Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If it's city asking, then we should be naming our price, and taking into the account the 20% Genk are owed, on top.

Manchester City have been named as a suitor for the midfielder and their interest gets highlighted by Voetbal24.

It’s claimed Man City are looking to replace Fernandinho in the summer and the 23-year-old is on top of their target list.

Be a reyt laugh if he signs for Man City and people on here still question his ability.

Paul Heckingbottom has insisted he expects Sander Berge to remain a Sheffield United player next season despite attracting interest from some of the Premier League’s leading clubs​

Sky Sports saying his release clause is £35M down from £45M due to relegation. A host of clubs interested including Arsenal and Everton.

The £35M would fit in with what was reported previously about it.

Last edited:
Sky Sports saying his release clause is £35M down from £45M due to relegation. A host of clubs interested including Arsenal and Everton.

thats a result bob if we get 35m for him

For 35m I'd sell, I don't feel he's really shown his true potential with us never really seemed to fit into our style of play and tbh I don't see him being suited to the English game he's far too lightweight and sluggish on the ball. He's a luxury we couldn't really accommodate.

For 35m I'd sell, I don't feel he's really shown his true potential with us never really seemed to fit into our style of play and tbh I don't see him being suited to the English game he's far too lightweight and sluggish on the ball. He's a luxury we couldn't really accommodate.

People keep saying he's "a luxury" or a "luxury player". What does this mean?

If the definition of luxury is now "doesn't really do anything of note" I'm in full agreement, but I would appreciate other people's views on this.

If the definition of luxury is now "doesn't really do anything of note" I'm in full agreement, but I would appreciate other people's views on this.
I think people use it when they can't see what he brings to the team. They've heard people rate him but can't see it so they get tagged as a luxury ie expensive and an indulgence.
Given where we find ourselves and the fact that he's going to want to play at a higher level I would think it get's paid and he goes but I really did want us to evolve our midfield into one where a player of his type and technical ability sits at the base dictating play, rather than the limited triers who had gotten us up there.
I thought his signing would be a turning point for the club under Wilder but last seasons signings didn't live upto what was required.
Here hoping either his sale brings in those types of players in, albeit at a lower level, or he stays and our new midfield is built around him.

Lu

Luxury for me is a player we've spent millions on who can slow the game down and control it for you when needed make something happen. He was the player we really didn't need or want at that time for me 'the luxury' that seemed to put a chink in the way we played. 35m is good business for us that would massively help improve our squad.

If we get £35m for him I'd take that. That is a lot of moolah which will help the clubs finances and which should provide a fair bit of cash for incoming transfers. With most championship clubs being skint that should let us have the pick of quite a few players very capable for that level.

Its a shame if Berge goes and I liked the lad but relegation means that I decent bid coming in for him is almost impossible to turn down.

It's just one of those things.

If the release clause is £35m, then at least we've done something right. Letting our better players going for next to nowt and only recouping some with a sell on clause if/when they do eventually get sold on is a bit unpredictable.

£35M sale along with a parachute payment should hopefully enable the club to settle it's finance obligations.

Then it's a case of out with a number of players and in with some green shoots of recovery

Tbh, there's a few I'd be looking to move out if possible

Lunny and Berge I take as gone

Jags
Robinson
Rodwell
Burke
Moose
Bryan
Enda

Enda had had a poor season imo. Bringing back RND may be the solution there.

Max Lowe, young still plenty to learn, but to date, not convinced. Maybe I'm being over critical.

I'm not convinced Egan will be here next season. We'll see

Hecky saying ins and outs will be kept at single figures. I'm hoping the outs then will be high single figures

If we receive a genuine offer of 35 million pounds sterling the conversation between buying and selling club will take all of 5 seconds.

I think people use it when they can't see what he brings to the team. They've heard people rate him but can't see it so they get tagged as a luxury ie expensive and an indulgence.
Given where we find ourselves and the fact that he's going to want to play at a higher level I would think it get's paid and he goes but I really did want us to evolve our midfield into one where a player of his type and technical ability sits at the base dictating play, rather than the limited triers who had gotten us up there.
I thought his signing would be a turning point for the club under Wilder but last seasons signings didn't live upto what was required.
Here hoping either his sale brings in those types of players in, albeit at a lower level, or he stays and our new midfield is built around him.
Yes I thought the same Bob ! Start of an era I thought we were going to cement our premiership place,
It was obviouse the squad as it stood would struggle to maintain what we achieved before lockdown so Berge I thought would be the start of a rebuild which was going to be needed to improve !
how wrong can one be.
No doubt the empty stadium had an effect on us but to be so far off the pace just seemed unreal ( a nightmare I would wake up from).
We are where we are now ! 35 million for Berge? We have to take that if its offered.

Most on here are happy to take 15 mill for him

28m net after Genk take their piece of the pie,will easily cover what we owe Liverpool for Brewster,with a few quid left to buy some lower league startlet for next season.

Most on here are happy to take 15 mill for him
Most on here don't know what they're looking at, don't understand the market and are generally idiots. The same people wanted Ramsdale dropped to the reserves and sold while he tried to find his feet behind a constantly changing and totally porous defence.
Mugs get taken for a ride everyday by those who have more insight and ability to judge value. We just have to hope Bettis and Co are in the latter category.

I will be gutted if Sander leaves us. He would be an absolute beast in the championship, I've no doubt. Aside from his obvious talent (which we haven't been able to really properly enjoy watching yet), he seems like a very intelligent young guy, very mature and hard-working, low-maintenance and humble. He is a role model and a guy that I'm sure will become a leader at any club as he progresses in his career.

From a purely financial perspective, if the club can get £35m for him in the current market, that would be incredible.

I would still prefer to see him with us for at least another season.

I wonder what the desires of Sander himself are currently. Was Wilder a big influence in him joining us?

If I was Sander I'd go to Brighton where they play his style. He'd be unreal next to Bissouma.

Back
Top Bottom