Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 26th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1608931475843.png v. 1608931485175.png
EPL Week 15 - Saturday 26th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-everton.523/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 21.26.51.png

I don't think I'm missing the point at all, mate.
Yes, CW has signed them, but do you really think McBurnie, Norwood, Lundstram, Stevens, Fleck, etc. are even trying 25% as hard, or giving even 25% of the commitment they showed last season? That reflects on the rest of the squad and the new players coming in.
They are cheating our club and us, and I'm absolutely sick of it. They have had the plaudits. They have signed their improved contracts.
I'm not saying Wilder is not at all to blame but the players are just humiliating us.
UTB

All fair points Fred

CW says we were in the game and deserved a result. No shots on goal Chris! Obviously Chris thinks these players are good enough! BT say Brewster lack of effort! Says it all

That's poor tonight ,no dressing up needed . unfortunately our structure has gone ,not sure what's happened to half the team

Everton were dreadful. The worst team we've played this season, and they were still comfortably better than us.
I'm sure it'll be the weather conditions that are to blame tonight.
UTB
Is this the same Everton that have just gone second in the hardest league in world football, having just beaten Arsenal, Leicester & Chelsea, before "tonking" us 1 0? 🤔

Is this the same Everton that have just gone second in the hardest league in world football, having just beaten Arsenal, Leicestet & Chelsea, before "tonking" us 1 0? 🤔
Yes, that's right. The Everton that is flying high and having a great season.

But do you really disagree with my statement that "they were the worst team we've played this season" based on tonight's performance? They were shit.
I never said they were 'the worst team in the league this season'. That would be stupid and not true. They are obviously a very good side. Just not tonight.

Sorry if that simple statement (or 'opinion') confused you.

UTB

Last edited:
The thing is, Wilder spunking £130 million on utter crap that no one else will now buy, will put our club back ten years. Would you honestly keep any of his signings? I wouldn’t. I’d rather give the youth players a go now. Eager to prove a point. I’m also starting to get fucked off with the gravy train now. Sharp, Jagielka, Rodwell given new deals? It’s a fucking joke, no wonder there’s rumours of up and coming players being fucked off watching players slower than a snail on ketamine being given lucrative deals. Starting to remind me of the mid eighties side with old farts looking to us for a last big pay day because of the soft cunts in charge of the club.
I know I shouldn't laugh because im fucking seething but 'a snail on ketamine' 😆

First post on here. Dejected and a bit done with this formation and approach that is being served up. Bringing McBurnie on was worrying (but hoped we wouldn't resort to lumping it.....) and then Norwood for Mcgoldrick, that was a signal to Everton to play in our half and their defensive midfielders to come and play on our 18 yard line. I said straight away that this will be 1 or 2 nil against. I'm not a genius, I've just seen in the last ~15+ games.

For me we largely got away with it last season at times. 'Fine margins' and all that, but a few games we got away with it. He did set up defensively and hope for the best, but at least teams were wary as the CBs and wing backs got forward allowing Lundstram/Fleck to join them and kept their midfield assets deeper.

Now with this current set up, the CBs don't get forward, the wing backs are penned in and therefore under last seasons formation, it is a deep 5-3-2, with the 2 being pointless as they are just so isolated. This invites teams to play in our half and exposes our defensive weaknesses - they have always been there but some resemblance of an attacking threat made the teams not put 8 players in our half. 30 mins into the Brighton game I thought he had seen the light and put 3 up - let's ignore the sending off. Today, he started that way and it seemed realised that you can not carry on banging your head against the same wall. Whilst we didn't create much, neither did Everton. They at least had a speedy player to worry about and Mcgoldrick linking the play. However!!!! He just went back to his usual mindset at HT with McB and then shortly after with the Norwood sub, at which point shortly after I tapped out and it seems rightly so. I just don't understand how he looked at that game and thought going back to the previous X games approach was what we need (which has been dreadful to be a part of) and not Moussett etc.

I just feel that I have no motivation to watch this Wilder team with the flat 3 set up, which effectively means the defensive 5 being pinned back & exposed for pace and the top 2 being 50 yards from the midfield. I feel bad to say this about Chris, but I really don't want to watch his/this team anymore, hence me seeing the set up, or watching the subs, and stopping watching.

Anyone else the same?

Not really a post with an answer, or even a particular moan at one player, just a lack of understanding at what Wilder / Knill are doing and why. Today was proof that a 'defensive' sub shows that it can come in the form of an offensive player rather than this approach

Yes, that's right. The Everton that is flying high and having a great season.

But do you really disagree with my statement that "they were the worst team we've played this season" based on tonight's performance? They were shit.
I never said they were 'the worst team in the league this season'. That would be stupid and not true. They are obviously a very good side. Just not tonight.

Sorry if that simple statement (or 'opinion') confused you.

UTB
I'm not confused mate, just annoyed at all the club bashing going on from its supporters.
I can't see how bashing the club relentlessly helps us.
We clearly over achieved last season with a limited squad by PL standards playing 20% above itself full of momentum after promotion with virtually no injuries. This season weve lost 2 key players in Hendo and JOC and not been able to find equivalent replacements. Result is were now losing by the odd goal where in similar games last year we won by the odd goal or drew.
Confidence is consequently low and we need everyone as up and motivated as possible to compete.
That said I just don't see how bashing the club we love can help us out of this rut. Quite the opposite in fact.

Back
Top Bottom