Match Thread Sheffield United v. Burnley - 23rd May 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BUR
BUR
BUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1621630384780.png V. 1621630393180.png
EPL Week 38 - Sunday 23rd May 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-burnley.546/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham
Video Assistant Referee: Lee Mason
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 21.55.28.png

a poor Burnley team, thats why we did ok. Did someone see Fleck.? 2 in midfield and a defender and we'd have had a cahnce of staying up.

Another clean sheet for the brilliant Ramsdale and was that Jags last appearance is why he was brought on to say farewell to fans that were there at BDTBL

Good win
Heck has done well as he had to pick up a devastated squad and has steadied the ship and got some good results - well done him

Over to you Prince

I see no reason why this squad can’t do well next season but it needs a complete overhaul of the midfield

We have to offload Lunny / Fleck and Norwood who are absolute pants ASAP

well done bash - dids - latterly ramsdale and baldock with a mention to Osborne

Just pointing it out how close it could have been,Burnley nothing to play for and they've stayed up with a couple of quality players.
Sell a few and recruit in the right places and we'll be ok.

I only watched the last 15 minutes but it reminded me of the Bristol City game - only a 1 goal cushion but looked effortless from us, they barely touched the ball in that time (sole exception the Robinson save) and it was hard to avoid the conclusion that Burnley simply couldn't be arsed. Still, it was the first time my kids (2 and 4 years old) have watched United with me, they loved it despite the relative of action and I've got a sneaking dread this is the start of 2 more lifetimes of being a Blade! ("Daddy, I'll never forget the first time we saw a Blades striker miss a sitter and anyway he was offside... I want to be like David McGoldrick when I grow up")

Back
Top Bottom