Season Tickets General Sale / Moving Seats

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it just me, or does that seem...expensive? Even the student season ticket I thought was about £150 about 7 years ago when I had one.
£400 to sit on the kop for 23 home games is just over £17 a match. That seems cheaper than I expected?

EDIT: Actually the other stands at over £500 works out at more than £20 a match which does seem a bit high for season ticket prices

Is it just me, or does that seem...expensive? Even the student season ticket I thought was about £150 about 7 years ago when I had one.
I think they are full whack prices. No renewal prices?

£400 to sit on the kop for 23 home games is just over £17 a match. That seems cheaper than I expected?

EDIT: Actually the other stands at over £500 works out at more than £20 a match which does seem a bit high for season ticket prices
Cost me 19.90 odd per game to buy a ticket in the westfield stand. Seems cheap to me that personally.

I assume approximate price banding will be £20/£25/£35 for what used to be Categories C, B and A. In which case there is a definite saving there. Dunno, maybe it's because I haven't checked the prices in a while, or always used to get a renewal/early bird offer but was just a bit higher than I was expecting.

To counter, it guarantees you a Prem ST if you want one I guess, rather than waiting until the lottery of general sale, should we go up.

no but the name on your driving licence photo ID will need to match the name on your season ticket.

But.. Does anyone honestly belive everyone will be checked when thousands turned up at 2:45pm to get in…
None of that happened to any of us for the Burnley game. No ask for ID upon entry, no checking of the name, nothing.

no but the name on your driving licence photo ID will need to match the name on your season ticket.

But.. Does anyone honestly belive everyone will be checked when thousands turned up at 2:45pm to get in…
No. didn't even check ours at the Burnley game with 2000 there. Just won’t happen.

The ID thing is just a false threat. They have to say it kind of thing.

For the Burnley game I got a message saying that I needed to take photo ID but never got asked for it…

A season ticket should get you a seat, whoever sits in it. After all you’ve paid for it. I’ve long shared mine with one of my sons.
Same as a rail season ticket should be. Making them non-transferable is a racket that cannot be justified.
I worked for newspapers. I don’t recall stipulating that if you bought one, you were the only person allowed to read it.

The issue with sharing STs is that unlike buying a newspaper, you own the newspaper. You don't own your seat - you're, in effect, hiring it.

Sharing season tickets reduces income for the club - if you can't attend and your mate, son whatever, uses it, it means they aren't buying a ticket for themselves thus, the club loses income

Last edited:
The issue with sharing STs is that unlike buying a newspaper, you own the newspaper. You don't own your seat - you're, in effect, hiring it.

Sharing season tickets reduces income for the club - if you can't attend and your mate, son whatever, uses it, it means they aren't buying a ticket for themselves thus, the club loses income
But the money is accounted for already. Your 'hiring' the seat for 23 games, they cant resell your ticket if you dont attend. The only money they lose out on is if the person attending in your place was going to buy a ticket, but i think in most cases thats incorrect.

But the money is accounted for already. Your 'hiring' the seat for 23 games, they cant resell your ticket if you dont attend. The only money they lose out on is if the person attending in your place was going to buy a ticket, but i think in most cases thats incorrect.

Freeloaders you mean?

In any case, the T&Cs state you can't share your ticket

Almost as bad as people with enough loyalty points getting away tickets to sold out matches, which they had no intention of going to anyway, and letting someone else use them

£205.25, which included credits for missed games the previous season.
23 games.
I was under the impression I had paid £245, The e-mail on Monday to move seats also said £245. I have had no previous confirmation e-mails but having said that I have had very little from the club last month, On checking my bank statement the discount has been applied so in fact I have paid less than £200 so yes less than £9 per game, what a bargain 😁

I was under the impression I had paid £245, The e-mail on Monday to move seats also said £245. I have had no previous confirmation e-mails but having said that I have had very little from the club last month, On checking my bank statement the discount has been applied so in fact I have paid less than £200 so yes less than £9 per game, what a bargain 😁
If only Monty and Benty were still playing it would be the bargain of the century. 😁

Probably been up since the Burnley game. All restrictions should be lifted by then and they ain’t exactly selling season tickets with social distancing in mind
It is from the Burnley game -

Grabbed my first season ticket since I was about 8 years old. Moved to London when I was 9, I moved back to Sheffield about 9 years ago but can finally afford one of the bastards. Well happy with myself today!

Also £17.50 a game means I have some pre-match beer money an all.
671AD000-B323-4903-8CB2-8489EB60B4C4.gif

But when they sell you a season ticket, it’s on the assumption that you will use it for 23 games. They get the income from that and recognise that they forgo any further income from that seat. The seat has been sold for the season.
If for whatever reason you can’t get to a game, and a family member or friend uses it, the club is no worse off. In fact it gains from a better atmosphere and extra support rather than you just not going and leaving the seat empty.

But when they sell you a season ticket, it’s on the assumption that you will use it for 23 games. They get the income from that and recognise that they forgo any further income from that seat. The seat has been sold for the season.
If for whatever reason you can’t get to a game, and a family member or friend uses it, the club is no worse off. In fact it gains from a better atmosphere and extra support rather than you just not going and leaving the seat empty.

I stand by my point if view and it still, as I said in a follow-up post, contradicts the T&Cs.
The club is worse off because the person using the seat hasn't paid for their seat and thus the club loses money.

Back
Top Bottom