Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I doubt we'll get any silly money bids, which is why we'll be forced to accept less. I admire your efforts to find positives in our financial situation and I hope you're right. But I strongly suspect that selling Berge (and possibly Ramsdale) is central to our strategy for the coming season. We have just experienced a huge drop in revenue, parachute payments or not, and have a relatively poor owner. I can't see any other way of squaring the circle.
Yours sincerely Kevin Mcabe 😂😂

Not sure we are in a massive position of strength to be honest.

we can’t have 20m plus player unhappy (which he obviously will be after playing CL football 18months ago), plus a drop in revenue and presumably massive transfer fee payment outstanding on various signings

we are going to sell, it’s your Liverpool etc why are you waiting to be milked the price isn’t likely increasing the closer we get to the end of the window.

Why will he be unhappy playing in the Championship Kev ? Is there any evidence of this ?
If the team are pushing for promotion he will be fine, he doesn't strike me as angling for a move, causing trouble, having a bad attitude or creating problems of any kind. Plus, he's Scandinavian, so he's naturally calm and collected.
He'll go if we get the right deal, but he'll happily stay and do his best if we don't, just like 99% of players do.

Players who work hard and do the business get the big move one day regardless, throwing a strop and downing tools never works out for players regardless of what has been burned into the brains of most Sheffield United fans.

It's not as though his International prospects will be ruined, Norway will still pick him if he's outstanding at Championship level because they haven't got the English snobbery where a player can only be any good if he plays for one of the big six.

Seems fair. Not sure he'd be a full time starter for any Premier League team if coming off an injury and maybe risks a Saliba situation at Arsenal where they paid £27m and never played him?

Happy to see this from our board. Gone are the days of beattie flu and "when a big club comes calling"

Happy to see this from our board. Gone are the days of beattie flu and "when a big club comes calling"
McCabe's clones probably won't believe it mate, thank fuck there not running the club if they we're our so called assets would be flogged for fuck all👍

Keep him here and get us back up. He’s under contract so it’s out of his hands what happens unless he has a release clause.

Why will he be unhappy playing in the Championship Kev ? Is there any evidence of this ?
If the team are pushing for promotion he will be fine, he doesn't strike me as angling for a move, causing trouble, having a bad attitude or creating problems of any kind. Plus, he's Scandinavian, so he's naturally calm and collected.
He'll go if we get the right deal, but he'll happily stay and do his best if we don't, just like 99% of players do.

Players who work hard and do the business get the big move one day regardless, throwing a strop and downing tools never works out for players regardless of what has been burned into the brains of most Sheffield United fans.

It's not as though his International prospects will be ruined, Norway will still pick him if he's outstanding at Championship level because they haven't got the English snobbery where a player can only be any good if he plays for one of the big six.
Good post JJ
It may never happen but I would prefer that release clauses were binned
Old fashioned I know but IMO a three year contract should be just that without the player aiming to go early
As it stands in pre season a player with a release clause may be holding back on effort. a rare that he could be about to walk away from a club

I'm all for keeping Berge, but seem to recall we had to raise £40m of player sales this summer according to certain media outlets so if we're not selling Berge where's this £40m coming from!? Can't see Rammers leaving as we're demanding big money too, it is refreshing to hear we're finally getting decent money for our better players. The £8m two Kyle deals still irks me now!

I'm all for keeping Berge, but seem to recall we had to raise £40m of player sales this summer according to certain media outlets so if we're not selling Berge where's this £40m coming from!? Can't see Rammers leaving as we're demanding big money too, it is refreshing to hear we're finally getting decent money for our better players. The £8m two Kyle deals still irks me now!

The fee for Kyle Naughton (£5m) was a decent fee at the time and was about right I thought. The £3m for Kyle Walker...... (who was quite clearly going to be a special player) absolutely fkin stank the place out. McCabism at its finest. Saw a chance for a quick profit and couldn't flog him quick enough. Thank fuck he's gone from SUFC.

I'm all for keeping Berge, but seem to recall we had to raise £40m of player sales this summer according to certain media outlets !
Weren't the same media outlets saying CW was sacked and the Board were installing a Director of Football?

i think rammy will go booker for somewhere between 25 and 35m

There's been so much panic and pessimism about Berge and still no concrete interest. No bids, nothing from the player, nothing from his agent.

Eventually we have to at least consider the possibility that the release clause is £35m, United are sticking to it and no one is willing to pay it.

Which for a player who's shown flashes of brilliance and done little else except get a serious injury he still doesn't seem to have recovered from, does not surprise me.

Why take the chance on him now, when the price isn't going to increase no matter how good he gets? If he absolutely rocks the show in the Championship, the big boys can come get him in five months for the same price and we still can't say no if he wants to leave. I'm confident he's staying.

Why do we have to raise 40 million we have 2 years prem money + parachute payments.ok we have spent plenty we wont be skint.Got at least a year before we may have to cut our cloth.
Hopefully we get promotion and everything will be fine short term

Arsenal have just signed Lokonga, a midfielder from Anderlecht, for 18m so that probably ends their interest.

There's been so much panic and pessimism about Berge and still no concrete interest. No bids, nothing from the player, nothing from his agent.

Eventually we have to at least consider the possibility that the release clause is £35m, United are sticking to it and no one is willing to pay it.

Which for a player who's shown flashes of brilliance and done little else except get a serious injury he still doesn't seem to have recovered from, does not surprise me.

Why take the chance on him now, when the price isn't going to increase no matter how good he gets? If he absolutely rocks the show in the Championship, the big boys can come get him in five months for the same price and we still can't say no if he wants to leave. I'm confident he's staying.
hope your right berge will be a big player for us at this level if he stays

Why do we have to raise 40 million we have 2 years prem money + parachute payments.ok we have spent plenty we wont be skint.Got at least a year before we may have to cut our cloth.
Hopefully we get promotion and everything will be fine short term
Not sure mate, just what some of the media said, I've copied one article, apparently the Athletic said so, think they're on of the better media outlets also.

EddieColquhoun not sure on that either, can't recall now mate!

It all depends on Jack Anovic
He might have a system that requires new bodies
Lets face it at Xmas most blades wanted Ramsdale to fuck off and Berge wasn't far behind to a lot on here

Be interesting to see it play out and who may yet come in.

It all depends on Jack Anovic
He might have a system that requires new bodies
Lets face it at Xmas most blades wanted Ramsdale to fuck off and Berge wasn't far behind to a lot on here

Be interesting to see it play out and who may yet come in.
And who knows which version of him we’ll get if he starts the season with us…🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sander Berge has told Sheffield United he wants to leave; Atalanta and Lazio are waiting​

Sheffield United midfielder, Sander Berge, has reportedly told the club he is ‘minded’ to leave this summer, rather than play Championship football.

Berge has been the subject of intense speculation ever since United’s relegation back to the second-tier was confirmed. The likes of Arsenal and Aston Villa have been linked, while clubs in Italy are also keen.

So far, United have insisted that Berge will only leave if the £35m release-clause in his contract is met. There’s also been little indication from the Norwegian that he actually wants out.

However, the Sheffield Star have now claimed that Berge has privately told those at Bramall Lane that he sees his future elsewhere. It’s claimed that Berge wants to play European football, with Lazio, Atalanta, and Napoli all keen over in Serie A.

sheffieldunited.news

Sander Berge has told Sheffield United he wants to leave; Atalanta and Lazio are waiting​

Sheffield United midfielder, Sander Berge, has reportedly told the club he is ‘minded’ to leave this summer, rather than play Championship football.

Berge has been the subject of intense speculation ever since United’s relegation back to the second-tier was confirmed. The likes of Arsenal and Aston Villa have been linked, while clubs in Italy are also keen.

So far, United have insisted that Berge will only leave if the £35m release-clause in his contract is met. There’s also been little indication from the Norwegian that he actually wants out.

However, the Sheffield Star have now claimed that Berge has privately told those at Bramall Lane that he sees his future elsewhere. It’s claimed that Berge wants to play European football, with Lazio, Atalanta, and Napoli all keen over in Serie A.

sheffieldunited.news
Good. If someone takes the bait we can keep Ramsdale.

Back
Top Bottom