Sai Sachdev

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From what I’ve seen of Sanchdev I think he’s a very tidy player. Comfortable on the ball doesn’t get flustered, definitely someone who has potential to be a very accomplished footballer

Two words.

Joe Royle.

They also had a good team for a while. Ian Marshall, Andy Richie, Jobson, Dennis Irwin, Gunnar Halle. All played PL football after they went down.
Roger Palmer! I was at that Oldham away game in 91 when we lost 2-1. Marshall scored for them in front of us in the away end. Didnt we have a player sent off in 1st half and blades were kicking off, trying to climb the railings between us and the oldham fans?

Roger Palmer! I was at that Oldham away game in 91 when we lost 2-1. Marshall scored for them in front of us in the away end. Didnt we have a player sent off in 1st half and blades were kicking off, trying to climb the railings between us and the oldham fans?
Hartfield and Beesley were sent off in the 1st half. After half time, Deane pulled a goal back. He was out of action for 10 weeks due to glandular fever after that day

These loans don't seem to be working for the u21s apart from Arblaster 🤔

Didn't Buyabu return after a few weeks and Hackford barely playing?

Be interesting to see the stats on the loans out this season.

Always a bit concerning that young players being touted as first teamers in the next few years can't get game time for poor L2 sides and non-league teams.

It's a big jump though from junior football and I think some expect too much after encouraging performances in the U18 and ressies.

Always a bit concerning that young players being touted as first teamers in the next few years can't get game time for poor L2 sides and non-league teams.

It's a big jump though from junior football and I think some expect too much after encouraging performances in the U18 and ressies.
We are pretty successful with our academy and it's still rare for a player to actually break through. It's not easy at all!

I don't think anyone is touting them as first team players other than some of our deluded fans who have watched them once in pre-season and then made a ridiculous bold statement based on that.

Look at last summer. We had so many fans on here claiming that Osula just needed one goal and he'd go on to score lots in the Premier League. Many were stating that Brooks was the second coming. In reality he's an okay 6/10 player but he gives the ball away a lot, often running straight into players when he has the ball. Our fans overhype our players way too much. Arblaster has one good game against Chelsea and all of a sudden our fans talk like we've got the best young player in the Premier League and that every top club will be trying to sign him this summer. Unrealistic, deluded views of our players never helps.

Arblaster clearly has the most potential from all the young players we've seen this season, as he does positive things with the ball. I've no doubt that he'll do well for us in the Championship next season. But we need to remain level headed about him.

Marsh also has potential as he has the selfish instinct to go for goal whenever he gets the ball in a good positions, but he needs to go out on loan until at least the new year.

Deane pulled a goal back. He was out of action for 10 weeks due to glandular fever after that day

Luckily, he came back on 17th November :)

s-l1600.jpg

I don't think anyone is touting them as first team players other than some of our deluded fans who have watched them once in pre-season and then made a ridiculous bold statement based on that.

Look at last summer. We had so many fans on here claiming that Osula just needed one goal and he'd go on to score lots in the Premier League. Many were stating that Brooks was the second coming. In reality he's an okay 6/10 player but he gives the ball away a lot, often running straight into players when he has the ball. Our fans overhype our players way too much. Arblaster has one good game against Chelsea and all of a sudden our fans talk like we've got the best young player in the Premier League and that every top club will be trying to sign him this summer. Unrealistic, deluded views of our players never helps.

Arblaster clearly has the most potential from all the young players we've seen this season, as he does positive things with the ball. I've no doubt that he'll do well for us in the Championship next season. But we need to remain level headed about him.

Marsh also has potential as he has the selfish instinct to go for goal whenever he gets the ball in a good positions, but he needs to go out on loan until at least the new year.
I absolutely agree with this. One thing that grinds my gears is our social media, quick to jump on that hype, putting him in pictures with the likes of De Bruyne etc all to get social media reactions. This is not the first occasion too. Maybe(definitely) I am just a miserable old fart these days.

Yes but it's our fans that tout all our youngsters as first teamers, frankly I wouldn't trust most of our fanbase to give the correct directions to Bramall Lane from the Moor let alone spot a youngster who could have a Football career at Championship or Premiership level.

We were quick to hype up Andre Brooks as well and now he is barely getting on the pitch.

That said these lads need experience and will get better for it.

One thing that grinds my gears is our social media, quick to jump on that hype, putting him in pictures with the likes of De Bruyne etc all to get social media reactions. This is not the first occasion too. Maybe(definitely) I am just a miserable old fart these days.
I think our social media team do a good job. To say we share a city with a MASSIVE club the figures back that up.
Followers:
Facebook United 614K Wednesday 363K
Twitter United 546K, Wednesday 364k
Instagram United 589K, Wednesday 117k
Tiktok United 1.7M Wednesday 109K

We were quick to hype up Andre Brooks as well and now he is barely getting on the pitch.

I don't get the hype around Brooks. He looks okay to average at best. He stood out as good as the rest of the midfield were so poor. He looked energetic as the rest were so immobile. But there was no end product. He runs with the ball, which is unusual for United as we normally offload it like a hot potato as soon as we get it. Other than a couple of early door nutmegs all I saw was him run straight at defenders and into them, losing the ball as a result. He's raw and needs work but he doesn't look Championship ready to me, unlike Arblaster.

I don't get the hype around Brooks. He looks okay to average at best. He stood out as good as the rest of the midfield were so poor. He looked energetic as the rest were so immobile. But there was no end product. He runs with the ball, which is unusual for United as we normally offload it like a hot potato as soon as we get it. Other than a couple of early door nutmegs all I saw was him run straight at defenders and into them, losing the ball as a result. He's raw and needs work but he doesn't look Championship ready to me, unlike Arblaster.

Not sure this midfield is the best to judge either of them on. That said Arblaster hasn't looked out of place and has probably been our best performing midfielder since he started games.

The potential is there in both of them but having seen them both in interviews they know they have a lot to learn. The Championship is probably a better environment to learn than the high pace and fitness of the Premier League.

Not sure this midfield is the best to judge either of them on. That said Arblaster hasn't looked out of place and has probably been our best performing midfielder since he started games.

The potential is there in both of them but having seen them both in interviews they know they have a lot to learn. The Championship is probably a better environment to learn than the high pace and fitness of the Premier League.
Brooks played for the academy the other night and looked distinctly average. A 5/10 player at best. Peck was far more effective than him. Brooks was good until Forest scored the opener then be was ineffective for the rest of the match.

I think Brooks suffered from that awful home run we went on, remember him playing against Villa (his last start i think) and he was poor in midfield.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him start against Brentford if JLT doesn't play, with Trusty going to LCB and Osborn to LWB which would open up a space in midfield for Brooks.

I think Brooks suffered from that awful home run we went on, remember him playing against Villa (his last start i think) and he was poor in midfield.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him start against Brentford if JLT doesn't play, with Trusty going to LCB and Osborn to LWB which would open up a space in midfield for Brooks.
Agreed. I think a lot are letting this cloud their judgement of him. He’s come into the side and shown some exciting promise.

A lot forget he was thrown right in the deep end with his first professional starts, is young and came into an absolutely awful side. And, he was still, for the most part of his spell in the side, one of the main bright sparks in the sea of utter dross.

It always amazes me how some people expect so many academy graduates to break in to the first team. It may happen once every couple of years, and for Premier League standard players it's obviously less than that.

Brooks played for the academy the other night and looked distinctly average. A 5/10 player at best. Peck was far more effective than him. Brooks was good until Forest scored the opener then be was ineffective for the rest of the match.
From the bits I've seen, Peck looks like a proper baller.

Would not surprise me at all to see him and Arblaster in the starting XI on the first day of next season.

From the bits I've seen, Peck looks like a proper baller.

Would not surprise me at all to see him and Arblaster in the starting XI on the first day of next season.
He looks good but I think he need a loan to gain more experience. Maybe a short loan until Christmas in League One.

Fans tout them as first team players.

We have people screaming for Andre Brooks to play centre midfield. But they haven’t really watched him at youth level.

Fans tout them as first team players.

We have people screaming for Andre Brooks to play centre midfield. But they haven’t really watched him at youth level.
I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks play a part next season since he was playing well until we had that poor run of results at home.

If Osborn moves to LWB that may open a spot for Brooks in midfield but if not then I can't see him starting ahead of Hamer, Arblaster or Osborn in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom