Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If there’s a suitor or suitors we’re in a great position but if it comes down to us trying to sell him then with our track record then it’ll be something like Murphys crisps and a trendy pop as payment!

Sander Berge will be sold and I would argue so will John Egan. They are the two most saleable assets.

Berge so we understand has already made his thoughts clear, so I see a McCabe-esque excuse on its way about not able to hold him back.

The issue for me is not whether they’re sold, but how much the new manager will be given to reinvest. The squad will need freshening up no doubt about it.

The board say they’ll keep the core of the player group together, but unfortunately that means diddly squat

As an example, we have a squad of 25 players. If the board sell the players in demand, then I assume that they will be our best players. If our best players leave say 5 of them, we will still retain the core group (20) together but the first team will have been decimated.

I suppose it’s how fans wish to interpret these statements and of course the proof will be in the pudding.

Obviously, It all remains to be seen, but I’ve lost some faith in the board over the last couple of weeks. I’m hoping that I am doing them a disservice and talking utter bollocks but time will tell

Sander Berge will be sold and I would argue so will John Egan. They are the two most saleable assets.

Berge so we understand has already made his thoughts clear, so I see a McCabe-esque excuse on its way about not able to hold him back.

The issue for me is not whether they’re sold, but how much the new manager will be given to reinvest. The squad will need freshening up no doubt about it.

The board say they’ll keep the core of the player group together, but unfortunately that means diddly squat

As an example, we have a squad of 25 players. If the board sell the players in demand, then I assume that they will be our best players. If our best players leave say 5 of them, we will still retain the core group (20) together but the first team will have been decimated.

I suppose it’s how fans wish to interpret these statements and of course the proof will be in the pudding.

Obviously, It all remains to be seen, but I’ve lost some faith in the board over the last couple of weeks. I’m hoping that I am doing them a disservice and talking utter bollocks but time will tell
agree im pretty sure berge and egan will go and possibly one more but doubt 5 will be sold but we will still need at least 6 this summer

Core should mean the small number of players who are essential to any success.
If only Berge and Egan go, then the core will have been substantially maintained. More than that then I will be sharing your concerns.
As relevant is not only how much is paid for them, but how much of that comes into the club and then how much is available to the new manager.

Assuming JOC recovers from his injury well, losing Egan and keeping Jack will be the ideal scenario for us if we have to sell one of our defenders. Egan’s a fine player but a far more straightforward piece for us to replace.

Just giving an example AB

Just giving an example AB
knowing united 58 anything could happen but im hoping no more than 3 are sold we know 5 or 6 will be released so its important whoever is our new manager gets the recruitment right this summer if we get it right i think were a good bet for a top 6 finish next season

This article pleased me greatly. Jog on you Scouse twats, trying to get him on the cheap.

It par for the course for Liverpool they did the same with Lewis at Norwich and sarr st Watford last year unsettled a load of players with leaks to the press and low bids and ended up without any of them. Strap in though because they were persistent and aggressive so expect numerous articles this summer from Liverpool’s friends in the press about how sanders wants out and take them all with a massive pinch of salt this will get messy.

It par for the course for Liverpool they did the same with Lewis at Norwich and sarr st Watford last year unsettled a load of players with leaks to the press and low bids and ended up without any of them. Strap in though because they were persistent and aggressive so expect numerous articles this summer from Liverpool’s friends in the press about how sanders wants out and take them all with a massive pinch of salt this will get messy.
That’s why the release clause is a good thing.
They know what they have to pay if we stick to what the board have said, which I think they will.

That’s why the release clause is a good thing.
They know what they have to pay if we stick to what the board have said, which I think they will.
I expect and hope united will stick to their guns like Norwich and Watford did last year but I expect Liverpool to pull every dirty trick in the book to try and get him on the cheap it’s their MO.

I expect and hope united will stick to their guns like Norwich and Watford did last year but I expect Liverpool to pull every dirty trick in the book to try and get him on the cheap it’s their MO.
yes me anall yogi especially how they handled the brewster transfer and skimmed us for every last penny they could get surely the prince and bettis wont let em have sander for owt less than 30m after that saga although the fact that weve probably got two thirds at least of the brewster fee to cough up may have some bearing on any transfer could well see a player plus cash deal being on the cards wherever sander ends up at

yes me anall yogi especially how they handled the brewster transfer and skimmed us for every last penny they could get surely the prince and bettis wont let em have sander for owt less than 30m after that saga although the fact that weve probably got two thirds at least of the brewster fee to cough up may have some bearing on any transfer could well see a player plus cash deal being on the cards wherever sander ends up at
Liverpool look to do canny business at all times and you can’t really fault them for it but they will look for any opportunity to drive the price of any prospective recruit down. The issue for them is that the selling club doesn’t have to accept and other clubs might meet a players valuation. With Berge for instance it wouldn’t surprise me at all if writing off money owed on Brewster was part of any off Liverpool made however if united say no they’re stumped because then it will just come down to who pays his release clause.

£30m would’ve acceptable
Pay a few debts off and a few quid left in transfer kitty

I see Egan leaving as well so hopefully that goes in the pot as well. I would ask £20m

Para payment goes to the reduced wage bill and a few instalments on PA’s mortgage

And £150 to fix the training ground leak

£30m would’ve acceptable
Pay a few debts off and a few quid left in transfer kitty

I see Egan leaving as well so hopefully that goes in the pot as well. I would ask £20m

Para payment goes to the reduced wage bill and a few instalments on PA’s mortgage

And £150 to fix the training ground leak
might just get a bit more if egan goes but him and berge are the 2 high profile players likely to go for big money but for me its 50m minimum for the pair combined could see egan ending up at newcastle if chris gets the call

Arsenal and Liverpool have reportedly been told that they will need to shell out £35 million to secure the signing of Sander Berge from Sheffield United.​

According to a report from the Sheffield Star, Premier League strugglers Sheffield United have made it clear that they will not lower their £35 million asking price for star midfielder Sander Berge, who is a transfer target for Arsenal and Liverpool.

Liverpool didn't have our pants down for Brewster as I keep seeing. The problem is, put simply, that we're crap.

Amazing how a player improves on what they are just by being out injured.

‘The Moose’ being another good example of that .

However , it’s not a prerequisite for gaining a vastly overrated reputation . It’s not that long ago that , on the strength of a couple of decent goals and balls into the box , a certain John Lundstram was being lauded as the new Steven Gerrard / Patrick Viera . :)

Arsenal and Liverpool have reportedly been told that they will need to shell out £35 million to secure the signing of Sander Berge from Sheffield United.​

According to a report from the Sheffield Star, Premier League strugglers Sheffield United have made it clear that they will not lower their £35 million asking price for star midfielder Sander Berge, who is a transfer target for Arsenal and Liverpool.

I can only assume then that the get out clause in Berges contract is £35m, otherwise how can the club demand that?

Arsenal ready bid for £35m-rated Premier League midfielder​

According to a report in the Sheffield Star, Arsenal are readying a summer bid for 23-year-old Sheffield United midfielder, Sander Berge.

The Norwegian is an international teammate of Martin Odegaard, who is currently having a very good time at Arsenal.
Despite Sheffield United being on the verge of relegation, they are unlikely to sell their star midfielder cheap, with a big queue of clubs rumoured to be interested in the bidding. The report goes on to say:

‘The Star understands that, after being made aware of Arteta’s interest, someone with knowledge of the deal they might table then began actively encouraging Jose Mourinho’s employers to enter the race.’

The likes of Liverpool and Manchester United have been linked with Berge in the past too, so Arsenal will have to move fast if they want to secure the signing of the midfielder.

Arsenal have been linked with Berge for some time. At the end of 2020 we brought you reports from Norway that suggested Arsenal were set to reignite their interest in the player. Back on episode 9 of The Fresh Arsenal podcast, Berge was my pick to reinforce our midfield options.

The 6ft 5’ midfielder combines great dribbling abilities with strong passing and physical skills, and aged just 23, already plays with maturity beyond his years.

im afraid they did we should have offered 15m and walked away when they said 23m and brought josh king in

Hi Steg here,

Plenty of cheaper options. Josh King, Troy Deeney, Chris Wood --- all would have been better, cheaper and all proven to be decent top flight scorers.

Hi Steg here,

Plenty of cheaper options. Josh King, Troy Deeney, Chris Wood --- all would have been better, cheaper and all proven to be decent top flight scorers.
You are, of course, conveniently ignoring the significantly higher wages, which means it's not cheaper at all, as well as not acknowledging that those players wouldn't have any real sell on potential, whereas Brewster is potentially huge.
Aside from that, you're bang on.

They'd be the last team I'd be selling him to, having had our pants down over Brewster.
What did Fergie once say about Real Madrid? "I wouldn't sell that mob a virus" wasn't it?

Though that response may be deemed a little insensitive in the current climate 😉

Back
Top Bottom