Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackpool - 30th October 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLKP
BLKP
BLKP
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1635453684944.png v. 1635453695375.png
Championship Week 15 - Saturday 30th October 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Blackpool

Officials:

Referee:
Tony Harrington
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Assistant Referee: Mark Dwyer
Fourth Official: James Oldham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

A front three of NDiaye, Moussett/Sharp and MGW will hopefully stick a few in but it would be nice to be confident of a clean sheet, those were the days.

Certainly think this is a toughy, Blackpool fresh from a localish derby win, well backed by their fans, in your face attacking football. Not going to be easy. Going to need 3 goals to win if the last few games anything to go by.

I can see Blackpool turning us over, not doing bad in the Championship are they, enjoying themselves, full of confidence so what do they have to fear about a team that can't defend? If we have to play the OAP's from the start then we will have 90mins like the last 15mins at Oakwell. Agree we will need to score three to get anything from this game, a bit shit innit when you have no confidence that your team can keep the ball out of your goal.

Saw the highlights of the Reading v Blackpool match on Quest two weeks ago. Two of the Blackpool players got booked for diving in the penalty box. A third Blackpool player dived too but this time the ref awarded a penalty through guesswork. VAR would have ruled "no penalty" and Blackpool scored the penalty. I fear that this Saturday having no VAR could prove to be costly for us.

Saw the highlights of the Reading v Blackpool match on Quest two weeks ago. Two of the Blackpool players got booked for diving in the penalty box. A third Blackpool player dived too but this time the ref awarded a penalty through guesswork. VAR would have ruled "no penalty" and Blackpool scored the penalty. I fear that this Saturday having no VAR could prove to be costly for us.
Our players dive for pens as well.

Looking at roys view from they appear fairly confident, we will smash them 3-0 moose x2 and MGW

Mixed forecasts here, but I've got a feeling that we'll click tomorrow and show the potential that neutrals have talked about pre-season
Just to show how confident I feel, I've put a couple of quid on a Blackpool win 'just in case'

Olsen
Baldock
Stevens
Egan
Davies

Bogle
Norwood (Berge)
Osborn
Ndiaye
MGW
A. Striker (one of 4) Moose
Bogle and Osborn can help defensively, but still provide additional attacking threat.

Proper awayday at the seaside.

Hoping we'll continue on the the 3 points against weaker sides path. Blackpool have had a good start though, so won't be easy.

Can't see anything other than a Blackpool win..

1-3, with Didsy getting the consolation

Proper awayday at the seaside.

Hoping we'll continue on the the 3 points against weaker sides path. Blackpool have had a good start though, so won't be easy.
Game is at the Lane

admittedly it all depends on which united turns up barnsley game was big show of that horrendus 1st half & then great 2nd half. until like we have under numerous managers of the last decade. try to self destruct but i think form table dont tell the whole story in my opinion because we are 3 points off the playoffs. despite our start the season where we dropped alot of points due to bad luck & our own stupidity

so i feel we are in a false position in the league, not playing like a team in 15th, as currently as we have dropped 6pts at least, 12 pts at the most, with what happened v Huddersfield, Preston, Bournemouth & Millwall. so we could easily be in the playoffs positions coming into this game

Back
Top Bottom