Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 4th March 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1709230193888.png Vs 1709230203971.png

Premier League Matchweek 27 - Monday 4th March 2024 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.683/

Officials:

Referee: Sam Barrott
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: John Brooks
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 18.09.14.png

it was so bad tonight i found it funny, we knew it would be bad but that not bad, ive not seen a defensive display as bad as that since southend in 2016. i didnt think it was possible to be this bad defensively & at 6 i thought it could be an "i was there" moment. for the biggest defeat in pl history. worryingly the only shock is 1-0 took 4 mins. arsenal had already missed 2 big chances by then. we just couldn't handle their movement passing was cutting wide open. at 3-0 i had just become a neutral & i was 3 rows from watching quality players in person. at 5-0 its like watching your kids u10 team, you need to be there for moral support regardless how bad it is

but lot of questions need answering prince has had 2 summer premier league windows in sole control. both have been disasters, the seeds were sown for this 12 months ago when we had got in such financial problems, having our highest earner at £35,000 probally says alot because there championship players on more than most of our squad & we said in august but what happened to our defensive organisation over the summer. in April we were solid, man city scored once from open play at wembley & but in august you could walk through us with ease.

I think this season, for both Burnley and SUFC, it demonstrates exactly what you said: the gulf, player availability, money to be spent, and tactical nuances is huge between EPL and the Championship... Unless you spend like Forest, there is no way anymore to come up from the Championship and stay in the Prem. The gulf is now as big as the universe to ensure safety.

Luton have given it a go but they will fail. Burnley and SUFC simply cannot compete as will all teams coming up going forward.

toledo
I don' t know Toledo, Leeds were impressive at Chelsea in cup.

Arsenal CB William Saliba had more passes (169) than entire Sheffield Utd team combined (142).

One word: embarrassing

I don' t know Toledo, Leeds were impressive at Chelsea in cup.

As a one off performance when you’re winning matches in the Championship and confidence is high, it’s possible to put in those type of performances e.g. us beating Spurs last season.

It’s far more difficult putting in those performances each week during the grind of a premier league season.

Why? It's my choice how I do or don't support the Blades this season. There's no rulebook and you won't get a trophy at the end of the season for being Bladiest Blade of Bladestown. Get over yourself and don't take your frustrations out on others. Christ man, it's football, not life.

A trophy for being the Bladiest Blade of Bladestown - that should like so be a thing!

It could have got worse. At half time I could see double figures.

Putting some legs on helped enormously as there was some energy to track back and get behind the man.

2 games against Arsenal -11 goals.

FFS
At 0-3 after 15 minutes I assumed it would end up double figures.

And so it would if Arsenal hadn't started withdrawing key players to save them for competitive matches.

Reactions: 10p
This is pure speculation.
all wages are speculations, but alot of media outlets are treating this as truth. it would make sense because way back the reason why we signed brewster instead of wilson was because he was more transfer fee. but wilson wages were beyond us & we couldnt even afford to match bournemouth who had just been relegated

all wages are speculations, but alot of media outlets are treating this as truth. it would make sense because way back the reason why we signed brewster instead of wilson was because he was more transfer fee. but wilson wages were beyond us & we couldnt even afford to match bournemouth who had just been relegated

These websites are bollocks though. Someone just makes them up and people believe them.

I think this season, for both Burnley and SUFC, it demonstrates exactly what you said: the gulf, player availability, money to be spent, and tactical nuances is huge between EPL and the Championship... Unless you spend like Forest, there is no way anymore to come up from the Championship and stay in the Prem. The gulf is now as big as the universe to ensure safety.

Luton have given it a go but they will fail. Burnley and SUFC simply cannot compete as will all teams coming up going forward.

toledo
Maybe this year’s promoted teams will survive, given who they are.

Arsenal play like successful Premier League teams play with a combination of skill, drill and fitness They passed the ball effortlessly around our static defence and even when they were 0-5 up if we dared to get the ball they pressed us until we lost it. By contrast we often panicked or lobbed the ball when we had it and sat back cowering on our own half when they had the ball.

Other teams like Brighton and City have done this to us also and unless we learn to play the modern game we will never compete.

Ticket sales appear to be marginally ahead of what they were for the Brighton match - might just creep over 30,000 for this one.

Plenty of spaces on the Kop, though, which isn’t surprising at £42 for an adult ticket…to see us get pasted.
Anyone know what crowd was, didn't hear any announcement and there's nowt on BBC web

I'm sure that aready happened this season with Rodri against Man City.
How's this one. 😬

David Raya's Pass accuracy was better than 13 of the 15 Sheffield United players, and one of them only made 3 passes before being hauled off at half-time. (Imagine that's macca)

Anyone know what crowd was, didn't hear any announcement and there's nowt on BBC web
Reported as 29,980, although on the basis of how full the Lane end upper tier was - which tends to be a good guide - I thought it was a touch higher than that.

Back
Top Bottom