Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m surprised you think £35m for Neves looks steep, given (I believe) you think Berge is worth that.

Whatever Neves’s form lately, he’s proved he can be a top player in the premier league. Berge hasn’t.

TBH - I have no idea what Berge is worth. Like Neves, I suppose it boils down to how much someone is willing to pay for him. My point was that I've seen nothing from Neves in the last 12-18 months that would indicate he's worth that sort of fee. I would say exactly the same about Berge although I think Utd's formation and style of play under CW really don't suit him. I'd be very interested to see how he'd perform in SJ's side.

TBH - I have no idea what Berge is worth. Like Neves, I suppose it boils down to how much someone is willing to pay for him. My point was that I've seen nothing from Neves in the last 12-18 months that would indicate he's worth that sort of fee. I would say exactly the same about Berge although I think Utd's formation and style of play under CW really don't suit him. I'd be very interested to see how he'd perform in SJ's side.
I’m just surprised at the number of people who cling on to Berge based on some release clause, though all evidence points to no body being daft enough to pay it.

It would make sense if we thought the existing squad will compete. I have some big doubts about that, and about our ability to fund significant transfers without moving on players like Berge.

I’m just surprised at the number of people who cling on to Berge based on some release clause, though all evidence points to no body being daft enough to pay it.

It would make sense if we thought the existing squad will compete. I have some big doubts about that, and about our ability to fund significant transfers without moving on players like Berge.
You've obviously got a bit of a hard on for the lad so I hope for your sake he's as shit as you keep telling us he is and we give him away for fuck all so you can rid yourself of your affliction

Reactions: SWB
You've obviously got a bit of a hard on for the lad so I hope for your sake he's as shit as you keep telling us he is and we give him away for fuck all so you can rid yourself of your affliction

As that really the best you can come up with? Even by your spectacularly low standard, that's quite pathetic. ;)

After seeing one of the Hibs goals against Arsenal yesterday I’d guess Ramsdale is a more likely target than Sander.

There are some saying that the days of us bending over, (McCabe style) for the first offer are gone but that very much remains to be seen, there's no evidence to date at all........I'm not convinced myself that both Berge and Rammers wont be sold for "undisclosed" fees way below what we should be getting for them......it's the Sheffield United way, it's in our DNA.

The difference is we really don't have to sell, (well we shouldn't need to) therefore we can hold out for the price we want, lets just see if we have the balls to do it. Play hard ball for once, Brentford style, we get told to fuck off with derisory offers and we need to start doing the same.

This is an opportunity for our Board to evidence that the days of McCabe and cheap sales are gone ...... actions speak louder than words so I agree, we need to see the Board dig their heels in ands demand £35m + for both Berger and for Ramsdale, if buyers are serious.

As you say, Brentford do it so we should do the same. Exceed our valuation or jog on !! 😏

UTB & FTP

This is an opportunity for our Board to evidence that the days of McCabe and cheap sales are gone ...... actions speak louder than words so I agree, we need to see the Board dig their heels in ands demand £35m + for both Berger and for Ramsdale, if buyers are serious.

As you say, Brentford do it so we should do the same. Exceed our valuation or jog on !! 😏

UTB & FTP

Will that be your opinion if we're mid table at Christmas?

Alternatively, do you think he current squad has enough about it to get promoted, without additions?

We can demand what we want...the debate is whether anyone is going to pay that for a player who had a very serious injury, came back, was then out for the rest.of the season with a.minor injury....and now doesn't appear.to be much involved in.pre season with another minor injury.

We can demand what we want...the debate is whether anyone is going to pay that for a player who had a very serious injury, came back, was then out for the rest.of the season with a.minor injury....and now doesn't appear.to be much involved in.pre season with another minor injury.
Meanwhile, our season's hopes could end whilst be die waiting.

Will that be your opinion if we're mid table at Christmas?

Alternatively, do you think he current squad has enough about it to get promoted, without additions?

We shouldn't sell players cheap regardless of where we are at Xmas ..... other Clubs don't discount players prices for us, as evidenced by Brentford.

If we're mid-table at Xmas it means that either;

• the new manager's tactics are too complex for the players, or
  • the players are not up to the task
The current squad will need additions in certain areas ...... I would suggest CB x 2 and Midfield x2

UTB & FTP

We're simply not in a position to demand 35m for Berge. Let's get real, people.

We can demand 300 trillion for him if we want, he's our player

FFS some of our fans are unbelievable,

If we'd wanted a decent player from Brentford who only had Championship experience we'd have been told to fork that amount out.

It's not about what he is worth based on our retarded club not being able to play to his strengths, it's about how another club feel they could fit him into their plans.

If Arsenal, Liverpool or any other club have any interest it's because they see something in him that our club hasn't been able to bring out. And if they think like that they have to pay.

We can demand 300 trillion for him if we want, he's our player

FFS some of our fans are unbelievable,

If we'd wanted a decent player from Brentford who only had Championship experience we'd have been told to fork that amount out.

It's not about what he is worth based on our retarded club not being able to play to his strengths, it's about how another club feel they could fit him into their plans.

If Arsenal, Liverpool or any other club have any interest it's because they see something in him that our club hasn't been able to bring out. And if they think like that they have to pay.

Well, we can’t; considering his release clause is £35m.

As the clock ticks .... tick tock... tick tock we havnt signed anybody yet .... are we only going to have money from sales ... oh dear the opposition arnt waiting ... last in the queue... Hope I'm wrong 🤔

How aren't we?
Because we've just been relegated, which means a big drop in revenue. That's compounded by covid losses. Our owner isn't rich enough to cover our losses, so we need to raise money from sales. Berge probably wants to leave but he hasn't played well enough for us to demand top dollar--he's also just coming back from a long injury. We're just not in a very strong negotiating position, in my opinion.

Because we've just been relegated, which means a big drop in revenue. That's compounded by covid losses. Our owner isn't rich enough to cover our losses, so we need to raise money from sales. Berge probably wants to leave but he hasn't played well enough for us to demand top dollar--he's also just coming back from a long injury. We're just not in a very strong negotiating position, in my opinion.
Agree partially. However we ultimately have the power in what's deemed an acceptable amount. If he has a release clause that states 35m. We can refuse to sell unless that valuations met. Don't think it's shit our pants time this season myself. However come next season if we're still in the championship we'll definitely have to cut our cloth.

Agree partially. However we ultimately have the power in what's deemed an acceptable amount. If he has a release clause that states 35m. We can refuse to sell unless that valuations met. Don't think it's shit our pants time this season myself. However come next season if we're still in the championship we'll definitely have to cut our cloth.
Technically we can insist on keeping him unless his release clause is met, of course. But I don't think it will be met, based on his performances for us, his injury, his desire to leave, and the overall depressed state of the transfer market. So if we need to raise money from sales--and I think we do--we'll have to accept less. Possibly quite a lot less.

We don't even have to wait until the release clause is met to be fair. If a few offers come in and we look like we're dragging an unhappy player into the next campaign and/or we need outs to help with ins, PA and Bettis might have to make a difficult business decision.

We don't even have to wait until the release clause is met to be fair. If a few offers come in and we look like we're dragging an unhappy player into the next campaign and/or we need outs to help with ins, PA and Bettis might have to make a difficult business decision.

Absolute fabricated bullshit though that a player automatically becomes unhappy if the selling club doesn't cave in and accept any offer to let a player leave.

No other club thinks this way, and we all know why our fans think it.

Any player that tosses it off because the selling club won't budge will probably do himself out of a big move at a later date, so he will either continue to work hard, or end up in Scotland.

Yes we can. The release clause can only be utilised if he agrees.
Exactly
Mind you, there's not a chance in hell he would refuse

I don't understand people's thinking, trying to get him out the door as soon as anybody looks at him, as though we are going to go bankrupt unless we offload.

After spending so much on him, we have to let SJ work with him.

I'm sure he will be the Championships top midfielder if played properly in a position with tactics that suit him.

No clips I've seen of him suggest he is a midfielder who plays as an extra wing back or sat two yards in front of our centre half's.

Next year he will get the opportunity to maraud forward as he was doing at Genk, build up some confidence, be out of lockdown and not alone in a strange country and he should also have a dominant role in the team.

Since arriving he's been treated like an apprentice in a factory who's been sent downstairs to ask someone for a long stand

'Kin hell JJ, you're one angry fella tonight, you are making a lit of points I agree with though.

If he's happy, and his release clause isn't met, he stays until January.

We shouldn't sell players cheap regardless of where we are at Xmas ..... other Clubs don't discount players prices for us, as evidenced by Brentford.

If we're mid-table at Xmas it means that either;

• the new manager's tactics are too complex for the players, or
  • the players are not up to the task
The current squad will need additions in certain areas ...... I would suggest CB x 2 and Midfield x2

UTB & FTP
£15 -£20 m isn’t cheap for Berge though.

Are people seriously suggesting that he increased his value based on his spell with us?

Exactly
Mind you, there's not a chance in hell he would refuse

I don't understand people's thinking, trying to get him out the door as soon as anybody looks at him, as though we are going to go bankrupt unless we offload.

After spending so much on him, we have to let SJ work with him.

I'm sure he will be the Championships top midfielder if played properly in a position with tactics that suit him.

No clips I've seen of him suggest he is a midfielder who plays as an extra wing back or sat two yards in front of our centre half's.

Next year he will get the opportunity to maraud forward as he was doing at Genk, build up some confidence, be out of lockdown and not alone in a strange country and he should also have a dominant role in the team.

Since arriving he's been treated like an apprentice in a factory who's been sent downstairs to ask someone for a long stand
I agree with most of that, but maybe in there is the reason he may wish to stay for another year.
He is just getting used to a new life and a new club in a new city, so perhaps he may wish to stay and see what the new manager brings alongside his team mates.

I agree with most of that, but maybe in there is the reason he may wish to stay for another year.
He is just getting used to a new life and a new club in a new city, so perhaps he may wish to stay and see what the new manager brings alongside his team mates.
good points plus who knows sander might just want to play for our new manager who may have persuaded him to give it while january to see how things pan out

Back
Top Bottom