2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
blackburnrovers.gif

FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 19th March 2023 - 12:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-blackburn-rovers.655/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
VAR: Paul Tierney
AVAR: Richard West

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 22.32.21.png

Burnley wankers think we are shit. Looking at the ginger cunt in the crowd, it's a wonder he can fucking talk. Dense, there's little around Southey Green to rival it for absence of intelligence. Lancashire inbreds.
BNP, big white bone head, Burnley intelligentsia. Britain First. Isn't that whore Frantsen from Burrrrnlehhh?

Last edited:

I think it would have been a different outcome without the sending off,it became attack v defence despite us leaving 2 up top even after the subs.

End of the day we have 6 games left, our goal difference vs Luton’s means we can most likely afford to lose 2 and draw 1 of the 3

4 home games in a row, who gives a fuck about Burnley, we will be looking comfortable again in a weeks time

We didn’t need to win tonight , we didn’t.

3 points Saturday is more important

I think Robinson feigned to clear the ball into the stand but then didn't. Safety first in that situation, if Wes hadn't come out to the ball the JLT would have to have dealt with it 🫣🫣

Aye but Wes waved him off and then floundered it, soon as he tells Robbo he’s taking control he has to, Robbo’s then expecting Wes to clear and he doesn’t

Robbo not faultless but certainly not the majority blameworthy party

The game was a free hit and we whiffed. So fkin what. In three or four weeeks time we'll be given it large when we are promoted. We lost, move on, the players will bounce back.
The manner of it fucking stinks though. The lack of intelligence of some of our players when shit hits the tits is pathetic.

Some of our players completely lose their heads when things go against them.

I really don’t think we can afford to play Norwood again this season, the midfield is so pedestrian with him in it. Also every time he gets the ball I shit myself waiting for him to either wait too long to pass it and get tackled or for him to just pass it straight to them

I really don’t think we can afford to play Norwood again this season, the midfield is so pedestrian with him in it. Also every time he gets the ball I shit myself waiting for him to either wait too long to pass it and get tackled or for him to just pass it straight to them
Couldn’t agree more… it’s like when Bash comes on. It’s done boys, time has moved on!

Burnley wankers think we are shit. Looking at the ginger cunt in the crowd, it's a wonder he can fucking talk. Dense, there's little around Southey Green to rival it for absence of intelligence. Lancashire inbreds.
BNP, big white bone head, Burnley intelligentsia. Britain First. Isn't that whore Frantsen from Burrrrnlehhh?
Do you realise how many Blades live in Southey Green?

I hope our boys tell the sky team to fuck off when they try to televise our promotion! This love in is disgusting! 🤮
I've no beef with Sky applauding Burnleys promotion, but trying to make out their performance tonight was peak Messi-Barcelona and Kompany as the second coming of Guardiola is ridiculous. Save for 2 or 3 Blades brain farts, I don't think they were a huge threat, especially considering they were up against 10 men. It was hardly the Alamo.

What a bag of wank.

Idiotic decision making cost us the game. As soon as Wes saw red the night was over. They weren't exactly up for it though and we were poor despite having a man less. Lots of poor performances tonight. We defended ok most of the time but produced next to nothing going forward. When we did it was wasted by Bogle.

Wes - 0 - Second red card of the season for an idiotic decision. One to come and then to take him out. Given the league situation an entirely moronic decision which could cost us dearly. He's simply not good enough if we go up and he pulls a stupid charge every few games if we don't. We'll keep him if we stay down but he gets a heck of a lot of protection from the defence.
Baldock - 7 - Possibly our best player and still playing on the wrong side. Got up and back but gave his man too much space at times.
Robbo - 2 - The goal is largely Wes' fault but he still should have just booted it out. Loses a point for having a go at Hecky when he was brought off.
Egan - 5.5 - Got booked for a stupid tackle and looked at sea on the few occasions he came under pressure. Got caught out of position a couple of times and lucky they were offside/wasted it.
Anel - 6.5 - Defended well and showed good anticipation. He reads the game well but also gets caught on the ball. Once again charging forward stupidly and losing it putting us under pressure.
Bogle -3 - Dire. He's always been suspect as a defender but terrible going forward. He makes absolutely terrible decisions when he's attacking. Seems to have little between the ears. He should have dealt with the cross on the first and fails to close down crosses. I have no idea why he's fallen off a cliff in terms of form.
Norwood - 3 - Their best player in the first half and set up their best chances (albeit one was a hospital ball from the muppet to his right). Looks a shadow of the player who was so reliable. Poor decision making and looks slow and rushed everything.
Doyle - 5 - Poor game. Set pieces weren't great and didn't use the ball very well.
Berge - 6 - Kept at it and at least put the effort in.
Ndiaye - 5 - Poor game from him. Obviously his touches were limited and almost every one bounced off him. Stupid booking near the end as well.
McBurnie -3 - I thought he was shocking. He's been poor since he came back from the last injury. He didn't win a battle tonight. There was a 3 on 2 break at one stage and he was free at the back post but just jogged and the defender easily got back.

Subs:

Davies - 4 - Should have got something on the second and seemed to leave it, but not helped by a man being left completely unmarked. Made a few routine saves.
Sharp - 6 - Looked to try and do a better job of keeping the ball up top than McBurnie
Osula - 5 - Looks clumsy and I've been far from convinced by what I've seen of him.
Fleck - 6 - Did ok
Basham - 6.5 - Offered a threat when he came on but final touch was lacking.

Hecky - 6 - Poor night at the office. Game was essentially over after the red but we held them longer than I thought we would. As soon as the goal went in that was that. Pulled our better attacking players out of the firing line, which was probably very sensible.

Burnley - They've done brilliantly this season but looked like they had a hangover tonight. No one really stood out and that could have easily finished 0-0 without our mistakes.

What a complete wanker David prutton is. I don’t mind kompany but fuck me how much do they love him

Back
Top Bottom