Match Thread Sheffield United v. Birmingham City - 7th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BIRM
BIRM
BIRM
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628250103150.png V. 1628250111048.png
Championship Week 1 - Saturday 6th August 2021 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-birmingham-city.552/

Officials:

Referee:
Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: George Byrne
Assistant Referee: Nik Barnard
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

1628249796939.png
SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Proper up for this season, fans back & I’ll be able to get back to the Lane for the first time since 2018 when I move back up north in October.

For us this game is a real unknown, we have a squad that was comfortably beaten week in week out last year. But there’s been a big change at the top, Slav will use the players differently & have his own ideas so it’s a real clean slate.

We desperately need a good start to get that confidence & momentum flowing which is huge in football.

As for Birmingham, Jutkiewicz will likely be up too so a big physical test for Egan & Co.

Birmingham do have some good players tbf so be a good early test.

Thats rubbish no VAR to stop you going ballistic then seeing a big toe is offside and feeling sh-t

I think the main question now is, what pubs are going to be open as normal?

View attachment 118257 V. View attachment 118258
Championship Week 1 - Saturday 6th August 2021 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-birmingham-city.552/

Officials:

Referee:
Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: George Byrne
Assistant Referee: Nik Barnard
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

View attachment 118256
SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

And here we go again, the new normal? There'll never be a new normal as a Blade! Any kind of S2 4SU normal would be sheer abnormality! Have any of us ever witnessed a sustained period of successful normality that wasn't unexpectedly curtailed by something random sending us off the rails?

Can't ever remember us starting a season against Birmingham?!? Though I have painful memories of a couple of final day of the season encounters with the Blues (missing out on Europe with a draw 74/75, and the close of a traumatic relegation to the second tier the following season 75/76 mmm... experienced that Blade irony twice now!).

We've never bounced straight back to the top tier, so the current crop of management and players need to be miracle workers! Here's hoping.

Keep the Faith. UTB. 🩸

Do you know who started the idea that there will be 30k at BDTBL,loads of tickets still available.

It was an official tweet by the SUFC ticket office.
They said as at Thursday morning (yesterday) over 27,500 tickets have already sold and the media have reported they expect Saturdays attendance to be close to 30,000. We all know many Blades leave it until the last minute to buy tickets so it’s not unreasonable to expect 2K to be sold in the last 2 days of sale.

Agree theres loads available in the wings of BL upper tier and edge of the Kop but everywhere else is virtually sold out
I reckon the final attendance will be between 28,500 and 29,000.

Last edited:
And here we go again, the new normal? There'll never be a new normal as a Blade! Any kind of S2 4SU normal would be sheer abnormality! Have any of us ever witnessed a sustained period of successful normality that wasn't unexpectedly curtailed by something random sending us off the rails?

Can't ever remember us starting a season against Birmingham?!? Though I have painful memories of a couple of final day of the season encounters with the Blues (missing out on Europe with a draw 74/75, and the close of a traumatic relegation to the second tier the following season 75/76 mmm... experienced that Blade irony twice now!).

We've never bounced straight back to the top tier, so the current crop of management and players need to be miracle workers! Here's hoping.

Keep the Faith. UTB. 🩸
We started a season at Birmingham and lost 1-0 with a last minute goal from Kevin Phillips that ultimately cost us promotion.

They finished the season in 2nd place and we were 3rd, three points behind them with a better goal difference.

Without that goal we would have been level on points and would have gone up!

It was an official tweet by the SUFC ticket office.
They said as at Thursday morning (yesterday) over 27,500 tickets have already sold and the media have reported they expect Saturdays attendance to be close to 30,000. We all know many Blades leave it until the last minute to buy tickets so it’s not unreasonable to expect 2K to be sold in the last 2 days of sale.

Agree theres loads available in the wings of BL upper tier and edge of the Kop but everywhere else is virtually sold out
I reckon the final attendance will be between 28,500 and 29,000.
I was in ticket office about 3.30pm, guy told me 29k had been sold, and with all day tomorrow and the usual last minute walk up its gonna sell out I'd imagine. Can't believe it tbh, thought a few glory hunters and part timers would've palmed us off but after the horror of last season etc and it being on sky don't forget, I'm mega happy that our fanbase is looking so strong....still hundreds of thousands behind our neighbours but they are the massive.

We started a season at Birmingham and lost 1-0 with a last minute goal from Kevin Phillips that ultimately cost us promotion.

They finished the season in 2nd place and we were 3rd, three points behind them with a better goal difference.

Was first day of my holiday in Newquay watching it in a boozer in the town.

Talk about starting the holiday in a bad mood

Was first day of my holiday in Newquay watching it in a boozer in the town.

Talk about starting the holiday in a bad mood
It was OK for you.

I was staying over with an ex boss who is a big bluenose and lived in Dickens Heath near Solihull.

He took me to his local curry house and when the waiter came to him and said "good evening Ian, how are you today?" The bastard just burst out laughing and said loud enough for everyone to hear " he's from Sheffield" whilst pointing at me.

He's still one of my best mates though.

I was in ticket office about 3.30pm, guy told me 29k had been sold, and with all day tomorrow and the usual last minute walk up its gonna sell out I'd imagine. Can't believe it tbh, thought a few glory hunters and part timers would've palmed us off but after the horror of last season etc and it being on sky don't forget, I'm mega happy that our fanbase is looking so strong....still hundreds of thousands behind our neighbours but they are the massive.
well looking on the club site plan for the game looks like theres about 3k tickets left about 1k on the kop nearly all down the right hand side that nobody likes so definetly gonna be 29k and an outside chance of 30k

well looking on the club site plan for the game looks like theres about 3k tickets left about 1k on the kop nearly all down the right hand side that nobody likes so definetly gonna be 29k and an outside chance of 30k
Will yer take 3000 to QPR though?
Well will yer?

I was on holiday in Ireland for that game, my cousin put the game on in his house. I was absolutely bleeding seething when that goal went in, but I had to bite my lip as my cousin had young kids at the time.

It was just so typical Sheffield United, and what it meant at the end of the season was even more typical

We started a season at Birmingham and lost 1-0 with a last minute goal from Kevin Phillips that ultimately cost us
Im pretty sure there was a foul / offside in the build up

I remember saying that at the end of the season

Back
Top Bottom