Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackpool - 30th October 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLKP
BLKP
BLKP
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1635453684944.png v. 1635453695375.png
Championship Week 15 - Saturday 30th October 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Blackpool

Officials:

Referee:
Tony Harrington
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Mark Dwyer
Fourth Official: James Oldham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

I didn't see the game - but it seems like we actually played well overall. Terrible result though, so frustrating.

I predicted a 5th place finish before the season started and I still have faith that we will make the top six by the seasons' end, but we REALLY need to put a consistent run of results together soon.

Shite again. Weak as piss at the back. Overrun and bullied in midfield. Players just going through the motions. Can see it getting toxic very soon.

Shite again. Weak as piss at the back. Overrun and bullied in midfield. Players just going through the motions. Can see it getting toxic very soon.

Were we really shite? The way the game was being reported by BBC & Sky made it seem like we were dominant. Genuine question, didn't see the game.

We're on the road to nowhere, get rid of shot players on big wages/with big transfer fees hanging over their heads or United will end up like Portsmouth, Bolton, Wednesday etc

Yep, he needs to turn this around in front of 5k travelling fans next week or it's time for him to go

Frustrating is the word of the day alongside the word again. We’ve played well enough in games to have won them but we cannot kill teams off. As long as we don’t score goals the shite served up in the opposition will always have a chance - like today. I don’t even have a good word to say about Blackpool and that’s not even being bitter. They were terrible, great finish though.

You've got to laugh, haven't you?
It's hilarious. And I'm not being ironic. Shit team. Waste of space. Win next game, they are brilliant again. Win one, lose one. Very poor. How many more firsts will we achieve this season. Blackpool last beat us at home in?........

Were we really shite? The way the game was being reported by BBC & Sky made it seem like we were dominant. Genuine question, didn't see the game.

Had a spell for 5-10 mins start of second half that was about it. More possession first half but never tested their keeper.

I didn't see the game - but it seems like we actually played well overall. Terrible result though, so frustrating.

I predicted a 5th place finish before the season started and I still have faith that we will make the top six by the seasons' end, but we REALLY need to put a consistent run of results together soon.
We didn't play well at all mate we had 2 five minute spells other than that we was shit. This team does not make the top 6, a very average at best disjointed team.

Suppose at least they were 6/1

Good away performance by Blackpool. Threw their bodies on the way countless times. Really rode their their luck and then got the sucker punch with a good finish as we fell asleep at the back.
Not entirely sure how they survived the onslaught though.
We’ve seen this a few times where pretty ordinary mid-table teams raise their game at the Lane.
Until we develop a ruthless streak we’re going nowhere.

We didn't play well at all mate we had 2 five minute spells other than that we was shit. This team does not make the top 6, a very average at best disjointed team.

I know that I tend to see things through an optimistic lens but I do really think there is a lot of potential in this team, despite the obvious soft underbelly. Players like Ndiaye, MGW + Mousset SHOULD have too much for most teams in this league but for whatever reason, it's not quite materialising yet, apart from relatively short spells in games.

I know that I tend to see things through an optimistic lens but I do really think there is a lot of potential in this team, despite the obvious soft underbelly. Players like Ndiaye, MGW + Mousset SHOULD have too much for most teams in this league but for whatever reason, it's not quite materialising yet, apart from relatively short spells in games.
We've deffo got the players/potential but this manager for me isn't what we need but that's my opinion. It just doesn't seem to be getting any better for me.

Strange game

Very good first half. Ndiaye was excellent and Gibbs-White looked dangerous as well. Just couldn't finish or deliver the final ball. Was an all round quality team performance. Carried on for ten minutes after halftime but then just seemed to lose fitness. We have a fitness problem here. Several players hit 60 minutes and then just seem to run out of energy. Really strange choice to take off Osborn. Made no sense to me at all. He was lively and dangerous going forward. Very disappointing in the end. Losing Davies will be a blow.

Olsen - 7 - His best game for us. Did most things right but his kicking/distribution is highly suspicious. I have no idea what he was trying to do in injury time. No chance with the goal.
Stevens - 6 - Very good first half. Got forward well and played some lovely balls. Less and less effective as the game went on and started to look dodgy defending.
Davies - 7 - That injury looks like it might put him out for a bit which is a huge blow. I thought this was his best game for us. A couple of loose balls but generally very good with a couple of excellent through balls.
Egan - 5 - Played them on for the goal and charged out, gave it away and almost put us in trouble. I feel Madine bullied him a lot. He's going downhill this season.
Baldock - 4 - Thought he had a bit of a shocker. Lots of wrong choices going forward and looked iffy at the back. Got caught on several occasions by Husband and Anderson. Thought Madine moved on to him second half and caused him lots of problems.
Fleck - 6 - Looked good when carrying it forward and involved in some of our best moves. Kept the ball moving well. Not so good defensively and there was little protection for the defence later on in the second half.
Norwood - 5.5 - Similar to Fleck really, albeit less effective going forward. seemed to slow us down second half.
Osborn - 6.5 - Lively first half. Gave the ball away a few times early on but settled down and caused them all manner of problems. Shocked he was taken off when we have 2 players in Ndiaye and Mousset who aren't fit enough to play for 90 minutes.
Ndiaye - 7.5 - Best player first half. He's a livewire with quick feet who is always buzzing around. Got in some great positions and should have done better. He faded badly on about 55 minutes though. Needs to improve his fitness. Keeps going but gets sloppier when tired and gives fouls away.
Gibbs-White - 6.5 - Quality first half. Full of tricks and flicks and at the heart of everything we did well. Faded second half and seems to fade in and out of the game as it goes on.
Mousset - 6 - Good first half but needs to be more clinical. Unlcuky when he hit the post but the runs he does early on don't last and after 40 minutes he slows right down. You could see second half that Orborn and other players were getting frustrated as no movement ahead of him. Went off again. When not just subbed seemed to pretend to get an injury to be pulled off. We can't carry two players who can't last 90 minutes and Ndiaye is way better.

Subs

McGoldrick - 6 - Started well when he came on. Unlucky with the block from Keogh and for the first 10 minutes caused them problems. After that, looked a bit lost on the left. Not helped by the lack of movement elsewhere. Nice saving header in the back 4!
Sharp - 5 - Is offside way too often and whilst he got involved he didn't look at all effective
McBurnie - 3 - Thought he was dreadful to be honest. Not involved whatsoever and the ball bounced off him.

Slav - 4 - First half was possibly the best 45 minutes this season. Just no end product. Carried on for the next 10 and then we seemed to just fall off a cliff. His substitutions were dreadful. Taking off Osborn was ridiculous. Should have been Mousset. The other subs did nothing and the team was massively unbalanced. We got worse and worse as the game went on and the subs did not help with this. We finished with half the team looking like they didn't know what they were meant to be doing.

Blackpool - Impressive in patches. They somehow managed to hang on and their defending was great. I was impressed by Husband and Gabriel. The latter looks a player. They are a really well organised unit and play as a team. Their manager has done a great job so far. Madine bullied our defence and won most battles. They didn't look anything special but performed as a unit and deserved something from the game for their tenacity.

Besides the front 4, this team is becoming increasingly dislikable. I don’t see the same desire any more. They were all rejects or failed prospects when they got to us and had a point to prove, now it’s like they think they’re entitled to win because they finished 9th in the premier league once

Good away performance by Blackpool. Threw their bodies on the way countless times. Really rode their their luck and then got the sucker punch with a good finish as we fell asleep at the back.
Not entirely sure how they survived the onslaught though.
We’ve seen this a few times where pretty ordinary mid-table teams raise their game at the Lane.
Until we develop a ruthless streak we’re going nowhere.

Blackpool are probably where we were a few years ago. Just come up from League One and have a feel good factor around the club. Take a good following away to a team full of overpaid billy big bollocks just down from the Prem and get a memorable win.

I agree to an extent, we were really lively going forward first half, but we can't have Ndiaye and Mousset both struggling to finish games. They both fade badly after 60 minutes.

In a perfect world Ndiaye and Gibbs-White would have a Mitrovic type in the middle and I think we'd be near the top of the table.

Absolute shocker of a performance. Made my 2 mile walk home feel like a 20 mile walk

In a perfect world Ndiaye and Gibbs-White would have a Mitrovic type in the middle and I think we'd be near the top of the table.
Correct. Players like Mitrovic are hard to come by, but we’re missing that nasty, ruthless battling nutcase that puts the shits up opposing defenders.
We play pretty football but are way too soft in central defense, midfield and up top.

another game gotten away from us undeniably that last 25 mins were dreadful. we were sloppy & were nowhere near the same that had caused so many problems at 0-0

you would think after the last few years id be used to it. but its so frustrating that we are battering teams week after week & can't score. we proved we should be easily in top 6 but we are so wasteful, like today its as if goal leads a charmed life, 2 world class saves, 2 just wrong side of the post, 1 off the bar & a offside between 30 - 60 mins. it so frustrating as it clear they are good enough, as if we could take 1/4 of the hatful of chances we create. we would be knocking door of auto. we cant & we are 17th

Back
Top Bottom