2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
blackburnrovers.gif

FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 19th March 2023 - 12:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-blackburn-rovers.655/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
VAR: Paul Tierney
AVAR: Richard West

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 22.32.21.png

A bit of perspective is needed here. Most saw this game as an expected loss coming in, if we do lose we have 6 games to get 10 points. This was and is a free hit. Losing Wes for a game shouldn't be some massive game changer either. This season is going to be won and lost on the remaining home games.

Davies v Cardiff & Bristol City seriously not the end of the world some people acting like it is

Davies decent keeper - he was a bit shaky when he first came in for Wes after the previous red, but settled

Had a decent save and a couple of good claims towards the end of the half which will settle him down here too

Our defence should be more than good enough at home for him not to be troubled by either team anyway

Wes shouldn't have been out there but he was , therefore Robinson has to put it in row Z , turn and have a go at him , he's in total control of the situation not Wes , it's a poor mess up but first rule is clear it
Wes puts his hand up to indicate he will take responsibility

A bit of perspective is needed here. Most saw this game as an expected loss coming in, if we do lose we have 6 games to get 10 points. This was and is a free hit. Losing Wes for a game shouldn't be some massive game changer either. This season is going to be won and lost on the remaining home games.
Stop it, you're supposed to start crying and say we are defo only gonna be in the play offs 🤣

yes wes if he did shout. he shouldnt have shouted because he not shielding to pick it up as he's outside his area

but that is why i cant warm to robinson as well as he can play for 85 mins. he always drops 1 clanger every game like when he cost us at millwall . he needs a reminder of 1 oldest phrase in football "if in doubt give it some altitude" & stick it in touch. then have a argument later. why he stuck the brakes on when he's got man climbing over the back of him to get the ball

Screenshot_20230410_205226_Twitter.jpg

Get McAtee on the left hand side

Bring Norwood off. We'd have a proper midfield balance. Current balance is well off which is probably why they're targeting our left side

Need to find something up top to get anything, and avoid getting too knackered because if it's nothing but backs to the wall that's what'll happen

Winning 0-0 at half time against 11 men and 3 subs who keep coming on to the field of play.

Burnley are either very patient or very cautious - or perhaps just scared of us.

Come on Blades rip up the script and bring a result home!

Look like warriors out there. Can we keep it up tho?

Shame Jebbo's injured, could do with someone up top the stretch them. Billy could do a job winning niggly fouls to get us up the pitch.

Cowardly tackle from Norwood proper pathetic tackle from a pro like him

Knew exactly what he was doing and knew clearing the ball he had the chance to get the player injured

Proper W@nker behaviour that no matter what team he plays for

He has got form for doing that aswell he did that a few years back if I remember correctly

Cowardly tackle from Norwood proper pathetic tackle from a pro like him

Knew exactly what he was doing and knew clearing the ball he had the chance to get the player injured

Proper W@nker behaviour that no matter what team he plays for

He has got form for doing that aswell he did that a few years back if I remember correctly
Prutton?

Egan is a fucking donkey. We need to offer more than aimless long punts. All we’ve done since going down to 10 is give the ball away. Really bad. Try and string a few passes together FFS.WTF has happened to doyle in this game. He’s having a mare so far.
Egan is a Donkey? Egan is absolutely class.. one or 2 wrong decisions in a game where we're down to 10 under pressure, dunt mean he's a donkey. What's we everyone slagging players, we gi 100% every game, just as we are now.. this is what Blades are about!

yes wes if he did shout. he shouldnt have shouted because he not shielding to pick it up as he's outside his area

but that is why i cant warm to robinson as well as he can play for 85 mins. he always drops 1 clanger every game like when he cost us at millwall . he needs a reminder of 1 oldest phrase in football "if in doubt give it some altitude" & stick it in touch. then have a argument later. why he stuck the brakes on when he's got man climbing over the back of him to get the ball

View attachment 157667
Keeper come for them all the time, the problem comes when the keeper hesitates. Once he comes he has to take everything.

Robinson has done his best to hold their player off but as soon as Wes hesitates, job is fucked.

Equally, Robinson deals with it easily if Wes doesnt come.

Words fail me...never played the game have you?
going way off topic but i do, and i would put money on the fact i’m better than 99% on this forum. But what a pointless weird little avenue to to down. Its a sunday league style ruffle feathers thing to do that not done right can break a leg.

See similar challenges like that all the time that are red card offences.

going way off topic but i do, and i would put money on the fact i’m better than 99% on this forum. But what a pointless weird little avenue to to down. Its a sunday league style ruffle feathers thing to do that not done right can break a leg.

See similar challenges like that all the time that are red card offences.
Not even close to a foul, but you keep thinking that. How many times that has happened by me and against me in my 25 years of playing 11 a side, I have lost count.

Disappointing to go down to 10 when wewere in control of game...Fair play to Hecky leaving 2 up..maybe if we can keep them at bay,Osula can come on later and get us winner with his pace.

View attachment 157667

In that situation, considering that Wes has shouted for it, what happens if Robinson ignores him and tries to clear it, meaning they’re both potentially trying to clear it at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom