2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
blackburnrovers.gif

FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 19th March 2023 - 12:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-blackburn-rovers.655/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
VAR: Paul Tierney
AVAR: Richard West

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 22.32.21.png

You think its okay to use this kind of language towards our own players? Come on, are you 12 years old? Its very poor by Lowe, everyone will agree, but we get behind our team, ok?
I never criticise our players usually
The boardroom, yes, but never the players or manager.

But I hate the way that the thickest of the thick always seem to make their way to Sheffield United eventually.

Three times he tried the basic necessity of being a footballer (controlling a football) and three times he couldn't do it

And yes he is a thick twat

No shame in losing to city, just a massive shame that all the goals were mistakes and we couldn’t take our chances, or at least be a little bit more composed.

Still, they have been generally good, and I’m extremely proud of them.

Wednesday was always the bigger game and the focus is on that.

Hoping Anel was taken off to be saved for Wednesday, as he took a knock in the first half.

I never criticise our players usually
The boardroom, yes, but never the players or manager.

But I hate the way that the thickest of the thick always seem to make their way to Sheffield United eventually.

Three times he tried the basic necessity of being a footballer (controlling a football) and three times he couldn't do it

And yes he is a thick twat
Been on the ale have we?

Lowe had kept Mahrez fairly quiet. But u make an error and he punishes you. No one ever said Lowe was the best full back but he has given a great effort against a world class player. Sorry that is not enough for some

Why didn't we press more though? At 3-0 down we let them take the absolute piss, especially their keeper. They quite happily press us in our own half, so why didn't we do the same. Nothing to lose.

We kept Haaland quiet for 90 minutes. Unfortunately they've got other players that can punish you just as much as he can.

Give Hecky half a billion dollars to spend on players and he would build a team that would have put 10 against city. Im sure if it 😀

Been on the ale have we?
Not a drop
Will be later though

Quite amazing that it's one of the first thing directed at someone who loses their shit for a second

I didn't criticise the team, I didn't criticise the manager, or the performance

I criticised a bell end who thinks he's a footballer

We sang loud, we sang proud, the players battled hard but despite this the FA Cup threw out another shock result.

The tv team were near me prior to kick off. I glared at Roy Keane - he looked scared.

True story.

We frustrated one of the best teams in Europe for 40 minutes creating the better chances. We were in the game for an hour but mistakes have done us not Citys free flowing football. Hard lessons to learn if we are to compete at a higher level. What we do need is to sort the left hand side of our defence next year. A fit RND would help.

Its all about Wednesday night now. It always was. Safe journey back to all who went. No shame in defeat today focus is 3 points against WBA.

Special mention to Stuart Attwell for giving us fck all again.

Correct tactics today and we were frustrating them, then Jebbo fucks up and effectively hands them the game.
We then make 2 more silly mistakes and go out with a whimper in the end

Oh come on. It was always likely City would win this game. If it wasn't Jebbo making a mistake, someone else would have. They score two more goals, it wasn't Jebbo's fault we lost, they're just a far far better side

The penalty.

Looked clumsy at first sight.

Having watched it in slow motion, I still can't tell for definite that Jebbo makes any contact with Silva. It looks like he gets a toe on the ball.

Where's the offence?

If there WAS contact with Silva's boot, it doesn't look like much more than the contact on Bash when he went down in their box. Bash's fall looked more awkward than Silva's dive though.

Back
Top Bottom