CONFIRMED Samir Carruthers - Contract terminated by mutual consent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If his attitude ain’t right fuck off money grabber, glad it’s done don’t need any confusion with any twats this season

Thought it was a good signing but not to be.

Actually more impressed with his MK performances than anything he did for us.

He needed to move on for his own careers sake.

He came in, did a half decent job at the time (even if it was a case of his putting pressure on Duffy to play out of his skin) and I have no hard feelings towards him.

He has been outgrown by the club but he has done very well financially out of it. Thing is, our success driven by others playing really well to keep him out, has meant that we have done very well financially out of it as well with two promotions.

And for those bemoaning his seeming reluctance to move on, ask yourself would you be soon quick to jack in a very lucrative contract (probably the best you will ever have by some distance) if you didn't have too? He has probably thought sit tight, the club will pay me off with a settlement payment, and I will then go elsewhere to start up my career again.

I don't really see any losers in this, just a matter of circumstance. Good luck to the lad.

He needed to move on for his own careers sake.

He came in, did a half decent job at the time (even if it was a case of his putting pressure on Duffy to play out of his skin) and I have no hard feelings towards him.

He has been outgrown by the club but he has done very well financially out of it. Thing is, our success driven by others playing really well to keep him out, has meant that we have done very well financially out of it as well with two promotions.

And for those bemoaning his seeming reluctance to move on, ask yourself would you be soon quick to jack in a very lucrative contract (probably the best you will ever have by some distance) if you didn't have too? He has probably thought sit tight, the club will pay me off with a settlement payment, and I will then go elsewhere to start up my career again.

I don't really see any losers in this, just a matter of circumstance. Good luck to the lad.
well said mate ;)

Who says his attitude aint right?

He's actively looked for a club, do you expect Cambridge to pay off his hefty wage?
It’s quite possible he’ll play the rest of his career in the lower leagues so it’s hard to begrudge him a payoff. Better that than sit around for a year until his contract expires.

Can’t ever say I was a fan but it’s not his fault and he needed to go and we needed him gone. It happens and at least it looks like he wants to play..... can we start a Hammond thread?

thanks for the Oldham draw, it was important at the time.

That was Jay O’Shea (or am I being whooshed?).

Was pretty excited by Carruthers when he signed - he looked great against us for MK Dons that season and showed some great little bursts in cameos towards the end. Funny to think he started for us in the first few games back in the Championship. Just a classic case of a club progressing too fast for a player to keep up.

I thought he was a good signing but soon realised despite him having a fair bit of skill he was one of those players who 9 times out of 10 run up a blind alley with the ball. Not a chance he was going to make the step up to Championship level decent for league one so should do really well at Cambridge, glad he's fucked off ........... er I mean GLTTL.

I thought he was tremendously skilful and could turn a game with his skill. He was capable of doing the unexpected. Unfortunately for him, his unexpected clashed awkwardly with the unwanted. He could beat 6 men then do something hair-brained and bizarre and put us on the back foot and under threat.

A footballing enigma.

If we could have erased those mad moments from his game he could have been one hell of a player. But we couldn’t. And he wasn’t.

GLTTL anyhow and I think he’ll be amazing for Cambridge at that level.

Reactions: AJS
Maybe he would have been a big player for us had we ever lost Duffy in the League One season but all he ever was was back up. Didn't look like he could make the step up to Championship.

Doubt anyone has any ill will towards him and I'm glad he's chosen to go and play football rather than run out a contract. Other than that he'll be a very forgettable player for the fans.

Having to pay to get rid of decent players is infuriating.

It just highlights the monumental gulf between the top 2 and bottom 2 divisions. They really won't pay a penny.

You say they "won't pay a penny" as if they're sitting on piles of money. There's a difference between can't and won't.

We've seen this week what happens to lower league clubs that spend beyond their means.

Winning one penalty with a dive was about the sum total of his contributions across 3 seasons.

Yep, but I'm still expecting someone to say Wilders made a mistake in letting him go.....

Another Wilder mistake letting this lad go.

Wilder dug in his heels in over Duffy too, because some of the experts on here know exactly what went off and have told us, so it must be true.

Wilder out!

Back
Top Bottom