Match Thread Sheffield United v. Aston Villa - 3rd February 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Most goals conceded at this stage of the season in the top flight since the 60’s.

When will we stop setting these unwanted records.

So sad for a grand old club.

UTB
Never, we're going for the record of most records broken by one team in a season. Did you not know 😂

Ffs Wilder, please don’t come out saying what quality players Villa have! Just be a Blade and say what a fuckin shit show this is and that it’s rotten to the core. This team will be dismantled in May so who knows what fuckin shit we have next season in Championship? Never felt so bad! Cunts!!

That was fucking abysmal. Villa dictated from the moment the first goal went in. Honestly they took the piss...they could have had 10 if they'd decided to really turn the screw. After seeing out the first half comfortably, it almost looked like they said "right, let's just get another early doors to remind them we can score at will here" so they did. Then it was a passing exercise for them for the remaining 50 minutes.

Lost count of the number of times I've said this this season, but that was as bad as anything I've ever seen. It's ok saying "we're in the prem, we used to be in L1" but relatively this is worse...way worse. We're lightyears away from being competitive, despite spending enormous sums of money over the last 4 or 5 years. We're getting mullered for fun by various sides...god knows what Luton are going to do to us next week, but having put 4 past Newcastle today, they must be rubbing their hands together seeing how bad we are defensively.

I don't think we've improved at all since Wilder came back. We still look weak, shaky, slow. I don't know what the solution is, but I'm starting to think an 18 month contract was a mistake. IMHO a better option would have been until the end of the season, and if we show consistent improvement and make a fight of it, he has the opportunity to earn a proper contract after that. I just don't see how he can turn it round in summer from what will be the worst season in our history. I think we need a HUGE clearout, from top to bottom. Let most of the out of contract players go, give more game time to the likes of Brooks and (when fit) Arblaster, as they will be the ones playing next term. Revamp the approach to scouting and recruitment...we're not going to be spending big in summer but on the surface we will be one of the favourites to go back up, just cos the relegated teams normally are. Surely with some shrewd scouting we could attract some young, hungry players from the champ, or even the upper reaches of L1, who are ready to kick on and move up a level.

I think it will take us a good few years to recover from this. It is VITAL that, at worst, we hover around the middle of the champ while this happens. Another relegation back to L1 would be utterly disastrous.

These players have been given chance after chance it’s time to drop and bring youth in .. fuck em all

Ive
Me too, season ticket holder but won't be going again this season....embarrassing. probably not the right night to try selling season ticket!
I've got a season ticket, and I'll be there next season.

I'm not going to make many games this season though. Can't see the point of a 200 mile round trip to see us get rimmed.

First season for 40 years that I won't have done any away games. Cannot be arsed.

The amount of space we gave them tonight was criminal. Looked like they'd got 14 players for most of it.

Sad times.

A significant difference between the two teams was that even when 0-5 up Villa constantly pressed us on the ball giving us no time on the ball whereas we sat back most of the time when they had the ball.

One team wanted it, the other didn't.

Ffs Wilder, please don’t come out saying what quality players Villa have!
Well he did say it and had to say it because it's true. But of course he didn't just give that as the reason for our defeat.

yes today was deeply depressing, i dont know why we tried the high line as pace has always been our biggest weakness for years. but these games were always going to happen 4 quality goals & they were clinical. i thought at the time that 1st goal was typical of our season as we were by the better team 1st 15 mins shouldve taken the lead. & then villa 1 chance 1 goal. we fell apart like a pack of cards. 1st time in 26 yrs for me as i did cowards thing & left at half time, when the adverts were on. it was weird as i feeling guilty for leaving at HT, even though i knew it was the correct decision & i had 3 people advising me to leave,
1706998037075.png

the points we've dropped since xmas period, we should be at worst on 17pts, so this isnt the game that relegated us, luton did that. but i think we were better than under hecky but we havent got the results the performances deserved

Ffs Wilder, please don’t come out saying what quality players Villa have! Just be a Blade and say what a fuckin shit show this is and that it’s rotten to the core. This team will be dismantled in May so who knows what fuckin shit we have next season in Championship? Never felt so bad! Cunts!!
Wilder. Prince , just fuck off...

Ive

I've got a season ticket, and I'll be there next season.

I'm not going to make many games this season though. Can't see the point of a 200 mile round trip to see us get rimmed.

First season for 40 years that I won't have done any away games. Cannot be arsed.

The amount of space we gave them tonight was criminal. Looked like they'd got 14 players for most of it.

Sad times.
Sounds like me. Train strikes kill me most weeks so I end up driving to watch horror shows. At halftime today I just thought why? Then I made the mistake of counting how many home matches we still have left. That was when I reached for the knife drawer.

Two things that made me think. When it was way too late, and we decided we could pass the ball ( the olé couple of minutes) we had a bit of a go, and came close a couple of times. Still not good enough, but at least some fight.
Why just for such a short time, when it was too late?

But, the eye opener. Was Martinez after we scored. He went fucking mental booting the post. He really cared, and showed what our players lacked in handfuls.

Stating the obvious we are out of our depth in this league, I can't see us reaching 20 points. we will break record defeats most goals conceded etc. Wilder admits he picked the wrong team selection and tactics. even Guardiola would struggle with this lot. The Prince must sell the club which is proving difficult. looks like Wilder is going to after start from scratch and rebuild again.However with very little money unless we can get a new owner/owners.

theres absolutely no problems with the squad that a swift 250m to 300m of investment wouldnt put right

cant see a problem then

Back
Top Bottom