CONFIRMED Ryan Leonard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I just think a bid like we received for the 2 Young players last year and he'd be off.

I'd love nothing more than the club saying "he's not for sale"

But it's not what we do.

My view is, and always has been, short termism has blighted our history. I long for the day we look at the bigger picture, for example we didn't have to sell Kyle Walker when we did he didn't want to leave we could have said no. There are countless other examples where we could have said no but didn't.

Don't come back with the 'but if players want to go' recent history is littered with examples of clubs keeping players that clubs have bid for, Charlton being one.

I accept sometimes bids are to good but the fact is we often seemingly don't put up a fight to incoming bids.

So how confident are you of him going this transfer window for "a million quid"?

I just think a bid like we received for the 2 Young players last year and he'd be off.

But it's not what we do.

My view is, and always has been, short termism has blighted our history. I long for the day we look at the bigger picture, for example we didn't have to sell Kyle Walker when we did he didn't want to leave we could have said no. There are countless other examples where we could have said no but didn't.

Don't come back with the 'but if players want to go' recent history is littered with examples of clubs keeping players that clubs have bid for, Charlton being one.

I accept sometimes bids are to good but the fact is we often seemingly don't put up a fight to incoming bids.
Gerrimsold. Gerremallsold.

But it's not what we do.

The problem is, it's the club's business model to make profits on player sales every season. We've been doing this consistently for the past 10 years or more now. You have to go back to 2005/6 season to find the last time we spent more on players than we made from selling them - and that was the season we got promoted to the Prem btw. Anyone spot a pattern there?

The problem is, it's the club's business model to make profits on player sales every season. We've been doing this consistently for the past 10 years or more now. You have to go back to 2005/6 season to find the last time we spent more on players than we made from selling them - and that was the season we got promoted to the Prem btw. Anyone spot a pattern there?
Is it?

Shock horror; Cerberus blade talking bollocks again

The club doesn't make profits. It does, however, have to remain solvent.

This video and the one the club posted on YouTube called Pass, pass, pass! show that we're going to be alright this coming season. When you see us play football like that, you can see it's League One vs above League One. Not saying we're going to dominate teams like that this season, but the ability is there to compete at the next level.

He should score more, but when he hits them they normally stay hit.

Surely if a player hits a shot by definition the shot is hit and therefore the 'normally stay hit' comment is unneeded as the shots originally hit state will surely continue to remain hit regardless.

Surely if a player hits a shot by definition the shot is hit and therefore the 'normally stay hit' comment is unneeded as the shots originally hit state will surely continue to remain hit regardless.
You're thinking of Simonsens penalty I think.

Stop trying to advertise him, we've moved on now :p
So many of my posts are unneeded, but they just make me a happier person, especially when I've posted something about Leonard. Good that you've moved on though as it means I'll get to see more of Lenny's well hit shots.

So many of my posts are unneeded, but they just make me a happier person, especially when I've posted something about Leonard. Good that you've moved on though as it means I'll get to see more of Lenny's well hit shots.
Like the TWO he scored from last season.
You can't kid a kidder mate.
I do really want him though.

Back
Top Bottom