Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brentford - 9th December 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BREN
BREN
BREN
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1701989781050.png vs. 1701989787927.png

Premier League Matchweek 16 - Saturday 9th December 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brentford.672/

Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Neil Davies, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Darren England
VAR: Rob Jones
Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near Bramall Lane? - CLICK HERE for Parking

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 22.55.39.png

I'd start with the same team (if all are fit) start on the front foot and hopefully get a goal (oh a goal!) Confidence will come if we can build on Wednesday's performance

Mbeumo and various others injured for Brentford. Still a very decent 11, e.g. Lewis-Potter might get a rare run out for them.

Wilder must be licking his lips at the thought of a (reasonable shot at a) home win...

My Brentford mate reports: "We have an injury crisis of hilarious depth. Smart money on a Blades win."

The first 30 minutes will be vital.

United fans will have an inner confidence that we can win and unlike earlier matches, will be looking forward to the game.
I know, as a minimum, we'll play quite well and give it a good go, might still lose but the performance will be more than decent.

Confidence is the main issue for these players.
In Liverpool match, for a change we didn't look overawed, just trying to keep the score down.
We had the temerity to have a few attacks and put their defence under pressure.
We made it difficult for Liverpool to perform and we made them look underpar, which is a good sign.
So confidence and belief will have bee repaired just from that one match.

Expect us to start well but if we go a goal behind.....it could hit our confidence, so we struggle a bit.
However if we score early , the crowd will be rocking and it will be like being back in the Wilder years....when we always expected to win.

Once Wilder starts some momentum...then his teams..especially when playing at Bramall Lane take some stopping.
I'm going for Blades 2 Brentford 1, Archer will score.

Could sound a bit insane but I genuinely believe if we can snatch 3 points tomorrow that would have the potential to completely turn our seasons around.

Capitalise on their injuries, bully them a little and hit them hard and we may just do it. It's clear Wednesday's game was a massive difference. A Wilder win second game in will give the lads the confidence boost they need and that all important "fuck it go at em" attitude Wilders squad once showed when we went back to the PL. Get that mindset in them and we may see more points on the board. Let's be honest who gives a fuck if we don't.

I missed the liverpool game ,on holiday but watched on tv , a very different performance to the shite we have been served up recently, really think we should keep the same team brooks and osula added a bit of youthful exuberance we need to build on this 3-1 to the mighty blades

Honestly we need to bully the fuck out of these data nerds. Fuck off with your python code and wonderkid spreadsheets, gerratum and fucking launch them in to row z. Best home game of 2019 was that 2-0 at home to them.

Before they became the team for the nerds they were known for Hard-Fi and Dean Gaffney.

0-2 to Brentford.

Highly likely that it’ll be flat tomorrow - no atmosphere whatsoever.

Unfortunately, irrespective of the division we’re playing in, United fans are always going to struggle to muster much enthusiasm for a fixture against Brentford. Ticket sales suggest that the gate tomorrow will be the lowest of the season so far - lots of empty seats in Bramall Lane upper and the Kop.

It’ll take something pretty special to get the crowd involved in the game and in those circumstance, i fear that it could be a comfortable afternoon for Brentford.

Seen a fair few fans on Twitter thinking we’ll win tomorrow because we showed a bit of fight on Wednesday. Still think Brentford will have too much for us and can see a 0-2 loss unfortunately.
With their injury problems, home advantage and iffy weather we've got a real opportunity to get our second win. We really need to be up for this one.

First home I'm going to miss this season, so we will win

Seen a fair few fans on Twitter thinking we’ll win tomorrow because we showed a bit of fight on Wednesday. Still think Brentford will have too much for us and can see a 0-2 loss unfortunately.
But I think we need a little bit of delude hope to get us through this wretched season.

It’s about performances. Wilders right. Let’s keep up that discipline and determination from Wednesday. Crowd and Weather always play a part. We need to be angry and fired up.

Back
Top Bottom