Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 4th March 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1709230193888.png Vs 1709230203971.png

Premier League Matchweek 27 - Monday 4th March 2024 - 20:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.683/

Officials:

Referee: Sam Barrott
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: John Brooks
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 18.09.14.png

Wilder should come and be honest…
‘Prince screwed us at the beginning of the season leaving us with the worst Premier League squad in history. It’s a disgrace and I’m sorry. It embarrassing that we’re getting paid for this’.

0-5 down at half time. We could only get better. It’s not negativity, we have conceded 5 or more at home for the last 4 games.
It could have got worse. At half time I could see double figures.

Putting some legs on helped enormously as there was some energy to track back and get behind the man.

2 games against Arsenal -11 goals.

FFS

I fear the worst for next season. You don't come back from this run of results, zero money to spend because you've already spent your parachute payments, reliant on frees and loans and an almost comprehensive rebuild.

Wilder will probably walk tonight, he's a coward like that.

What I find absolutely unbelievable considering how incredibly shit we are is that we only need 1 point to not finish bottom, all I can say is that burnley are one of the worst sides to ever grace the Premier League, burnley need to thank christ that we went up with them otherwise they'd be getting the shit that were getting and deserve

It could have got worse. At half time I could see double figures.

Putting some legs on helped enormously as there was some energy to track back and get behind the man.

2 games against Arsenal -11 goals.

FFS
Makes it even more bizarre that Wilder still thinks Norwood is good enough for a midfield spot against a Champions League quality football team. The plot is well and truly lost.

FUCK OFF TO HILLSBOROUGH!

😡😡😡
Why? It's my choice how I do or don't support the Blades this season. There's no rulebook and you won't get a trophy at the end of the season for being Bladiest Blade of Bladestown. Get over yourself and don't take your frustrations out on others. Christ man, it's football, not life.

I fear the worst for next season. You don't come back from this run of results, zero money to spend because you've already spent your parachute payments, reliant on frees and loans and an almost comprehensive rebuild.

Wilder will probably walk tonight, he's a coward like that.
Hopefully he fucks off and also that piss poor owner and board!!

until today this was the worst defensive display id seen. as thats what the 1st 15 mins reminded of this.

I think this season, for both Burnley and SUFC, it demonstrates exactly what you said: the gulf, player availability, money to be spent, and tactical nuances is huge between EPL and the Championship... Unless you spend like Forest, there is no way anymore to come up from the Championship and stay in the Prem. The gulf is now as big as the universe to ensure safety.

Luton have given it a go but they will fail. Burnley and SUFC simply cannot compete as will all teams coming up going forward.

toledo

V
I think this season, for both Burnley and SUFC, it demonstrates exactly what you said: the gulf, player availability, money to be spent, and tactical nuances is huge between EPL and the Championship... Unless you spend like Forest, there is no way anymore to come up from the Championship and stay in the Prem. The gulf is now as big as the universe to ensure safety.

Luton have given it a go but they will fail. Burnley and SUFC simply cannot compete as will all teams coming up going forward.

toledo
Carragher has just pointed out that this season the Championship has 3 PL clubs in it & the PL has 3 Championship clubs, and he’s spot on. It’ll be like this from now on with the very occasional exception, the gulf has become too big now.

V

Carragher has just pointed out that this season the Championship has 3 PL clubs in it & the PL has 3 Championship clubs, and he’s spot on. It’ll be like this from now on with the very occasional exception, the gulf has become too big now.
He’s right. The gulf is fucking massive to the extent where both Forest and Burnley have spent absolute fortunes to try and stay up. Forest clearly went too far in terms of the amount of players and are still on the verge after staying up for one season. Burnley are coming straight back down.
You need a squad of predominately accomplished, experienced internationals and / or premier league players to be able to even compete nowadays.
When you look at the top teams, their academies hoover up all the best players from as young as 8 or 9, plus spunk away 40 mill plus at least on international players in every position.
Genuinely what chance do you have long term of going up and staying up without obscene investment?
The premier league is supposedly the best in the world, but as a competitive and fairly balanced league - even as far as the officiating goes - if your names not down, you’re not coming in.

Last edited:
V

I think he's right about 3 championship clubs in the Premier League but look at top 3 in the championship, leicester, leeds and Ipswich will they be any better next season, none of them have many players if any that are Premier league standard, doing well in the championship has no bearing of your chances in the league above, just look what burnley did last season and they're on the exact same points as us

To be fair our lads did provide some entertainment tonight.

I mean that tactic of the keeper either kicking goalkicks or the ball from his hands as high and as far as possible just so we could immediately lose possession must have had those watching on tv absolutely overwhelmed with hysterical laughter.

Back
Top Bottom