Sai Sachdev

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When he dropped back to the U23s last season you could see that he has improved with training with better players. Hopefully a 20 year old might improve further.
I agree. He desperately needs a loan somewhere he can have more responsibility, especially in possession

Of course you have a right to an opinion. Literally nobody, especially me has said you don't. Sometimes threads meander around and cover various subjects.

I like Gordon. He's athletic, good defensively and obviously cares. But unless he significantly improves in
possession he's not going to be a Championship player. I hope he does
He's normally composed on the ball and passes well at U21 level.

On Saturday he played at a higher level than he's used to. With different teammates. In a patched up team. Playing in an unusual formation. Out of position at right back. With no wide man in front of him.

His passing accuracy wasn't great, but only Ndiaye, McAtee and Basham's were significantly better. Let's remember that RND looked very limited when he first started getting into the team. It took him a while to figure out what he should be offering.

Gordon wasn't involved in the two goals we conceded when he was on the pitch. I didn't think he was poor and he had some decent involvements. But I am struggling to see what it is that he will be great at. He's a bit of a steady all rounder. Not big for a centre back, not very pacey, looks like he should be bulking up and he doesn't carry it forward that much. I hope he'll try to do what RND's done, identifying a few things that are going to be his strengths.

He's normally composed on the ball and passes well at U21 level.

On Saturday he played at a higher level than he's used to. With different teammates. In a patched up team. Playing in an unusual formation. Out of position at right back. With no wide man in front of him.

His passing accuracy wasn't great, but only Ndiaye, McAtee and Basham's were significantly better. Let's remember that RND looked very limited when he first started getting into the team. It took him a while to figure out what he should be offering.

Gordon wasn't involved in the two goals we conceded when he was on the pitch. I didn't think he was poor and he had some decent involvements. But I am struggling to see what it is that he will be great at. He's a bit of a steady all rounder. Not big for a centre back, not very pacey, looks like he should be bulking up and he doesn't carry it forward that much. I hope he'll try to do what RND's done, identifying a few things that are going to be his strengths.
I'll be honest, my appraisal was based more on what I've seen if him at RCB in a 5. His passing was extremely basic/safe and his touch was no more than ok. You have to be a beast of a defender (Jake Cooper) to overcome that at this level

But I am struggling to see what it is that he will be great at. He's a bit of a steady all rounder. Not big for a centre back, not very pacey, looks like he should be bulking up and he doesn't carry it forward that much. I hope he'll try to do what RND's done, identifying a few things that are going to be his strengths.
I always see the same with Gordon. Won't let you down and does all the basics pretty well - but he's bringing nothing to the party that ever makes me think he'll become a regular at this level. He's competent but that's about as far as it goes. Agree with the view that he desperately needs a loan elsewhere to play mens football regularly at a decent level.

I always see the same with Gordon. Won't let you down and does all the basics pretty well - but he's bringing nothing to the party that ever makes me think he'll become a regular at this level. He's competent but that's about as far as it goes. Agree with the view that he desperately needs a loan elsewhere to play mens football regularly at a decent level.
I thought on Saturday that he looked a bit overawed with it all.

He seemed pleased to get a head or a foot to the ball without any real thought as to where it would go next.

Having said that I'm not writing him off. He's still a young lad and being first to the ball is the number one skill required in a defender.

Hopefully the what happens next bit will come as he grows in experience and confidence.

He's been unlucky as I think Hecki had him down to go out on loan.
The injuries put a stop to that even though he hasn't played much .he was there in reserve.
Looked really promising a couple of years ago.he seems to have suffered a lack of confidence being close to game time on a few occasions, He needs game time ( 1st team on loan )
His older brother was promising(he is pacey) just never really made the most of rare opportunities cominging his way,sold him on to Hull not a regular starter there as well.

In the U21s he has looked strong in the air, fast and aggressive. He has scored a few from set-pieces and created overlapping down the right.

I guess he's highly rated? Seems to have come from nowhere?

GLTTL!!
UP THE BLADES!

My Oldham supporting business partner has just phoned me about this signing - he's very excited

Back
Top Bottom