Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think we all he's likely to be off. If we can get at least our money back we should be happy.

I’d assume a relatively close eye is being kept on any interactions between us and Newcastle due to the nature of the ownership of both clubs.
Whatever do you mean I think 100 million is about the right price 😏

We all hope he can star for us but we've hardly built a reliance on him.

He's either been getting up to the pace, injured or had a small spell looking the most capable of a forlorn bunch.

But in terms of selling you'd have to say your ideal scenario is:
✅ January Transfer Window
✅ Desperate Club
✅ Ludicrously Rich Owners

So let's see but if they do come in, then selling at fair market value should be totally out of the window.

He could still end up being a differentiator in the remaining half season and we need to play on that, especially if there is any insecurity about MGW. It would be a pity to not really see Norwood, MGW and Berge together as I think this could be our best midfield.

Won't Berge have a release clause? Hope it's at least what we paid for him.

There's been talk in the last few days of big money offers being difficult to turn down and of the current squad, Berge is the one who by some distance is going to raise the most. To me, he's been fit to play for weeks and we're using him sparingly so I'd surprised if he stays.

What would worry me is the board having the sale of Berge lined up without any certainty that MGW will be recalled. If he were then we would have Norwood, Fleck, Hourihane and Osborn (I wouldn't count Slater, Freeman and Guedioura).

Stick Ndiaye in MF and we're weaker up front.

MF and CB are the two areas where Heckingbottom says we're light so I really hope the board don't 'go with what we've got' as we'll be weaker for it.

Newcastle are going to be linked with loads of players, I don't read too much into it.

I honestly don't think any premier league clubs are going to be rushing to sign him in January as he's hardly played, been mostly injured for the past year and when he has played, has hardly set the world alight. Unless of course we are offering him up for a fraction of what we paid.

Now if he starts playing regularly and well in the second half of the season, he may well go in the summer.

we were hopeful of offloading him in the summer to enable us to bank the 40m required to make up the profit deficit due to our relegation.
it subsequently goes without saying that we still need to offload someone to keep our head above water, I would rather he go than some of our young prospects

Newcastle are going to be linked with loads of players, I don't read too much into it.

I honestly don't think any premier league clubs are going to be rushing to sign him in January as he's hardly played, been mostly injured for the past year and when he has played, has hardly set the world alight. Unless of course we are offering him up for a fraction of what we paid.

Now if he starts playing regularly and well in the second half of the season, he may well go in the summer.
Exactly this, especially the first bit. Newcastle have basically become a dream for any lazy or uninformed journo seeking to fill a extra few column inches.

I take every one of their transfer links with a huge pinch of salt, including Sander.

I think there's a chance he could go in January, but due to limited proven fitness or form, I think the summer is most likely. He'll be planning his next move incredibly carefully though, as I'm sure he thinks of his move here as a relative disaster. Newcastle would be illogical in that sense, they are dire and at real risk of going down too, even if they are loaded. Then, the club is ran with the coherence of a drunken mad man, he'd be crazy to go there specifically.

Exactly this, especially the first bit. Newcastle have basically become a dream for any lazy or uninformed journo seeking to fill a extra few column inches.

I take every one of their transfer links with a huge pinch of salt, including Sander.

I think there's a chance he could go in January, but due to limited proven fitness or form, I think the summer is most likely. He'll be planning his next move incredibly carefully though, as I'm sure he thinks of his move here as a relative disaster. Newcastle would be illogical in that sense, they are dire and at real risk of going down too, even if they are loaded. Then, the club is ran with the coherence of a drunken mad man, he'd be crazy to go there specifically.

If I was Berge I would be wanting to go to Arsenal, a manager that would improve him playing a good style of football and pushing for trophy's what's not to like

As always if the price is right, then be open to the sale. If its not then tell them to do one. Newcastle can afford the going rate and then some so Utd should barter hard if the Geordies firm up their interest.

And even if they are struggling this season Newcastle are a genuinely massive club and if relegated would steam roller the championship next season. Berge could cement himself into a PL club with this move and set himself up financially for life.

They genuinely want him? then we need to see the colour of their money.

If I was Berge I would be wanting to go to Arsenal, a manager that would improve him playing a good style of football and pushing for trophy's what's not to like
I’m sure he would. I will bare my arse on the town hall steps if he gets a move to the premier league.

Berge has to do something here for anybody to come in for him, particularly after the lengthy injuries. You might get a club that tests the waters at £10m to see how far they can push it, but I don't see us flogging at that.
I think we’ll deal at 10, and call it undisclosed to save the embarrassment, as a few whip up talk of £40m.

I don’t think so whilst the relation isn’t particularly close we are owned by members of the same extended family. A situation which is pretty unique as far as I can think of in English football at the moment.

Easy way to move cash from one investment fund to a club in a perfectly legitimate way. We could do with £35 million they could do with a CM, open goal.

Easy way to move cash from one investment fund to a club in a perfectly legitimate way. We could do with £35 million they could do with a CM, open goal.
I’d imagine there might be some oversight regarding Newcastle not receiving preferential treatment in regards to acquiring the player but if their bid is equal or greater than any other received then cushty. I don’t think anything untoward would happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if the FA watches it closely just to make sure.

Sander would piss this league , but he has been injured , pity we didn't see him play more before he goes !!

Sell him and get our money back as long as its reinvested in players .

I don't think Sander is the answer to the Bar Codes problems , might be a double relegation for him !!

I’d imagine there might be some oversight regarding Newcastle not receiving preferential treatment in regards to acquiring the player but if their bid is equal or greater than any other received then cushty. I don’t think anything untoward would happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if the FA watches it closely just to make sure.

Agreed that’s a given, but the prince and board have been touting £35 million for a while. Maybe what they truly believe as his value or the long game.

Sander would piss this league , but he has been injured , pity we didn't see him play more before he goes !!

Sell him and get our money back as long as its reinvested in players .

I don't think Sander is the answer to the Bar Codes problems , might be a double relegation for him !!
Woulda, shoulda, coulda…..didn’t. 👍

I still find it bizarre that people think someone who’s scored two goals in English football and spent most of his time injured, and hardly been that impressive whilst playing, can pick his next club.

I’m sure he can move slightly up from us if he starts showing what he can do, but not until.

Pointless buying someone who could be made of glass in January when he only gets cheaper and more proven in the summer. By then it’s anyone’s guess what happens.

He’s obviously got a lot of talent, but he’s a central midfielder who cannot tackle anyone remotely fast or skilful with a massive release clause. I’m not at all surprised he stayed and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him next season either.

Won't Berge have a release clause? Hope it's at least what we paid for him.
Is that a joke?

I know as a club we’ve done some pretty questionable financial negotiations in the past, but surely inserting a release clause of a value less than that we actually paid to sign a player, would require a whole new level of fuckwittery, wouldn’t it? 🤦🏻

Agreed that’s a given, but the prince and board have been touting £35 million for a while. Maybe what they truly believe as his value or the long game.
No way will we get back what we paid ,got to prove his fitness first after a serious hamstring injury.
He will have to be careful for the rest of his career which will stop us getting top dollar apart from as yet proving he's a top player.
6ft 5 yet a gentle giant doesn't really take advantage of his height and strength he has a lot to do to snare a top prem team

Wouldn't be at all awkward the prince asking his uncle for 35 mill quid to buy sander

Back
Top Bottom