Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brentford - 9th December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BREN
BREN
BREN
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1701989781050.png vs. 1701989787927.png

Premier League Matchweek 16 - Saturday 9th December 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brentford.672/

Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Neil Davies, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Darren England
VAR: Rob Jones
Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near Bramall Lane? - CLICK HERE for Parking

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 22.55.39.png

fantastic from the blades. we fully deserved that win its a team transformed, we could have won by more & made it more relaxing ended but grateful that the wasted chances to make it 2-0 didn't bite us in the arse.

also what a goal from mcatee. absolutely beautiful & it was an irony that it was 20 secs after i said about archer he needs confidence in himself & have a pop. you never know, although he did start that in 2nd half. which can only bode well for the future

15 subbed at Half time is surely a blatent admission from Thomas Frank. he was lucky to still be on the pitch following the VAR check

& what an ending brentford fans chanting "VAR VAR VAR" & ref blows whistle

Overall very good, nothing in it the first half other than a world class goal, second half we were easily the better team, great feeling going for a beer and talking about a very positive team performance, what ever happens in the future we don't know but at least we are feeling a level of confidence.

Very happy with the result..however ,sorry. To get anything from every game this season we will have to be at our very best. To do that for the next 20+ games is going to take some doing. Half decent displays will see a defeat. Even great performances aren't guaranteed to get you anything. If the players are up for the biggest come back since Lazerath, yes went there, then the rest of the season will be awesome.
I keep reading how it's better in the Championship, but if the lads perform like this every game, then give me Premier League football any day of the week. I was literally on the edge of my seat for most of the game. Haven't done that since our first season back in the big time. Forgot what it felt like. It felt fkin good.
Thanks Chris and the lads for bringing pride and hope back to the fans. More of the same , that is what we all want.

Very happy with the result..however ,sorry. To get anything from every game this season we will have to be at our very best. To do that for the next 20+ games is going to take some doing. Half decent displays will see a defeat. Even great performances aren't guaranteed to get you anything. If the players are up for the biggest come back since Lazerath, yes went there, then the rest of the season will be awesome.
I keep reading how it's better in the Championship, but if the lads perform like this every game, then give me Premier League football any day of the week. I was literally on the edge of my seat for most of the game. Haven't done that since our first season back in the big time. Forgot what it felt like. It felt fkin good.
Thanks Chris and the lads for bringing pride and hope back to the fans. More of the same , that is what we all want.
Just being competent in certain areas gives you a fighting chance, so in games where it’s not great, you still scrape something. We have been so poor, I think we have a skewed idea of what is required to be competitive.

Great win and a beautiful goal by Mcatee good performance Brooks was outstanding, and Vinni Souza was very good again. Archer should have scored twice. The main thing we are competing and going forward more. That number 15 for Brentford should have been sent off a few dirty tackles and trying to con the ref every two min. the ref and linesmen were fucking crap. worse officials than in the championship.on to Chelsea next week UTB.

Captains from other premier sides walk the mascots out, not caring for them, jumping up and down and posing for the cameras, out comes yours ( under massive pressure re position in the league) and still puts the young girl first
👏 from pete, a spurs fan

speaking as someone who was around for the last time we stayed up under far worse circumstances than this under bassett and no win till the weekend before christmas all you can do is take one game at a time ,stay alive and hope the luck is with you
one thing that was a key component in that great escape was the fans stayed with the team througout and when you hear wilder talk of togetherness and harnessing the supporters and the players together
thats why
lets hope that the average blade in the stands isnt like the average poster on here or its over before it started

Yeah, but his movement and ability on the where one of the many highlights for me. Strange how Hecky was so reluctant to play him.
His run for the point-blank save was clever too - weaving in and out, the defender had no idea where he was. Just a shame he couldnt put it anywhere except at the keeper!

Back
Top Bottom