Scrapping between Blades at Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The fans around us in Block 506 were horrendous. We constantly tried to get some atmosphere going and also tried to raise people up. The way we got gawped at was as though we'd asked people to perform heart surgery. There was only a couple behind us and a couple of front who were joining in around where we were.

For me, the fans let us down yet again. I know Huddersfield just clapped and had some boring chant going off, but they did make a lot more noise than us. I can't remember there being too many times when the whole Blades end sang in rendition. Rubbish again.

For me, the fans let us down yet again. I know Huddersfield just clapped and had some boring chant going off, but they did make a lot more noise than us. I can't remember there being too many times when the whole Blades end sang in rendition. Rubbish again.

Disagree. Once again, when it mattered, the team gave us nothing to get excited about. The fans were bound to be nervy given the way we have capitulated as a team & our abysmal record in finals - and yesterday the total absence of any attacking intent just added to the nerves. It looked like we played for penalties - & then contrived to fck it up after they missed their 1st 3.

Generally speaking, the support has been brilliant this season. Our away followings have been awesome at times. The fans have done their bit this season. Unfortunately, without Ched & McDonald, the team isn't good enough.

Towards the end it's more understandable as people get nervous. But right from the off nobody around us gave a shit.

And I agree on the away followings. I suppose it's that old thing that at games like Wembley you get fans going who don't do the away matches/don't go as much.

Saw the 'nearly scrap' in 109 as was sat behind it. Funny thing was everyone thought the guy in the hat was an old timer and even had chants of 'sit down granddad' thrown at him. Took his flat cap off and he was only 30ish, poor bugger!

Very hard to generate atmosphere when you're effectively in a sauna. The Hudds fans were lucky in that they remained shaded for the entirety.

Also in block 109 in front 'dom'. Couldn't work out what he was shouting, but our Jack said it was believe, over and over ond over again. He may have got thrown out, but he was soon back in again. I thought Mister green shirt was going to have a heart attack!

I was just to the right in the shade , people shouting very loudly at each other when there are about 20 in between was hardly big ,certainly wasnt clever ,I lost interest as soon as Utd staged an attack.

f**ck me !" were we all in block 109 ?

f**ck me !" were we all in block 109 ?
I got really lucky ,the sun had got up to my chest by the time Simmo missed ,they were dropping like blubbery wet flies in the rows in front of me.

There were about 15 of us in 108... Though me and Linz later shifted into the £64 section on the side in the shade.

Half of us were spending most of our energy warding off heatstroke! At least one chap collapsed and I'm not bloody surprised.

I felt disgustingly ill during half time and luckily had only had 4 pints pre match. Was even in the shade too. Would've hated to have been one of those who'd consumed a skinful sat in the sun!

Apparently they've opened the roof fully today which increases air circulation. They've been better closing the bloody thing and getting the air con on!

There was a bit of fisticuffs near us in 519, some pissheads smoking the old jamaican woodbines kicked off when a guy asked them to move away from where his kids were sat. All over in a couple of minutes though.

There were some Blades fans brawling across the road from Stanmore tube station after the match. At least I think they were all Blades but it was hard to tell what had gone off.

One lad with his shirt off was getting repeatedly chased and kicked by an older guy who had a bust nose and then there was another bloke breaking out some judo stance as he was scything his way across the grass. Then all hell broke loose when the cavalry arrived.

With water at £2.20 a bottle, it was a relief when the first aiders started doling out water in the concourse, must have saved me a tenner!

With water at £2.20 a bottle, it was a relief when the first aiders started doling out water in the concourse, must have saved me a tenner!

They only did that because the bars closed before full time meaning nothing was open during extra time. I think it's disgusting charging that price for water when you can't take your own in on a hot day like that.

They only did that because the bars closed before full time meaning nothing was open during extra time. I think it's disgusting charging that price for water when you can't take your own in on a hot day like that.
They did let us bring our own drinks in, but we had to transfer it into glasses just inside the turnstiles.

I think it's taking the piss.......the National Stadium closing food and drink kiosks down during a match.

Water should be made readily available in such conditions. Surely within the prices they charge this should be a given.

Pathetic!

The fans of Sheffield United are far from rubbish. There aren't many clubs who could continually fuck things up in true SUFC tradition and still take the numbers that we did yesterday. Yet again in a big game the players didn't play, the manager didn't change things and the outcome was prdeictable. There was nothing to sing about yesterday, the team didn't inspire us and it really wouldn't have mattered if the greasy chip butty had been belted out for 90 minutes solid. The team wasn't good enough, the players gave the impression that they couldn't be arsed to run about too much in the heat and so it came to pass. We messed up again.

Don't blame the fans, we can't affect the result no matter how the club spins it to get our hard earned cash from us.

Why is it we always get the sunny side? Against Palace at the old Wembley I got really badly sunburnt, Burnley was sat further back in the shade and wasn't as hot but still must have been warm for those Blades in the sun and yesterday luckily I was far enough back to be out of the sun but felt really sorry for those baking below.

It's difficult to cheer the team on with the sun in your eyes in baking heat but from where I was sat I thought everyone did us proud.

UTB

Disagree. Once again, when it mattered, the team gave us nothing to get excited about. The fans were bound to be nervy given the way we have capitulated as a team & our abysmal record in finals - and yesterday the total absence of any attacking intent just added to the nerves. It looked like we played for penalties - & then contrived to fck it up after they missed their 1st 3.

Generally speaking, the support has been brilliant this season. Our away followings have been awesome at times. The fans have done their bit this season. Unfortunately, without Ched & McDonald, the team isn't good enough.

Spot on. For the whatever time in a big game, we've witnessed the Blades barely have a shot on target. It's impossible to get excited for 90 minutes with nothing in return. Throw in baking heat, and our lack (thank god) of european plastic style sing along a rent a tune songs, and I think we did OK. Wembley is totally crap for atmosphere though.

UTB

We don't get the singing in unison on the Kop, yet still wonder why we don't get it going at Wembley.
I think those who claim a higher degree of Bladeness because they sing throughout and others don't are a little deluded though. It's as futile as pissing in the sea and measuring the water height.

We don't get the singing in unison on the Kop, yet still wonder why we don't get it going at Wembley.
I think those who claim a higher degree of Bladeness because they sing throughout and others don't are a little deluded though. It's as futile as pissing in the sea and measuring the water height.

You farted louder than most of the singing!

Bit of a long title though.......

Could it just be "dicks"

Keenzy and Mousey would have posted then?

Also looked to be some problems down to the right as well. All while the Blades were attacking. Mind you, given the poor final balls all day, they probably felt that they were not missing much.

Directly in front of me this one. Towards end of game.. Couple of blokes started shouting saying everybody was wankers because we werent singing. Then everybody stood up "cos they hate Wednesday" and they told them to sit down?!?!

Thats when it kicked off.

Tosspots

That was very noticeable during the Geasy Chip Buttie at the start of play. There were about four versions which all started at different times! BUT,far rather that than that awful plastic clapping and 'Huddersfield, Huddersfield' Talk about, you've only got one song.

Back
Top Bottom