Match Thread Sheffield United v. Derby County - 24th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
DERB
DERB
DERB
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629631526121.png V. 1629631534367.png
Carabao Cup Round Two - Tuesday 24th August 2021 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Derby County

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Audio via SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Now I’m worried at what’s happening at the club, but let’s not think this is anything like the side that turns out at Luton. FFS.

What it might do though is shut up the chumps clambering for Jebbison, Brunt and the rest starting games in the league.

Nice to see Ndiaye playing with what's going on with his contract situation. Might only have been a Derby side made up of mostly youth players and fringe players. But hopefully some of those who played will have had the chance to show SJ what they can do.

How come we picked up four yellow cards and they had none? Has Slav instilled a ruthless streak at last?

Absolutely paper over cracks result (if stays like this) our world will all come crashing back down when we lose at Luton 😂
You need to learn to let a bit of happiness into your life Jimmy. Read back your own last dozen or so posts and take a deep breath. It's been a disappointing start granted but fuck me mate, let the sunshine in.

A win is a win.

Awhin-Sahwin.jpg

HI-YAA!

First half was worst I’d seen us play.

Some of the senior lads need to take a look at themselves to be honest. Improved second half but burke, bogle, robinson and freeman were getting put to shame by the younger lads.

Though ndiaye was good when he came on. Only one who looked like they could run with the ball. looks like he’ll be a serious player

Gordon was very impressive along with ozzy and brunt.

player poor at times but fuck it, a wins a win and i loved how much it meant to the young lads when we scored. Also love the shithousery from brunt. Celebrated infront of them twice

Opposition has to be taken into account but I thought that was alright.

Brunt did quite well, not everything comes off but at least he tries things. Freeman looked good, lots of running after the goal too. Osborn high energy again, dealt with Derby fans giving him stick a lot better than Bogle who looked really poor. Gordon, Robbo and Lopata all did good bits at the back. Highlights were Billy’s goal and fat lad celebration, Fleck getting the armband and making a lovely last ditch tackle in the box, and the lad doing the pitch invasion.

I like him, I'd like him more if he'd shown a damn thing prior to tonight. I'm not there, I have no idea how he played outside of the goal

Do you want him to show you how he sits in the bench

That's great. Did he do anything for the other 89 minutes?

For me Freeman was MOTM. First half he and Osborn were the only positives. Second half he was in a slightly odd wide forward position, always trying to make things happen, sometimes tried to do too much, but proved he should get a crack in the league.

As for the others:
-Bogle was absolutely bloody dreadful, lost all confidence going forwards and seemed to impacted by abuse from the away end
-Lopata was very solid defensively and powerful, not the most natural in possession though.. Gordon with a couple of dodgy moments defensively early on, steadied and a nice assist
  • Robinson and Osborn were just their usual selves, one below average and the other a terrier
  • Brunt struggled to make a significant impact on the game, but didn't do much wrong either
  • Burke is just a bad footballer
  • mcgoldrick played a million positions and never settled
-Jebbison little service and was moving awkwardly after an early collision, think it was knock to the back
- Fleck did okay, a little deep but solid

Billy Sharp completely changed the game. Led the line better and capitalised on shocking defending

Back
Top Bottom