Season Tickets General Sale / Moving Seats

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

John Street West Terrace

Reaction score
Are season tickets on general sale yet ? I know the renewal date expired on 28th May .. a few mates are wanting to get em & I don’t think it’s the easiest getting through on the phone in work hours ?

The extent to which Covid restrictions may or may not be lifted must surely affect the question of whether or how many new STs the Club decide to sell. What would be the point of selling as many as you can , only to find that capacity is limited by Covid + you have to refund thousands of them ? All of the admin time taken to sell them + then refund them would be an unnecessary waste.

I rang a few days after renewal date ended wanting to try and get a season ticket for granddaughter with us if possible, was told they would be available in about 3 weeks which is should be about 21 June?

I think the delays that look like they are coming to opening up means capacity will still be restricted August (I'm guessing 50-75% tops) means there won't be any more season tickets sold or if they are new ones sold they will probably have to wait to attend and be done on a pro rata sale basis for the games they see. Don't anticipate any walk up first few months.

It's bloody crap but if they delay opening up fully for 4 weeks as rumoured then as we have seen before it's unlikely the date end of July will be stuck to either.

Full grounds still seem a long way off and not sure many of us will be going to away games next season.

Rubbish.

I rang a few days after renewal date ended wanting to try and get a season ticket for granddaughter with us if possible, was told they would be available in about 3 weeks which is should be about 21 June?
Thanks for the info, your a gent.

The extent to which Covid restrictions may or may not be lifted must surely affect the question of whether or how many new STs the Club decide to sell. What would be the point of selling as many as you can , only to find that capacity is limited by Covid + you have to refund thousands of them ? All of the admin time taken to sell them + then refund them would be an unnecessary waste.
Very good points you make there, but as a business, surely it makes sense to sell what is available then, with covid restrictions in place, a greater number of supporter will be in the 'hat' for selection, thus placating the masses, and when the restrictions are off it's plain sailing.
Those who miss games can refund or get a reduction on the following seasons ticket.
Any extra cost to the club, if any, will be taken up by PL money in season '22-'23,
................... Blades are going to be there, aren't they?🤔....................of course.:)

I've no idea what will happen but someone I know from the Pig ticket office says they're expecting notable restrictions on capacity come August.

I declare bankruptcy Blank Template - Imgflip

I think the delays that look like they are coming to opening up means capacity will still be restricted August (I'm guessing 50-75% tops) means there won't be any more season tickets sold or if they are new ones sold they will probably have to wait to attend and be done on a pro rata sale basis for the games they see. Don't anticipate any walk up first few months.

It's bloody crap but if they delay opening up fully for 4 weeks as rumoured then as we have seen before it's unlikely the date end of July will be stuck to either.

Full grounds still seem a long way off and not sure many of us will be going to away games next season.

Rubbish.
Have to agree, our ego centric leader decided not to shut the border with India when clearly we should have done at least 2 weeks earlier. Thus fucking it up for the population who had pretty much done as they were asked since the previous fuck up in Autumn.

Due to this we wont be getting unfettered attendances much before Nov Dec this year, if then.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

Have to agree, our ego centric leader decided not to shut the border with India when clearly we should have done at least 2 weeks earlier. Thus fucking it up for the population who had pretty much done as they were asked since the previous fuck up in Autumn.

Due to this we wont be getting unfettered attendances much before Nov Dec this year, if then.

Hope I'm proved wrong.
Yeah that's my worry.

I thought we might be not far off capacity a month or so ago but the mood has changed in what may happen. There is little chance of it bring much more than 50% I think if graph keeps going the same way unfortunately. It might not even be that much.

Then Oct time there might be issues with the weather/cold etc and restrictions might be imposed again like last year if new strains cause issues.

I said full crowds would not be back till 21-22 ages ago which people slated me for. I was hoping I was wrong but now it's unlikely we are going to see full crowds or close to it until maybe next spring at earliest. We may get to see some games next year but going week in, week out in a normal way seems a thing of the past.

You wonder now 18 months into this whether we will ever see things ever get back to normal as negative as that sounds. Everyone said once those vulnerablewere jabbed we'd get all ourcfreedkms back. That has and is clearlynot going to happen. I am not getting into what the gov should or should not too much but I think after everyone is jabbed we have to just get on and should only shut down if new strains lead to huge hospitalisation/ deaths again. However I am now resigned to life might never be the same again which is depressing.

Certainly football might not be close to normal for a very long time as they still may not allow huge crowds together for a long time. Makes me really sad.

I believe we could get back to the normal we knew, COVID will be managed by regular (yearly) vaccinations much like flu.
It will be sometime before this happens though and so many people have developed a different way of living it will never be quite the same, perhaps that's no bad thing. I used to spend up to 1.5 hrs a day travelling between North Derbyshire and Rotherham every day. I will never do it again I only need to be in the office 1 day a week, if that. Good for the planet and good for me.

I just cant get to grips with political leadership (that can be of any hue by the way), that puts their pointless dogma in front of its citizens.
After all in any democratic society the following is paramount.
"The first responsibility of any Government is to protect its citizens"
Quite remarkably this very quote was uttered by our Secretary of State for Health in August last year.

You couldn't make it up.

And yes it makes me sad too.

Next season I think we will get ..

50 % capacity in August - October

25 % capacity (maybe some behind closed doors) during November - February

50 % capacity March and April,

a bit Shit but we should all see some games as long the club does the distribution fairly.

Next season I think we will get ..

50 % capacity in August - October

25 % capacity (maybe some behind closed doors) during November - February

50 % capacity March and April,

a bit Shit but we should all see some games as long the club does the distribution fairly.
I think that's a reasonable estimate. It's frustrating as a few weeks ago it looked like we may be all back but it's not going to happen now.

I think that's a reasonable estimate. It's frustrating as a few weeks ago it looked like we may be all back but it's not going to happen now.

Really going to miss the big Boxing Day / New Years games.. can’t see them allowing full houses at games in the midwinter for a good few years yet.

If it drags on for years there must be a case for switching to a summer season

I've no idea what will happen but someone I know from the Pig ticket office says they're expecting notable restrictions on capacity come August.
Won't really matter for them anyway ....
Average attendance for the pub lge was only around 8000 ,so expect their attendance to plummet when they're struggling mid table 😉

I can see this new Delta strain putting a stop on lifting restrictions just when we thought the worst was over we must surely be looking at a continuation of restrictions and the possibility of more refunds for missed games ☹️

That could just be because they cant afford any staff in the ground though, nevermind beers, pies or electric, oh, and the grass is 2ft high.

Eh? I'm a bit confused.
So, it's looking like they'll be delaying lifting ALL restrictions on the 21st June and I'm guessing this delay will probably be what, anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks so that'll take us to say 19th July.
The season doesn't start till August by which time you'd surely hope restrictions will have been lifted by then SURELY??! Plus there'll be millions more vaccinated by then too.
Think we all need to chill, come August time you would hope that we can then be treated just like Snooker and Cricket fans (I.e. crack on, do as wish, full capacity, don't worry about wearing masks etc).

Hope I'm proved wrong.
The Indian variant was not known about two weeks earlier. We could of course just stop all travel and then we would be fine ! Just short of food and other essentials !

They should have shut the border at least two weeks earlier on 9th April. as they did with Pakistan and Bangladesh, who had a lower incidence of cases per head by a considerable amount. In India cases were running at 160000 per day which would rise rapidly to 400000, this was only looking at cases in the cities and is thought to be a huge under estimation of the actual figure. At that level India was one fucking massive petri dish with all sort of mutations of the virus.
It is irrelevant when we found the variant here because it came from India on one of the many flights that arrived in that period or maybe before.
Funnily enough I've not yet heard about he Portuguese variant, yet we decided to ramp up border controls last week.

The borders weren't shut with India early enough and now we are reaping what this government has sown. Its not as if enough people were calling for the borders to be shut because they were,

Weird how Boris finally cancelled his planned trip to India to discuss a trade deal the day they shut the border.

I just think its very sad, not the least that I will probably not be able to watch my team in a packed Lane, due to this shambles.

But Hey Snowflake (as our Kev would say) you are welcome to your own thoughts and opinions, as am I. Good luck.

Would be good to know when. My lad wants to move. Do you know when this opens

Was expecting anytime soon, but not sure. I need to shift one closer to me too :)

Back
Top Bottom