Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

• I am a season ticket holder, had both jabs and I am going to the match

Votes: 400 76.6%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had one jab and I am going to the match

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • I am a season ticket holder, still waiting for the jab and I am going to the match

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • I am a season ticket holder, I refuse to be jabbed and I am going to the match

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had both jabs but not going to the match

Votes: 54 10.3%
  • I am a season ticket holder, had one jab but not going to the match

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I am a season ticket holder, still waiting for the jab so I am not going to the match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a season ticket holder, I refuse to be jabbed so I am not going to the match

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I went to Wembley for the Euros and if that experience is anything to go by Saturday will feel perfectly normal. Bring it on, can't wait

Here's what the Club have said in their email today :

" ... Whilst social distancing measures have been removed, we politely ask that all supporters are respectful and considerate towards others whose circumstances may differ to their own.

All supporters entering the stadium at the weekend are advised to wear a face covering when not eating or drinking and although this is not regulation, the club is adopting this advice with safety paramount in our planning...."

But I suppose you "don't give a shit".

I wonder if you have ever done anything which was not purely for yourself ?

We all realise that wearing a mask protects others more than it protects the wearer.

So wearing a mask in a crowded place is a selfless act , which shows some consideration for your fellow members of society.

You seem proud of your uncaring nature. Well , it's a free country and you're entitled to be as selfish as you wish.

But there was no need to mock 'Blend it Like Harris' on this thread for expressing his fears.

" ... I'd LOVE to be there, but knowing that most won't bother to wear a mask I'm staying home ..."

He's doing exactly what you suggest - staying at home !

Because of people like you.
People like me who have stopped wearing masks...like nearly everyone

I have had both jabs and will be attending the match. I will also be wearing a mask as my wife is heavily pregnant and if she goes into labour and I test positive for Covid (you have to do a test to come into the hospital when they are in labour) I wont be allowed into the hospital which is ridiculous but that's what the NHS has decided the rules are.

Its frustrating as I don't want to wear a mask as I believe that we wouldn't be wearing masks if this was seasonal flu and there has to be a point where we stop the lateral flow tests and acknowledge this will be around for years to come.

Must admit I'm feeling a little apprehensive what with reading Sheffield Struggles thread and all Social distancing protocol removed.
Still cannot wait though.
Be interesting to find out if Sheffield has changed in 18 month.

I have had both jabs and will be attending the match. I will also be wearing a mask as my wife is heavily pregnant and if she goes into labour and I test positive for Covid (you have to do a test to come into the hospital when they are in labour) I wont be allowed into the hospital which is ridiculous but that's what the NHS has decided the rules are.

Its frustrating as I don't want to wear a mask as I believe that we wouldn't be wearing masks if this was seasonal flu and there has to be a point where we stop the lateral flow tests and acknowledge this will be around for years to come.
Hang on a minute, am I reading this right? You think its ridiculous that an NHS hospital won't allow you in if you test positive for Covid?

Hang on a minute, am I reading this right? You think its ridiculous that an NHS hospital won't allow you in if you test positive for Covid?
Yes because the government said they didn't need to do this, along with scientific advisors, however they have decided against that. Even though we live together on a daily basis I wont be allowed in the room. They also will allow pregnant women with Covid who are in labour into the hospital to deliver a child. Whats the difference in regards to spreading the virus between myself and her?

I also wont be allowed into the hospital until she is 3cm dilated either, i have to sit in the carpark of Jessops, also ridiculous.

Ill also add that at not one scan/test/appointment we have had over the previous 34 weeks have we had to do lateral flow tests to see if we are allowed into the hospital. If we went in for a scan today and there was a complication and they had to do an emergency C section there and then, they wouldn't have tested me on entry. Which is why its ridiculous. Either test from day 1 or dont at all.

Last edited:
Yes because the government said they didn't need to do this, along with scientific advisors, however they have decided against that. Even though we live together on a daily basis I wont be allowed in the room. They also will allow pregnant women with Covid who are in labour into the hospital to deliver a child. Whats the difference in regards to spreading the virus between myself and her?

I also wont be allowed into the hospital until she is 3cm dilated either, i have to sit in the carpark of Jessops, also ridiculous.

Ill also add that at not one scan/test/appointment we have had over the previous 34 weeks have we had to do lateral flow tests to see if we are allowed into the hospital. If we went in for a scan today and there was a complication and they had to do an emergency C section there and then, they wouldn't have tested me on entry. Which is why its ridiculous. Either test from day 1 or dont at all.
Oh I see, I was under the impression no-one was allowed in any NHS hospital if they tested positive.
Agreed about the 3cm dilation rule. However, with both our kids my Missus was 3cm dilated before she got in the car🤣
Good luck with the birth and hope you get in👍

Mate of my dad’s attended the birth of his son. Fainted and hit his head on the corner of a cabinet, ended up in bed in another ward.
Anyway, good luck and congratulations.

Oh I see, I was under the impression no-one was allowed in any NHS hospital if they tested positive.
Agreed about the 3cm dilation rule. However, with both our kids my Missus was 3cm dilated before she got in the car🤣
Good luck with the birth and hope you get in👍

Mate of my dad’s attended the birth of his son. Fainted and hit his head on the corner of a cabinet, ended up in bed in another ward.
Anyway, good luck and congratulations.
Thank you both, its Twins. One named William one Edward (Our Billeh and King Keith Edwards). Mrs is non the wiser on the Edward one!

Has this just been brought in then?

We had a baby 8 weeks ago and I didnt have to do any test to get into Jessops but did have to wear a mask (except when eating and they were very generous with the tea and busciuts), the misses had to have one though but I think that was because she didnt need to wear a mask at all.

Congratulations and hope everything goes as swimmingly as it did for us.

All that research is based on protection to the wearer of the mask, not those around them, so it's really quite misleading. If you unknowingly have covid this weekend at the match, sing your heart out on the kop, cough. sneeze and blather all day in and around the ground, you WILL infect 1000s!
But will wearing a mask afford any protection in those circumstances ?

Has this just been brought in then?

We had a baby 8 weeks ago and I didnt have to do any test to get into Jessops but did have to wear a mask (except when eating and they were very generous with the tea and busciuts), the misses had to have one though but I think that was because she didnt need to wear a mask at all.

Congratulations and hope everything goes as swimmingly as it did for us.
Yeah since the rules have been relaxed its a new thing. Hence the ridiculousness of the situation!

Yeah since the rules have been relaxed its a new thing. Hence the ridiculousness of the situation!

Yep, the worlds gone potty.

No restrictions to go to the footy for the next 2 months but then all of a sudden youll need to have had 2 jabs which dont stop you spreading it and yet a negative test proving youve not got it is not good enough. Madness.

Anyway, good luck and get lots of sleep in the mean time as itll be a long time before you get any again

I’ll need to create all the noise possible to boo that bloody knee. I can’t be having a mask on.

LOL....I will go to the match with no mask...i dont give a shit who thinks thats selfish.If you are scared of maskless people...stay at home.
This thread was going well, much better than the similar threads in the General Chat section, which regularly descend into abuse rather than discussion. It is important to remember that the subject of vaccine passports and masks is one where competing freedoms meet: the right of an individual to move freely, and the right of an individual not to be harmed by the actions of others. I have so far been persuaded by points made on both sides on this thread, which is how such a topic needs to be discussed - there are valid points on both sides, and we all need to try to understand the other’s point of view, even if we disagree with them. Otherwise, we just end up shouting at each other.
One of the earliest cases of this type of public health restriction was that of ‘Typhoid Mary’ (google it). She was an Irish cook working in the USA in the early 1900s, and was what we would now call an asymptomatic typhoid-carrier, and refused to go along with the health authorities’ attempts to isolate her from others. She was responsible for a huge spread of the disease, but at the same time what happened to her appears shocking. There are 2 sides to the freedoms/restrictions we are discussing, and amongst a group of like-minded people (Blades), we should at the very least be able to try to understand each other.

I’ll need to create all the noise possible to boo that bloody knee. I can’t be having a mask on.

Ahh but the way things are going……booing the knee might become a banning offence.

So at least wearing a mask means you’re covert, the HD CCTV won’t pick it up, so with a mask you can boo knowing you’ll be undetected.

Ahh but the way things are going……booing the knee might become a banning offence.

So at least wearing a mask means you’re covert, the HD CCTV won’t pick it up, so with a mask you can boo knowing you’ll be undetected.
Anyone booing the knee needs lobbing in the canal!

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
Thats ok..i think you are an utter arsehole.
Get yourself on the pitch by the dugout and boo the knee then big man. But no, you won't, will you? Because you'd rather hide in a crowd and seed disruption. Typical selfish cowardly cunt!

Back
Top Bottom