Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well if he's going to go, the more clubs that are interested, the better for Utd. Unless of course they stupidly agreed to a buy-out / relegation release clause/fee then the number of big clubs supposedly interested in him should turn his sale into a competitive auction.

Well if he's going to go, the more clubs that are interested, the better for Utd. Unless of course they stupidly agreed to a buy-out / relegation release clause/fee then the number of big clubs supposedly interested in him should turn his sale into a competitive auction.

I can't for one second believe he signed for us without a relegation release clause. I guess it just depends how much it is.

Depends how cute we were ?
The relegation release clause could merely state that we were obliged to make him available for transfer

Depends how cute we were ?
The relegation release clause could merely state that we were obliged to make him available for transfer
Let’s see if he plays for Norway over the next two weeks. If he does then he will be available for us and should then be able to show himself free of injury and therefore more saleable

Genuinely don’t get the clamour to sign Berge he has stood out in maybe 3/4 matches I’ve watched he’s a good player no doubt

But does he deserve to have this many clubs after him I don’t think so

£30 mill and thank you sander let’s buy a new midfield for the champ

after the way liverpool skimmed us with the brewster fee i would put a 30m minimum price tag on berge but got an inkling he might go there with us having nothing to pay on brewster

Again depends if they keep their word. It’s them setting the bar by talking to the press.
It seems they are announcing various statements in response to social media at the moment. Next they'll be telling us the roof's been fixed.
With Berge, I can't imagine there isn't a release clause in his contract of some nature, but I'm one of those who doesn't think he's pulled up any trees so I'm not too fussed whether he stays or goes. If we get silly money for him, I'll be happy, if he stays and plays well, I'll be happy. I'm resigned to it being neither of those.

We should loan him out no reason to sell. 5m loan fee if we don’t go up he’s had an extra season in the prem and his value has gone up. Win win

£35m min. Why not? Watford priced Sarr out, Norwich did the same with Buendia and just look at the league table. He owes us one season.

Don’t want him gone but an 8 million pound profit on half a seasons games isn’t bad and should fund a pretty comprehensive refurb of the squad.
There’s a reply suggesting £30M and he replied that he should be happy. I reckon the figure he was told well over that, and I’d be fine with that. GLTTL.

There’s a reply suggesting £30M and he replied that he should be happy. I reckon the figure he was told well over that, and I’d be fine with that. GLTTL.
Yeah at the point thanks for your service a shame it didn’t work out but we should be able to assemble a hell of a championship squad with that money.

We should loan him out no reason to sell. 5m loan fee if we don’t go up he’s had an extra season in the prem and his value has gone up. Win win
or he flops and his value falls off a cliff? it’s more of a gamble, just not sure it would pay off, it would have to be a perfect loan where he’d be at a prestigious/rich club which he would be ever present for... Arsenal, West Ham or dare i say Villa, look like the best options for a deal like that

Don’t want him gone but an 8 million pound profit on half a seasons games isn’t bad and should fund a pretty comprehensive refurb of the squad.
The same journo who was pushing a very different picture a few days ago.

Said it before doesn't fit our style
Does anybody?
Most professional footballers are a little more advanced than hoofing the ball upfield to a lone striker, who isn't very strong, isn't very quick, doesn't have good control and doesn't hold the ball up very well, oh yes and is marked by three men.

But we keep persisting with it

It seems they are announcing various statements in response to social media at the moment. Next they'll be telling us the roof's been fixed.
With Berge, I can't imagine there isn't a release clause in his contract of some nature, but I'm one of those who doesn't think he's pulled up any trees so I'm not too fussed whether he stays or goes. If we get silly money for him, I'll be happy, if he stays and plays well, I'll be happy. I'm resigned to it being neither of those.

So you don’t rate him, but expect a club to pay silly money for him? Right-o

I would accept £25m with a 20/25% sell on clause, or £30m with a 10/15% sell on clause

How anyone could possibly say Berge is only worth what we paid for him, or less(!), is beyond me.
He's a Norwegian international, highly rated, has great physical assets, controls and passes the ball well, and is very difficult to knock off the ball when in possession. He has loads of potential to improve further and has also spent whatever time he has spent with us, largely, playing out of position in a 'bomb-scare' of a midfield who give the ball away every second touch. How the hell is he supposed to look anything but ordinary and a bit lost when he's playing in a midfield with Lundstram, and out-of-form Norwood, and a 'hiding' Jimmy Fleck? He has nothing in front of him, apart from Didsy, to link with and we are losing every week before we even take to the field this season.
Now imagine that same player in a possession- heavy, confident, forward-looking Liverpool midfield. Imagine what he might look like in possession with his confidence up, as he started to look like with us at times last season?
I hope he starts next season with us under a new, progressive manager who uses him in a system that allows him to flourish. That kind of player, with his added premier experience, is going to be worth a lot more than the £20 million some on here would 'give him away for'. Imagine what a 'Brentford' would be asking for such a player.
For once, we hold all the cards and if it's Liverpool that want him so badly (we know Klopp is a fan) then we should add another £5 million on to the tag for those wankers!

UTB

How anyone could possibly say Berge is only worth what we paid for him, or less(!), is beyond me.
He's a Norwegian international, highly rated, has great physical assets, controls and passes the ball well, and is very difficult to knock off the ball when in possession. He has loads of potential to improve further and has also spent whatever time he has spent with us, largely, playing out of position in a 'bomb-scare' of a midfield who give the ball away every second touch. How the hell is he supposed to look anything but ordinary and a bit lost when he's playing in a midfield with Lundstram, and out-of-form Norwood, and a 'hiding' Jimmy Fleck? He has nothing in front of him, apart from Didsy, to link with and we are losing every week before we even take to the field this season.
Now imagine that same player in a possession- heavy, confident, forward-looking Liverpool midfield. Imagine what he might look like in possession with his confidence up, as he started to look like with us at times last season?
I hope he starts next season with us under a new, progressive manager who uses him in a system that allows him to flourish. That kind of player, with his added premier experience, is going to be worth a lot more than the £20 million some on here would 'give him away for'. Imagine what a 'Brentford' would be asking for such a player.
For once, we hold all the cards and if it's Liverpool that want him so badly (we know Klopp is a fan) then we should add another £5 million on to the tag for those wankers!

UTB
well said great post

Great post we have also ‘bedded‘ him in so he knows about the Premier League he’s a no brainer of a purchase for a club to spend very good money on.

I would snatch £25/30 million right now.
When we signed Norwood he had a massive impact and kicked us on to the next level, I was expecting similar from Berge but so far he’s been a big disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom