy players like Brewster for 22 mil then you know that your recruitment team are not up to Speck! We needed goal scorers and we got Brewster! It’s not rocket science😡

1st half was alright we were matching everton. but 2nd half was a tough watch is very worrying to not even have a shot on target & didnt get in the box for 30 mins

recently we are good going forward terrible defensively. or solid defensively but with zero creativity. not for the 1st time ive said i dont know where we go from here. but thats why wilder paid big bucks

Fred, you're missing the point, Wilder signed all those players you lambasted. He's the one who's culpable and he's the one who should go.
I don't think I'm missing the point at all, mate.
Yes, CW has signed them, but do you really think McBurnie, Norwood, Lundstram, Stevens, Fleck, etc. are even trying 25% as hard, or giving even 25% of the commitment they showed last season? That reflects on the rest of the squad and the new players coming in.
They are cheating our club and us, and I'm absolutely sick of it. They have had the plaudits. They have signed their improved contracts.
I'm not saying Wilder is not at all to blame but the players are just humiliating us.
UTB

Yes you are right but you are catching at straws, that performance wash shockingly embarrassing! When you buy players like Brewster for 22 mil then you know that your recruitment team are not up to Speck! We needed goal scorers and we got Brewster! It’s not rocket science😡

No I wasnt catching any straws I was trying to show that when you are in a bad situation it doesnt help when you get these kind of decisions not going for you. Its kicking you when you are down especially when its on a wash performance with ten minutes to go you get rinsed by Everton it sends your world into a full spin cycle.

Weather was horrendous first half. We competed with Everton in a fairly dire and poor game. Second half we again competed by as the game got stretched they looked the better team. We lack so much quality in the final third. We also lack a captain. No one is talking on the pitch. Someone needs to be vocal and pull these players together. No one is. It's deathly quiet apart from complaining.

Everton were without 3 key players and played pretty badly and yet we looked second best for the most part. I thought this would be the game. But no.

Ramsdale - 5.5 - Tough conditions for a keeper. Dropped a dolly first half and lucky to get away with it. Also spilled a fairly tame shot in the second. made a couple of other good claims and held a couple of decent efforts. Distribution was mixed.
Stevens - 6 - Kept getting forward but distribution was poor. I think he's been better the last couple of games and is getting forward to support attacks well. He's far too keen to turn sideways or backwards though.
Robinson - 5 - Looked out of his depth again. Always a bit too slow in everything he does. Not disastrous by any means but not good enough.
Egan - 8 - Absolute rock. He was been for a few games. Always in the right place to make a crucial tackle or interception. We'd be absolute toast without him.
Basham - 5.5 - Quiet game and looked a little jaded and uncertain on the ball
Baldock - 5 - Poor game by his standards. Looked second best for large parts of the game. He now seem to charge forward and then stop turn round and pass it backwards.
Osborn - 6 - Covered a lot of ground and got up and down the pitch. Lost a fair few battles but kept going
Ampadu - 7 - Our best midfielder. He's raw and makes too many mistakes. Also gets pushed off the ball too easily but he was box to box today and often the player trying to drive us forward. Looked good in that position.
McGoldrick - 5.5 - Not his best game. Ran through (offside) and should have finished. Nothing much working for him today.
Burke - 5.5 - Looked hampered from the off and not his usual full energy self. Did well and then failed to hit the target from a narrow angle but seemed a pace off the ball all night
Brewster - 5.5 - Better from him. Much better at closing down but he seems much slower than he was last season. Too slow to control, track, tackle, make a run. It's strange.

Subs

Norwood - 3 - He gets two points for better set pieces but his first contribution was to be so slow into a challenge to stupidly give them a free kick. Then he took a yellow card because literally anyone can run past him. Then he did very little other than let their players run round him. This isn't American football. We need an actual midfielder, not a kicker
McBurnie - 4 - Lost every challenge. Every header. Looked off the pace. Did nothing right whatsoever.
Moussett - 4 - Looked shattered after 15 minutes. Slow to act. Ball bounced off him. Did everything wrong. poor.

Wilder - 4 - Putting Osborn in for Fleck worked. Tried something slightly different which didn't really work. We were toothless going forward and not strong enough at the back. All 3 subs were dire. Each time we brought one on we became worse. He just seems to be doing a slight variation on the same theme every single game with largely similar results.

Burnley up next, 75/76 after a terrible start, our first win was v Burnley.. Mind you, it didn't stop us going down.

Back
Top Bottom