Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 24th April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1619250333391.png v. 1619250338431.png
EPL Week 33 - Saturday 17th April 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.541/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Tony Harrington
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1619250309596.png

Burke is like that kid at junior school who ran around enthusiastically but didn't know what to do when he got the ball.

Well done to the players - would have been easy to blame relegation for a poor performance but a lot of players whilst lacking quality and confidence showed they cared (whether it’s about selfish for them or the fans and club I don’t really care). Well done

Well done to the players - would have been easy to blame relegation for a poor performance but a lot of players whilst lacking quality and confidence showed they cared (whether it’s about selfish for them or the fans and club I don’t really care). Well done
Yes they cared

but they’re absolutely bloody rubbish

CW you’ve left a shitfest

Burke is fucking useless what did wilder see in him 🤣

We’ve had a few players over the years that were like shit off a shovel. Burke is just the latest to have feet like shovels as well.

great win, even though we got officially relegated, the aims the same since xmas. get to 20pts. so history books look respectable

it was great to see us do what every PL club does be clinical & score when your on top. because if we had done that as a team more. things wouldnt be so dire. because there is a multitude of reasons for relegation. on & off pitch it is a case of how long you got. but in the 1st half of the season. we were on a self destruction mission i think we lost as many points as we had before today. just through numerous chances squandered. i remember thinking we could be on 14pts & we are on 2pts

& ramsdale if the figures were released for supporters Player of the season, which can never happen as it would destroy spirit of people that came bottom. he would be a shoo in to be in at least the top 3. his performances are night & day now from start of the yr

Gutsy performance. Get the cheap goal (by no means a disservice, a goal is a goal). Then park the bus. The level of football was appauling from both teams lets be honest. All the players had to do was get the ball and stand still for a few seconds. Seen more pressing football in lower leagues.

I was very proud and happy with the team performance overall though.

The thing that really made my night though was McGoldrick's post match interview with Sky. He had to hold back a tear regarding our relegation and our fans (or lack of). 100% Blade and my man of the match. Followed closely by Ozzy... the ONLY player who actually wanted to play football by pressing and blocking off passing lanes.

Brighton are a funny one aren't they?

They could easily push on and be a properly decent side - young tricky forwards, players like Bissouma and the young but quality defenders.

Yet at the same time, they could just as easily stagnate to mediocre shite, incapable of form or reaching their potential and then flogging any talent they do have.

Comfortable win last night. ⚔️

I’m certainly not fooled by it and it is certainly not headless chicken running about. It is a well drilled system which you could argue shows a degree of ‘quality’.
For me though, it’s more about them showing Desire and discipline rather than quality
Thought Osbourne had his best game in a Blades shirt . Utb
He was terrible ffs

Back
Top Bottom