Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Problem for Newcastle is, as usual managing the fans expectations, they may well be the richest club in the world, but unless they sign Mbappe, Messi or de Bruyne or any other top ten/twenty player in the world then the transfer window will be judged as a failure.

In a very awkward position, to escape relegation the need quality players that will hit the ground running and get results, Coutinho and Hazard have hardly kicked a ball in the last 12 months, not in form, would they and a few other almsot guarnatee promotion from the Championship next season, probably, highly unlikey to make a difference this year though, then again for a big pay packet, championship football could be very attractive, likewise the delights of Whitley bay over Barca or Madrid

Problem for Newcastle is, as usual managing the fans expectations, they may well be the richest club in the world, but unless they sign Mbappe, Messi or de Bruyne or any other top ten/twenty player in the world then the transfer window will be judged as a failure.

In a very awkward position, to escape relegation the need quality players that will hit the ground running and get results, Coutinho and Hazard have hardly kicked a ball in the last 12 months, not in form, would they and a few other almsot guarnatee promotion from the Championship next season, probably, highly unlikey to make a difference this year though, then again for a big pay packet, championship football could be very attractive, likewise the delights of Whitley bay over Barca or Madrid
I’d love it if they sign dembele from Barca plenty of evidence not interested in football and a racist would be a massive headline grabbing transfer almost guaranteed to flop and he’s rumoured to be available

I’d love it if they sign dembele from Barca plenty of evidence not interested in football and a racist would be a massive headline grabbing transfer almost guaranteed to flop and he’s rumoured to be available
tough window really, yes its great having the cash, but do they plan for a season in the Championship or roll the dice and try and sign players to stay up, safe to assume that St Max, Almiron etc will stick around if they go down, its not like a top 4 club will go after them.

tough window really, yes its great having the cash, but do they plan for a season in the Championship or roll the dice and try and sign players to stay up, safe to assume that St Max, Almiron etc will stick around if they go down, its not like a top 4 club will go after them.

I think they'll be clubs after Saint maximin, and decent clubs too. As an impact sub or someone who start 15-20 games a season, even if it's mostly in Europe, I could see any of the "big 6" taking a punt on him especially with his age.

I think they'll be clubs after Saint maximin, and decent clubs too. As an impact sub or someone who start 15-20 games a season, even if it's mostly in Europe, I could see any of the "big 6" taking a punt on him especially with his age.
Cant see it, but then again I can't see why Liverpool are supposedly interested in Jarrod Bowen or Raphina

I dunno I have a feeling St max might be one of those odd transfers to a really top club like the lad who left stoke for PSG although as a matter of pride now I’d be surprised if Newcastle’s new owners let him leave.

Cant see it, but then again I can't see why Liverpool are supposedly interested in Jarrod Bowen or Raphina
Liverpool is probably the best match for him IMO. Team that plays on the front foot and counter attacks with pace I think he'd be lethal.

Similar signing to jota. Think he's a natural replacement for mane in a few years

I dunno I have a feeling St max might be one of those odd transfers to a really top club like the lad who left stoke for PSG although as a matter of pride now I’d be surprised if Newcastle’s new owners let him leave.
i think as daft as it sounds, unless Howe puts someone on the transfer list no one from the youth teams to the first team will want to move, much prefer to stick around, negotiate a better deal and stick around for the ride, enjoy being part of the richest club, best facilities etc

i think as daft as it sounds, unless Howe puts someone on the transfer list no one from the youth teams to the first team will want to move, much prefer to stick around, negotiate a better deal and stick around for the ride, enjoy being part of the richest club, best facilities etc
I think they’ll move a shed load out I can see them really clearing the decks but they blew a lot of smoke up ASM’s arse when they came in Staveley wouldn’t shut up about him so there’s no way they’d sanction him moving.

Liverpool is probably the best match for him IMO. Team that plays on the front foot and counter attacks with pace I think he'd be lethal.

Similar signing to jota. Think he's a natural replacement for mane in a few years
I think Sane is a far better and more all round player, okay he doesn't have the lightning pace of St Max, but he is a far better finisher and provider, if Liverpool wanted that direct running option, there is the guy at Wolves

I think they’ll move a shed load out I can see them really clearing the decks but they blew a lot of smoke up ASM’s arse when they came in Staveley wouldn’t shut up about him so there’s no way they’d sanction him moving.
They have to move some on, no doubt,

They have to move some on, no doubt,
Newcastle 2 years from today will be unrecognisable they’ll follow the city blueprint 99% of the squad gone academy sides completely cleared out and the best teenager footballers poached from other clubs all over the country.

I think Sane is a far better and more all round player, okay he doesn't have the lightning pace of St Max, but he is a far better finisher and provider, if Liverpool wanted that direct running option, there is the guy at Wolves
Sane is at the moment I'd agree but he's on a downward curve for me these last 2 seasons. I think if you put ASM in a great team like Liverpool with a coach like Klopp and he becomes one of the best players in the Premier league in 3 years.

He's so much more than direct running, to compare him to traore is just a joke. He's just a rugby player in baby oil

Newcastle 2 years from today will be unrecognisable they’ll follow the city blueprint 99% of the squad gone academy sides completely cleared out and the best teenager footballers poached from other clubs all over the country.
Money talks, always has, always will, but I think there might be a few more bumps in the road, Man U, Chelsea etc won't stand by without doing something to try and stay 'in power' if they cant match the spending then they will look at other options to compete

Money talks, always has, always will, but I think there might be a few more bumps in the road, Man U, Chelsea etc won't stand by without doing something to try and stay 'in power' if they cant match the spending then they will look at other options to compete
I think Man U and Chelsea will continue to be competitive but someone is going to drop out to make way. It’ll probably be arsenal and Leicester

I think Man U and Chelsea will continue to be competitive but someone is going to drop out to make way. It’ll probably be arsenal and Leicester
I think a few clubs will be looking at their strategy, its not easy or simple or a lot of clubs would be copying Brentfords formula.

Leicester and Brighton have both bought very well, and consistently seem to unearth a few that are either missed, overlooked or not deemed good enough for Man U etc Tielemans and Trossard etc they will carry on unless Newcastle get Brightons sporting director or the demand for European football and a quicker return on investment sees them fishing in a far different 'pond'

World Cup next year. I doubt players who may lose their spot in their national team are going to stick around for the Championship.

Liverpool reported on a click bait site to be interested in Berg.
no doubt they have been impressed with him when he played against them in European competitio, klopp reportedly telling him how much he was admired.
deal to write off the balance of the Brewster money and then bonus payments on appearances etc. Would make sense

I am not certain you are right. Yes they will be aiming higher, but there are not a lot of quality players available in a January window and those that are will not want to be in a relegation fight with the prospect of Championship football.
Paying silly wages will not easily work under the current restrictions on finance.
We'll know in 30 odd days but I think they'll sign 4 or 5 players just about guaranteed to make their match day squad stronger. They will get those over the line.

No one at United will be on that list.

apart from the increase in his wages, why would you move to Newcastle they'll be in championship next season despite all their millions
& If he goes to Liverpool he'll only play 10 games a season
I don't think either move would be good for his football career his Bank manager and Agent will think differently tho

apart from the increase in his wages, why would you move to Newcastle they'll be in championship next season despite all their millions
& If he goes to Liverpool he'll only play 10 games a season
I don't think either move would be good for his football career his Bank manager and Agent will think differently tho
The big selling point for Newcastle is the assurance that eventually they will become dominant they’ll throw money at it until they do and I guess it’s up to the player to keep their spot.

they have the cash to buy who they like in January
stage 1 is staying up and they can do that with 3 or 4 players
Keiron Trippier is among those mooted to be going there
I believe they will stay up .... just
solely because of their credit rating

Back
Top Bottom