Player Suggestion Sam Gallagher

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hippy

Reaction score
Get the kid Gallagher in from Southampton who was on loan at Blackburn last season
Young hungry prospect

Would take him on loan not buy
Looks like Southampton are giving him a new contract
Plus he was in poor side

Would take him on loan not buy
Looks like Southampton are giving him a new contract
Plus he was in poor side
I'd certainly take him on loan, but thought Southampton said they wasn't interested in a loan move

Yet Solanke went for 3m to Liverpool.

It's madness, I bet Everton would want 4m for Calvert Lewin already.

Yet Solanke went for 3m to Liverpool.

It's madness, I bet Everton would want 4m for Calvert Lewin already.

I feel bad having a dig at the club after last year because presumably the sale money was used on the likes of Moore and Caruthers.

But it's infuriating that an asset we developed is now probably worth 4/5 times more than we sold him for.

As I say last year fair enough - but when we give brooks away because someone waives a sneaky £mil at us we'll be in the same position.

We need to realise it's pocket change these days to most side and actually hold out for a decent price for 2017. A player breaking into a championship side and playing Regularly you'd be able to sell him £5m plus - why give them away for before either even get that chance.

From a pure economic sense even excluding a footballing one

Hopefully now we're back in the championship, we'd probably be able to get more than a pack of hula hoops for brooks

I feel bad having a dig at the club after last year because presumably the sale money was used on the likes of Moore and Caruthers.

But it's infuriating that an asset we developed is now probably worth 4/5 times more than we sold him for.

As I say last year fair enough - but when we give brooks away because someone waives a sneaky £mil at us we'll be in the same position.

We need to realise it's pocket change these days to most side and actually hold out for a decent price for 2017. A player breaking into a championship side and playing Regularly you'd be able to sell him £5m plus - why give them away for before either even get that chance.

From a pure economic sense even excluding a footballing one

I think this is another way of getting around FFP.

Chelsea use this model with their 80 players out on loan. They spend a pittance stock piling unknown quantities and because they have 'Chelsea' on their CV it opens doors for decent loan moves.

Perform well and they're sold for a far greater amount than Chelsea bought them for.

I seriously doubt that when you take into account the silly wages they pay.
Chelsea charge loan fees for their players which brings in income. I think they got £4m for loaning Lukaku to Everton for one season.

I seriously doubt that when you take into account the silly wages they pay.

I don't think they'll be paying that much for their young players. Even if 5k a week, they'd see this as small change and I bet the likes of Solanke wasn't even on that.

I think he may have been. It's been widely reported there are youth players at Chelsea on more than £10k a week.

I think they'll pay more for Johnny Foreigner Jr because they have to in order to win the contract over the likes of Barca, Man C, Arsenal, Madrid, Bayern, PSG, (insert european sweeper uppers of Latin American talent).....

Sam Gallagher 22 year old Southampton striker looks set to sign for us. Didn't look overly impressive on loan at Birmingham last season. But CW been after him a while so must have something about him.

Oooh, a new poster ITK.

I do hope you're right.

He's been the 'go to' name for possible striker signings for quite some time now.

Would be a huge and surprising signing. I did not for a second think we'd be able to sign him permanently this summer, but always hoped we could get him in some capacity. Now it seems increasingly possible and even likely.

If we're going to sign someone before Monday I'd guess it'll be him.

Last edited:
To be fair nobody looked impressive playing for Birmingham City last season. Promising signing if true.

Back
Top Bottom