sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Amazing to think that a player who we know is as soft as shite, who doesnt like it when he's pressed and kicked, was allowed the freedom of Bramall Lane this afternoon.

The old Wilder would have told Arblaster to kick him up in the air in the first minute, with Souza to level him in the 2nd.

The amount of space we gave him was ludicrous.

And for the record, I was one of the ones who booed him. I'd had two Peronis on an empty stomach and it was funny, so i joined in. So there.
Maybe he is a good player and they couldn't get anywhere near him ,worth a thought

Berge was the best footballer on the pitch today. Gave the ball away once in 90 minutes. Bodied Mcburnie off it twice and beat him in the air twice. Each to their own but I was disappointed to hear the booing by the neanderthals. The club got rid of him and he's been a big miss. Hamer was a bit better today but not on Berge’s level.
He was very good. I was amazed how much space we gave him though.

Thought the level of booing was embarrassing and probably only served to drive him on.

Considering he contributed to our joint best finish in 50 years and helped get us promoted back to the PL it all felt a bit unedifying for me.

He was the best midfielder on show for me.

Thought the level of booing was embarrassing and probably only served to drive him on.

Considering he contributed to our joint best finish in 50 years and helped get us promoted back to the PL it all felt a bit unedifying for me.

He was the best midfielder on show for me.

Can't agree, he was average at best and lets be right we do our job in the first half we are 2 up instead of them.

Berge was sideways passing more than he has driving them forward. He won a header though so that's something. Unless he turned into Rodri or KBD in the last 15 minutes when I fucked off?

Berge was the best footballer on the pitch today. Gave the ball away once in 90 minutes. Bodied Mcburnie off it twice and beat him in the air twice. Each to their own but I was disappointed to hear the booing by the neanderthals. The club got rid of him and he's been a big miss. Hamer was a bit better today but not on Berge’s level.
Spot on, quality player.

Can't agree, he was average at best and lets be right we do our job in the first half we are 2 up instead of them.

Berge was sideways passing more than he has driving them forward. He won a header though so that's something. Unless he turned into Rodri or KBD in the last 15 minutes when I fucked off?
He brought the ball forward several times and played a number of incisive passes.

His best performances for us were on the right imho. His performance more central today was better than what we saw for me.

Reactions: RWE
Amazing to think that a player who we know is as soft as shite, who doesnt like it when he's pressed and kicked, was allowed the freedom of Bramall Lane this afternoon.

The old Wilder would have told Arblaster to kick him up in the air in the first minute, with Souza to level him in the 2nd.

And for the record, I was one of the ones who booed him. I'd had two Peronis on an empty stomach and it was funny, so i joined in. So there.
Souza couldn’t level a pancake.

Did you actually watch the game? He played several incisive passes in behind the full back to send them away. I get you don't rate him but your dislike has blinded you today.

Annoyed me how much time we gave him on the ball. We gave him the space to run forward and pass it around and look good. Annoyed me no one clatters into him early on and took a yellow on the chin. Don’t advocate for injuring him but let him know he’s in for a game. We know he wouldn’t have retaliated and would have more than likely retreated into his shell. They played with so they no his weaknesses but thought he was one of their better players today. I didn’t boo him (don’t care enough and he didn’t do anything wrong for us just didn’t live up to expectation). At times we were sat so deep and just let them have so much time, we looked like the away team. Just really angry at the whole team, Wilder and the Prince.

Nothing special, would much rather have Hamer next season - who is starting to look the part

we gave him the freedom of bramall lane because souza is doing a lundstrum and has downed tools he should never be allowed to put the shirt on again but hes not on his own add mcburnie trusty anel and that complete joke of a keeper weve got between the sticks all 4 should be booted out of the club and quick

On this basis then we have to assume that the Prince was lying to us when he said that he was crying when Ndiaye left fhe club... he didn't want him to leave and did everythinf that he cpuld to make him stay. He was so upset when he chose to join Marseille.
I dont believe a word Princey says tbh!

Ndiaye would deserve it, certainly more than Berge does.
Ndiaye strung us along all summer and then left at the last minute, Berge would have stayed rather than going to Burnley if the club weren't desperate to cash in on a ten million loss.
We banked 10 million and spent it on Souza. Hindsight, I know, but not great business.

Showed a lot of what we’ve been missing all season. Tidy in possession, rarely gives it away whilst always trying to make himself available to receive it. Patient and didn’t rush with it needlessly. It was a controlled performance from him in a position we’ve struggled with all season.

And the booing was a joke for me. He didn’t need a heroes welcome, but to boo his every touch is just a bit weird IMO. He contributed significantly to win us promotion last season and is by all accounts a really likeable lad who did his best for us. The club have hawked him around window after window until they finally sold him, all the while he knuckled down, never complained and got on with his job. His biggest crime seems to be that he didn’t want to sign a new contract for this absolute joke of a football club right now, and why would he? Granted Burnley isn’t a great move, and they’ll be coming down with us. But they are light years ahead of where we are as a team and that was very clear for all to see today.

The sideways pass comments are comical. Someone should let all the top clubs in europe know that they are doing it wrong and launching it forward is the way. Can’t believe Iniesta, Modric, Xavi, KBD etc never get called out 🤔

Fantastic to see the boo boys gain maximum traction in disrupting our previous player 😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Ran the show.

You didn’t need to be Einstein to know this.

Some of our fans know better though 👀😉.

Embarrassing 🙈.

UTB

Berge had a decent season last season, would’ve thought that if he had any loyalty, like Ndiaye he/ they woukd’ve been offered or signed contract extensions with release clauses in case we didn’t get up last season. Neither wanted to sign new contracts so we had to make something back before they went for free. It’s that simple. Yes there were mistakes made by the club for a long time with contracts and yes it was shocking timing to do it so late in the summer… but they didn’t want to be with the club long term. So they had to go.

I wasn’t particularly disappointed to lose Berge, decent player but not our type of player for this division. Was far better than Championship level in a decent side. Better than Souza, but I prefer Hamer to be honest.

As for booing, lots of returning players get booed, fairly normal. They also get applauded, but the booing is supposed to be a hostile act to put them off their game. Not sure it works

As others have said, we should’ve done a physical job on him, he’d disappear if we did. Sadly Souza took 40 mins to get close to him and Berge embarrassed him for most of the game without really doing much more than drift about in a fairly small area. The surging runs he did for us weren’t that common place today.

I’d rather have players of lesser quality that want to be at the club for the future or at least play like they do. Sadly we have so few of those at the club without Berge anyway, so we’re not really further forward than 12 months ago.

I’d be surprised if Burnley scrape survival and im not sure there will be many after him in the summer as Burnley will want him next season

Berge had a decent season last season, would’ve thought that if he had any loyalty, like Ndiaye he/ they woukd’ve been offered or signed contract extensions with release clauses in case we didn’t get up last season. Neither wanted to sign new contracts so we chose to make something back before they went for free.

ftfy

Back
Top Bottom