An Article from View from the John Street

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After reading so much on here lately I would settle for just some truth as to what has happened, not to apportion blame, but to at least have a mega grumble & move on!

100% agree Chris Wilder was Sheffield United,s biggest asset , but we are talking Premier League here how the FXxk should your manager be your greatest asset, your greatest assets should be lacing up their boots and on the pitch playing. Lost count of how many times this season the team sheet looked a disgrace for the Premier League and in fact looked very league oneish.?. Don’t get me wrong, gutted he went and wanted him to take us back up but some of the squad (and assembled by Chris) look very average at best.
Who is to blame for all this; will we ever know?; doubt it but if I was in a position of power and money I would want some kind of control and answers from my manager. If this was in league one Chris may well have won the argument where your top players are £50,000; it’s when you are paying £20 million plus Chris must understand “ Who pays the piper”. And the piper calls the tune. UTB.

In response to this article from VFJSS - not the poster (you're not one and the same are you?).

Ain't this, or is this, the truth?

Wouldn't it have been more helpful for this piece to be a little more responsible, a little more reasoned and to stop trying to push so many buttons to make this a little less charged and much less dramatic.

Is this designed to create an "us and them" mentality which is clearly going to be of no help for the club? The Prince owns the club. That is one simple fact. Another simple one is that CW has gone. I can see that there are many who want to undermine the Prince. In doing so the club is being undermined as well.

I am sure pointing out various facts may make some feel better but does it really help? "Paul Heckingbottom, a former Sheffield Wednesday defender, will take temporary charge". So he played for the pigs. So what! Is that intended to wind as many people up as possible?

"Jason Tindall, sacked by Championship Bournemouth after six months in charge. Tindall is a long-term friend of United chief executive Steve Bettis." I imagine most people on here might actually follow football. We all knew Tindall was sacked. Are you suggesting we've dragged in a loser in because, now CW has gone, that is what we are "losers"? He is a friend of Bettis'. I understood CW was also a friend of Bettis' Why not point that out as well?

"Wilder’s assistant, Alan Knill, remains on the coaching staff as do the departed manager’s other close associates, goalkeeping coach Darren Ward and Matt Prestridge." Well, I'll be damned, what on earth are they still doing here? As you are in the know please do tell us? Of course! It's because they have mortgages to pay - any other reason(s)?

"Even Wilder’s appointment was nothing to do with the Saudi royal, other than to offer a rubber stamp. The manager was all set to join Charlton Athletic before Prince Abdullah’s then partner, Kevin McCabe, made a late, instinctive intervention to steer him to the Lane. That is not to suggest favour with McCabe, just to illustrate that Prince Abdullah’s knowledge of English football is limited to FIFA 21 and all of its previous variations of which he is reported to be a keen advocate." Your statement here is so biased and unfairly weighted in favour of McCabe that it makes me wonder if the rest of what you say is true. Is it worth even reading? (Yes, I know I did read it, all of it.) McCabe was not interested in recruiting CW. Eventually, almost at the last minute, he got his act together and changed his mind having been hassled a lot by Bassett. Wouldn't it have been nice if he had used that unbelievable, but non-existent, "instinctive intervention" to recruit CW some years earlier when Bassett had first urged him to do so? Maybe he spent those intervening years buffering and polishing and being very careful with the wax on his "instinctive intervention"?

Don't go building McCabe up into something he never was. However, just think if McCabe had followed Bassett's much earlier advice and used his phenomenal and singularly unique "instinctive intervention", then we would have had CW years earlier, no Prince would have ever been involved and then McCabe could have sold us to Burnley's new owners 5 years ago. A win win all round! How much better off would we have been?

If that is the case that "Wilder’s appointment was nothing to do with the Saudi royal" then why did he send some of his people to interview CW and AK? As I understand it they were very impressed with AK, less so with CW. I suppose, as you have explained how uninterested in United the Prince is, that can never have happened.

I could go on.

I did not want CW to go.

I want United to do well, be successful and, who knows, get promotion next season - if that is at all possible.

If what you have said is true then there is no need to over dramatise, paint a distorted picture and try and score unnecessary points to support what you say because that will simply give people reason to question what you print and may well turn them off completely from what are the really important facts of the matter.

On the other hand, maybe with all that bias this is just some toxic, jorno crap and we should all ignore it.

(PS: I know I must have far too much time on my hands today.)
No I am not the same I just copied and pasted this so that anyone on here that don’t have access can have a read

Back
Top Bottom