Season tickets next season.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted earlier but does anyone have any ideas on what the way forward will be if this season drags in to say August? Will we still have to renew for the coming season before this one is completed?

We always renew before the seasons finished if you want maximum discount

I would not worry about season tickets. There is not going to be any games for fans in stadiums for a very long time. Certainly not this calendar year.

United's delays actually were good for fans - a lot have bought season tickets for clubs (Wednesday for several seasons!) for next season - a season that at best will be delayed, possibly severely truncated and probably mostly played behind closed doors if it does ever start. At least in these hard times for many we are not waiting to see what happens and £500 out of pocket.

The important question is if the pigs get to the premier league but games are being played behind closed doors, when does the ten year season ticket start? And are they counted in attendances?

The important question is if the pigs get to the premier league but games are being played behind closed doors, when does the ten year season ticket start? And are they counted in attendances?
[/Q
That would not be fair they would have an advantage over other clubs,it always looks as if they are playing behind closed doors after half time. 😂

Thank you derfblade. Made me laugh anyway.

Worrying about next season's season tickets is as premature as thinking about what to have on your pancakes next pancake Day ( lemon and sugar only)

Clubs should use the season ticket money saved by not incurring the match day costs to pay the low paid staff they might otherwise lay off.

At the moment the club are saying that won’t happen but the cash may have been utilised already.

I think we need to know when there‘s going to be a ‘next season‘ before we concern ourselves about the season tickets.

Internet will have been replaced with summat new before thats answered.

Thank you derfblade. Made me laugh anyway.

Worrying about next season's season tickets is as premature as thinking about what to have on your pancakes next pancake Day ( lemon and sugar only)
Gravy and Ash with a liberal application of Henderson's.

More importantly is the question of whether we would get a partial refund on current season tickets should no further games be played in front of spectators?

More importantly is the question of whether we would get a partial refund on current season tickets should no further games be played in front of spectators?

If the whole season is scrapped and deemed null and void fans would fans be entitled to claim their season ticket money back from the 2019-20 season ticket and any away games they have been to (would lose loyalty points)? If Sky/BT/foreign TV companies take their 800 million back for a season that in affects is null and void and never existed then cant fans do the same? We have essentially paid money for things that dont exist - its like going to a days cricket that is abandoned with no result.

Sure clubs would not pay out but an interesting point non the less?

My concern has always been that not just losing out on a great league finish and also possibly a cup/european qualification but the fact Sky/BT Takes our money back then what - we have used most of that on McBurnie, Berge, Mousset. Would we be in the crap (Villa even more so)? At least all the other Prem clubs had money from previous seaasons.

So many what ifs but if the season is expunged then financially it would have a huge affect on every club I suppose. I think that is the main motivation between finishing - clubs cant afford to not get paid. The interesting point will be July as that is when the TV companies can say if there has not been games they can in theory claim breach of contract and ask for their money back. If that happens then that is when the season would get canned I feel.

All this talk about them waiting till whenever to play the games is great in theory but the TV companies wont wait 12 months. Sadly the governenment I feel rightly wont allow even behind closed doors for a long, long time - cant see anything happening in the next 6 months despite all the fantasy plans/rumours from the PL about games happening this summer in set locations.

The notion of buying a ticket to watch a game or a season ticket is a long, long way - as I say 21-22 season would be the best we could all hope for. Not sure without a vaccine they will allow 30-50,000 people to assemble in elongated period of social lockdown - there is going to be socia distancing of one form or another for a long period - football will be the last thing to come back in terms of allowing crowds. Sad but true and the right decision.

cant see anything happening in the next 6 months despite all the fantasy plans/rumours from the PL about games happening this summer in set locations.

In an ideal world, the government would maybe like to wait 6 months before football is played behind closed doors, but I just can’t see them being able to wait that long.

Burnley have already said they will run out of money by August if no football is played. If a Premier League club who’ve made a profit three years in a row are going to struggle soon, what hope does the majority of the football league have?

If we’re not careful, we’ll stay in lockdown for months and football as we know it will be gone forever.

In an ideal world, the government would maybe like to wait 6 months before football is played behind closed doors, but I just can’t see them being able to wait that long.

Burnley have already said they will run out of money by August if no football is played. If a Premier League club who’ve made a profit three years in a row are going to struggle soon, what hope does the majority of the football league have?

If we’re not careful, we’ll stay in lockdown for months and football as we know it will be gone forever.

You might be right...I think lots of clubs will go bust further lower down the leagues but if they have no income then not sure what they can do. There will be businesses going in every walk of life by the time we get out of this.

Sadly the Government will have the final say in terms of allowing events like football behind closed doors or not. The Premier League might want to get going quicker but it won't be them that has the final say.

I'd love to say we will see games in July or August start behind closed doors as that would mean we are getting back to normal but I think it will be a lot longer.

Desperately sad to think we in all likelihood won't go the Lane for maybe 18 months to 2 years but not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Clubs may well go bust. Have the fa rules rejigged so the phoenix club takes their place. Simple.

You might be right...I think lots of clubs will go bust further lower down the leagues but if they have no income then not sure what they can do. There will be businesses going in every walk of life by the time we get out of this.

Sadly the Government will have the final say in terms of allowing events like football behind closed doors or not. The Premier League might want to get going quicker but it won't be them that has the final say.

I'd love to say we will see games in July or August start behind closed doors as that would mean we are getting back to normal but I think it will be a lot longer.

Desperately sad to think we in all likelihood won't go the Lane for maybe 18 months to 2 years but not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Out of interest, what qualifies you to make predictions like “we in all likelihood won't go the Lane for maybe 18 months to 2 years”?

Out of interest, what qualifies you to make predictions like “we in all likelihood won't go the Lane for maybe 18 months to 2 years”?

Watch the news. Listen to what they say. Until a vaccine is found social distancing in some aspect alongside widespread testing is going to happen. Football stadiums etc will for obvious reasons be amongst the last things to have restrictions lifted.

I have no qualifications to make predictions. However, I am basing them on experts from the Imperial College and the Deputy Chief Medical Officer who are saying we will have social distancing in some form for up to 18 months. That places any football spectating a long way away.

Any form of social distancing will put Sport/theatre/cinema/music performance attendance firmly in the category of non essential gathering and would surely be the last things to be allowed to happen?

Until there is a vaccine do you think they will allow 15, 30,000 - 50,000 people to mix for something non essential?

I have no qualifications to make predictions. However, I am basing them on experts from the Imperial College and the Deputy Chief Medical Officer who are saying we will have social distancing in some form for up to 18 months. That places any football spectating a long way away.

Any form of social distancing will put Sport/theatre/cinema/music performance attendance firmly in the category of non essential gathering and would surely be the last things to be allowed to happen?

Until there is a vaccine do you think they will allow 15, 30,000 - 50,000 people to mix for something non essential?

I’ve not heard anything to suggest it could be as long as two years. As it’s a new virus, I don’t think anyone knows anything for sure. These are all just predictions aren’t they?

How do you know we won’t have herd immunity in a year? How do you know the social distancing won’t be limited to the most vulnerable only?

From an economic stand point, you can’t ban people from any form of entertainment/hospitality for 18 months. That’s an industry worth billions and employs a hell of a lot of people. We can’t put them all on furlough for 18 months.

My god there is some doom and gloom on here. A lockdown for another two months would not be enforceable people will not stand for it even if you put armed police and the army on the streets. I would suggest there will be a relaxing of the restrictions by June or the government will be risking civil unrest we are not like communist China where most of the population do as they are told without question by nature or by fear if that doesn't work.

It’ll more likely be if you renew for next season you get a discount of say 20% to make up for what we might not get to see. It’s win win really,we get a discount & club get a season ticket renewal.

Back
Top Bottom